My Old School 930 Restoration *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Holy ****! No sound deadening or carpets...you are f'ing sick in the head Zach....that thing must sound like death when it gets on boost, I'm gonna need a ride next time I'm in AZ.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:46 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Holy ****! No sound deadening or carpets...you are f'ing sick in the head Zach....that thing must sound like death when it gets on boost, I'm gonna need a ride next time I'm in AZ.
Hey it's lighter that way. Plus its easy to maintain. I run an open wastegate so on boost noise is pretty sick. It's a flamethrower between shifts as well!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:23 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Man I'd love to have something like this. Can't beat how good these Classic 930's look.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of

Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Looks brilliant!

Old 03-31-2007, 07:49 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Zach, thats old school cool right there....awesome !

Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Blue Meanie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jean
Mirrors won't do much, don't bother
Shave the rain gutters since you are doing body work (not easy but excellent)
Narrower front tires
Flush rear window with the roof
Lower the car
Increase rake (lower front than rear) a bit beyond Porsche recommendations
Don't use a stock 930 wing, go for something more modern that helps with downforce while not increasing drag.
Try to have a CF (or Fiberglass) tray made under the body from front to rear, covering the whole length of the car with screws to take it in-out. (the race GT2 EVO versions had this, decreases drag and improves downforce).

Oh one more thing if you go EFI , stick with Motronic!

Good call. Pretty much what I have done to my older car. Gear limited at 160 but solid when you get there.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
BAD ASH is infamous around these parts
I'm drooling here, awsome ride. definetly a classic.
I Had to save some of those pics. Congrats man. looking sharp.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
That's a beautiful car. I wish my car would shoot flames out the exhaust. That's straight illin'

Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
ZLP
Thanks guys I am just enjoying driving her now while I'm making the EFI injector blocks and rails. Then probably after the AZ summer heat dies down I'll jump into the conversion.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:20 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
Zach, Im so glad you have the stones to be different on this project. Seriously I dont know of too many guys who would go through all this work just to have a "sleeper". In my opinion though, it is just raw car. Thats all, and that to me is just plain sexy.

More pictures when you get a chance, rolling ones would be hot!

Chris

Old 04-25-2007, 02:13 AM
ZLP
Originally Posted by NaplesBound
Zach, Im so glad you have the stones to be different on this project. Seriously I dont know of too many guys who would go through all this work just to have a "sleeper". In my opinion though, it is just raw car. Thats all, and that to me is just plain sexy.

More pictures when you get a chance, rolling ones would be hot!

Chris
I like the 911 look and I didn't want to junk it up with a bunch of FG bits and add ons. Some people are into it and thats cool but I like factory stuff and fitment. I could've gone 993 GT2 evo look but if I wanted a newer turbo I would have bought one. The point of this project was to have an old school hotrod and I think I accomplished that. I am planning on doing something cool to my 1970 RS Replica too so look out in the future. For more pics check out my site in my sig, I'm always adding.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
ZLP
Stopped by RJ's the other day and saw this....

Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 AM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
How would you girl stack up to the Lambo Zach? I know on your web-site it says that it would eat Fcars and Vipers, but I was just wondering about this guy too.

Chris

Old 04-26-2007, 01:56 AM
ZLP
Originally Posted by NaplesBound
How would you girl stack up to the Lambo Zach? I know on your web-site it says that it would eat Fcars and Vipers, but I was just wondering about this guy too.

Chris
Don't think I would have a problem. Thats the car from the Bullrun if you are wondering.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Old School 930 Restoration *PICS*