930 slatnose mystery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 PM
cheon is infamous around these parts
930 slatnose mystery

hi guyz
my dad bought a 1985 or 86 dont remember slant nose. now we alwayz figured it was a fake 1 but when we look at the stuff its got done to it we dont no anymore its got a 5 speed ruf tranny,ruf intercooler,and twin plugs per cylinder. we talk to porsche where we live and they said its from outta counrty and we gotta contact posche for a build sheet. i was wondering if anyone may have infos or contacts that may help us figure out if its a real slant nose, the vin for the car is wp022293zfs000374.
thx guyz

Old 05-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
...and here I was thinking that they spoke english in Canada.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
gee my neighbor has a real one i think you can check the vin but i don't know the correct code he is at the historics in monterey as we type will check when he returns

Old 06-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Coreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Verde
...and here I was thinking that they spoke english in Canada.
I was thinking the same thing

Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 PM
cheon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by steve harris
gee my neighbor has a real one i think you can check the vin but i don't know the correct code he is at the historics in monterey as we type will check when he returns
that would be great if u could thx steve

Old 06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Does the car have the options sticker on the underside of the hood near the latch? Post a pic and we might be able to tell you if it's a factory slant. The VIN by itself will not tell you if it's a factory slant or not.

You need to pay for and obtain a Certificate of Authenticity, sometimes referred to as a Kardex. Here's the link:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...fauthenticity/

This will have all the pertinent information from VIN #, to date of manufacture, to options the car was built with, etc.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 PM
ErikG is infamous around these parts
Certificate of Authenticity does not always work either. In 85-86 I don't think it was on the build sheet. My 85 930 (therefore a Euro Car) is an original Slant but my Certificate has nothing. But I've had enough experts confirm that it was real. In those early days you could get a Slant with the boxed rockers and brake vents in the rear, or just a Slant without boxed rockers or even the brake vents. Whatever you wanted from Special Werkes. A few ways to be able to tell is the headlight motor (fakes often used Mazda motor), the fiberglass covers of the motor and other parts (fakes often did not bother) and the rods that actually lifted the lights actually had different threats on opposing sides for adjustments. Most fakes did not bother with this either.
In regards to the Ruf Parts, a phone call to Ruf should be able to clarify. My 85 was also a BTR conversion when new by a prior owner, and has the Ruf 5 speed and Ruf Intercooler, although I don't think they did twin plug on the BTR conversions then. I also have a Ruf Tach with the 7K rpm at the top. But just like with Special Werkes, no Ruf car was the same either.

Anybody want to buy my 930S :-)

Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ErikG

Anybody want to buy my 930S :-)
Still upgrading to the 10 GT3RS?

Old 07-02-2010, 06:21 AM
ErikG is infamous around these parts
^^^^^ I wish. Staying with plain old RS1