My Old School 930 Restoration *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:45 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mclaren55
I would think that if you wanted high speed stability some splitters and a larger wing would work. I know I got sideways at around 165mph in mine, wasn't a crazy kick, but enough to make things slow motion. Asked around, general concensus was lack of downforce. As for the diffuser, sure, but with 930's ground clearence, especially when launching, I wouldn't want to. That is of course if I was using stock torsion style suspension.
I have been far past 165mph with no problems. If you are getting sideways there is something else going on with your suspension.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:52 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
**Update on the car** We put all the glass in on Saturday. All thats left is the rockers and bumpers. It will be on the road soon.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:04 AM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
I hear ya, this happened when the car was on 16" Fuchs with 5 year old garbage rubber with a square 225 setup all the way around, which I believe was the main problem. Either way, the car is now coil over with 355's in the back. Problem solved.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 AM
ZLP
Originally Posted by mclaren55
I hear ya, this happened when the car was on 16" Fuchs with 5 year old garbage rubber with a square 225 setup all the way around, which I believe was the main problem. Either way, the car is now coil over with 355's in the back. Problem solved.
Haha, yea old rubber can definately do that!!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
ZLP, so you finished the car? I was looking at your site and it seemed as if you finished it... Nice work.

Chris

Old 02-20-2007, 02:10 PM
ZLP
Not yet, we worked all day yesterday hanging the f/r bumpers, mounting the headlights, and doing some electrical work. There is still about a day of work for finishing touches.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:15 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
ohhh.... niiicee! Pictures P-LA-EEESEE!!! lol

Chris

Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Yes time for some new pictures!

Old 03-11-2007, 03:03 AM
ZLP
Just got the car back tonight!!! With this cold weather it is shooting some nice flames. I am going to detail it all day tomorrow so I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Looking forward to the pictures. Congratulations on getting the turbo back.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:21 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
When will it be in AZ?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:37 PM
ZLP
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
When will it be in AZ?
End of May!

Old 03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
ZLP... PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Old 03-11-2007, 10:00 PM
ZLP
I'm exhausted so I have not been able to take any decent pics but here are a few quick ones!

Old 03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
ZLP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Old School 930 Restoration *PICS*