My Old School 930 Restoration *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 AM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
good God what a badass 930!

what turbo are you running? what is the extent of your engine mods if you dont mind me asking?

Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IIVVX
good God what a badass 930!

what turbo are you running? what is the extent of your engine mods if you dont mind me asking?
Just a hybrid kkk and the engine has a few mods too.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:59 PM
nice...so are you gear limited to 190? how was your boss able to achieve 230? G50 conversion or what?

Old 08-18-2007, 04:37 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
nice...so are you gear limited to 190? how was your boss able to achieve 230? G50 conversion or what?
I'm gear limited to 200mph. He had some special Porsche Motorsports gear that allowed him to reach those speeds, along with an unbelievable aero and engine package. 230mph at almost 5,000ft, 100 degrees, and with a 3.0 liter(220mph with the 2.0 liter!) is not easy.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
I'm gear limited to 200mph. He had some special Porsche Motorsports gear that allowed him to reach those speeds, along with an unbelievable aero and engine package. 230mph at almost 5,000ft, 100 degrees, and with a 3.0 liter(220mph with the 2.0 liter!) is not easy.
wow

thanks for the prompt replies!

im planning a resto project right now and im debating whether to do a 930 or something along the lines of an updated 73 RS clone or 964 RS clone.

but im around supras a lot and my cousin has a supra with a big single which is just a blast to drive. i dunno, im thinking i may do a supra as a highway car and an RS clone as my weekend car but this thread is making me want to do a 930 instead haha.

check out this thread -> https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=94525

that car is pretty enticing as well

Old 08-18-2007, 09:08 PM
ZLP
wow

thanks for the prompt replies!

im planning a resto project right now and im debating whether to do a 930 or something along the lines of an updated 73 RS clone or 964 RS clone.

but im around supras a lot and my cousin has a supra with a big single which is just a blast to drive. i dunno, im thinking i may do a supra as a highway car and an RS clone as my weekend car but this thread is making me want to do a 930 instead haha.

check out this thread -> https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=94525

that car is pretty enticing as well
I've owned more than a few Supras(stock to over 800rwhp) and after driving the 930 they are just plain boring to drive. I have an RS clone as well and imho you can't go wrong between that and a 930.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:24 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
So Zach, how many people have you left with their mouth open after you crush them?

Chris

Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
I am sure I have asked this before but what weight is the car and what is hp/tq at the wheels

Christian

Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 PM
ZLP
Originally Posted by NaplesBound
So Zach, how many people have you left with their mouth open after you crush them?

Chris
RenntechV12 in his GT2 got me by a 1/2 car from 60-135 and I think he was pretty surprised I was able to stay with him! His car is seriously fast and the only thing thats been able to pull on me. Racing cars like Vipers, C6Z06's, etc. is just, well.....

Old 08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
ZLP
Originally Posted by Christian
I am sure I have asked this before but what weight is the car and what is hp/tq at the wheels

Christian
Its 2500lbs on the corner balance scales. Never had it on a dyno so I have no idea on the hp.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
needless to say thats pretty damn impressive!

do you think you'll dyno anytime soon?

also, i noticed you were in phoenix...have you heard of patrick motorsports? i am contemplating having a build done and thats the shop i was thinking of using. thanks in advance

Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Are you in town or out of town this weekend Zach? We are going for a run on Saturday.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:06 PM
ZLP

also, i noticed you were in phoenix...have you heard of patrick motorsports? i am contemplating having a build done and thats the shop i was thinking of using. thanks in advance
Nope, I have no interest in dyno numbers. It's tuned and goes fast and thats all I care about!

Luis, I will know tomorrow afternoon if I will be here or not this weekend. If I'm here you will see me on Saturday.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
ZLP

Patrick is one of the top builders in the country. I stop by there every few months to see what he is working on and it's all top notch. If you have the coin definitely go with him!

Last edited by ZLP; 08-21-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks, i have been doing a lot of research and they seem to be the best shop i could find in our area. the gallery of their examples was very impressive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Old School 930 Restoration *PICS*