Porsche 930 Replacement Brake Rotors and Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:24 PM
LEADSLINGER7 is infamous around these parts
Porsche 930 Replacement Brake Rotors and Pads

Having to replace my front rotors and pads on my 89 930 and was hoping to get some insight on member's thoughts on if I should stick to OEM or go after market. Always looking for performance, but don't want to pay through the nose either. Figured I would look at doing my rears as well just to get them out of the way. Looked at R1 Concepts and they are about $100 more than OEM. Not real sure why since those that pointed me in that direction told me they were far less in comparison to OEM. Recommendations? Thanks, J

Old 11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
porschster is infamous around these parts
930 brake work

Being an owner of 1985 930 myself, I must vouch that there's no such thing as a cheap repair for a 930! Since it's such a classic car, I would go totally original. Remember the 930 brakes are based on the racing 917 so the brakes are excellent (even in today's standards). They are made by Brembo so it can't be bad. I recently had rotors, pads replaced, the flexible brake lines, calipers rebuilt for all four wheels and that's $3k (including labor). It's a hefty sum but brakes are most important component of your car, IMO. Plus, it should last you a while (I found out that the car was still on the original calipers and hoses, so that tells you how well the Porsches are made). The old brake lines actually have "1984" stamped on them, so they are original.
Having said that, I am told that Porsche does not make their rotors, Zimmerman is what I used with Pagid pads. The caliper rebuilt kit (bunch of seals) was from Porsche.
It is an expensive car to own, every time I find something to fix, it's cheap.
But boy, what a car... I absolutely love it so until I am totally broke, I will probably keep paying into keeping it "classic".

Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Luke_01 is infamous around these parts
Hello guys.
I am looking for 930 rotors. Ever found non OEM ones?
What can I expect to pay?
Kind regards

Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Hello guys.
I am looking for 930 rotors. Ever found non OEM ones?
What can I expect to pay?
Kind regards
We offer Zimmermann and Sebro rotors along with a full selection of brake pads. Click Here for more information. Feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Zimmerman are good.