1,000whp 964?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
TRJRACING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Maciej@RPM
The current car weighs 3050 I believe.
Thank's Matt. Clutchmasters had told me that Eddie's car was about 3000lbs when I was at E-Town at the vw waterfest show this passed summer...

Old 02-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRJRACING
I'm not here to debate over weight on a 964 thats what I've seen stamped on the 964 porsches as weight I won't argue what I see. Please don't debate with me, Debate with porsche, I didn't put those numbers there, porsche did. Besides I was around to see the beginning stages of Eddies first porsche back in the day when most of you guy's didn't know Eddie yet for what he did with his car's and him being the street legend he is. I'm a big fan of what Eddie does to these porsches, that's what I am intersted in. I was looking to buy a 1990 964 and 3693lbs is the weight a bone stock 964 came in at I won't argue that because that what I saw stamped on the porsche as weight, I didn't put the weight of the car there. I just go by what I read. I really don't care anyway if it is sub 3000lbs or 3693lbs stock or not I don't have a scale to weigh it myself and I don't want to debate with you, so it really doesn't matter to me. I guess you truly didn't understand my first statement to begin with, the one you first quoted me on. Take Care...
TRJ
The weight can be as you please, no problem with me Again, I did understand your post. I am also a big fan of Eddie, it is not his weight I am debating

Maciej, that would be the first drag racer that I know of, who likes to make his car heavier than stock.
3050lbs with 2 on board and a full tank....ok will take that

Don't get entangled in this discussion, it really does not matter...as long as we can see that wheelie video

Last edited by Jean; 02-12-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Jean, No beef here on my end, but I guess our U.S. porsche models are a bit heavier...

Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Hi All, I myself was present at E town when JAVIER OTEGA was there to witness all the vehicles weights after their run and the car weighed in at 3050lbs, which eddie was banned from.Because in that class the vehicle needed to weigh 3200 lbs to run in the quick 8 so they put Eddie in the quick 16 class..
i also recall Eddie doing a 360 mid track, getting back on the gas, and still breaking an 11.xx. and thats when i fell in love with Porsches, and here we are today !
Hope this helps,
Tim

Old 02-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I can't wait to see Eddie break another record at the next Texas mile and see his porsche run deep into the 8's in the quarter mile...

Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
1999, Moroso in West Palm Beach, Florida..............First time ever I saw Bellos Car, second gear wheelies, that date my life changed for ever, I too fell in love with the 911............... I think we need a second chapter from Bellos Car............ 1700 pnd, 4 bar of boost I don't care, we need more.....

Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
Hi All, I myself was present at E town when JAVIER OTEGA was there to witness all the vehicles weights after their run and the car weighed in at 3050lbs, which eddie was banned from.Because in that class the vehicle needed to weigh 3200 lbs to run in the quick 8 so they put Eddie in the quick 16 class..
i also recall Eddie doing a 360 mid track, getting back on the gas, and still breaking an 11.xx. and thats when i fell in love with Porsches, and here we are today !
Hope this helps,
Tim
I fell in love with porsches when Eddie build the first one, I was around to see alot of Eddie's progress with the first one since Eddie and my cousin were friends back then and Eddie did work on my cousin's porsches too...

Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tito
1999, Moroso in West Palm Beach, Florida..............First time ever I saw Bellos Car, second gear wheelies, that date my life changed for ever, I too fell in love with the 911............... I think we need a second chapter from Bellos Car............ 1700 pnd, 4 bar of boost I don't care, we need more.....
I'm with you on that one Tito...

Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Hope this helps,
Tim
Tim

Could it be possible that the 3050 lbs was with the driver inside the car?

Any Porsche literature shows the weight of a stock 964C2... It is <3000 lbs. DIN (with the spare tire and all tools, half a tank of fuel and all fluids, including A/C). In fact I used to own one (US spec ) until very recently.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I am taking a wild guess here, this car does not seem/should not have :

- Spare tire and tools
- a rear windshield wiper and mechanism and water tank
- the heavy electrical rear wing
- has kevlar or fiberglass rear fenders (seen through the 2 holes made on the rear fenders)
- maybe the front hood and front fenders are FG/CF as well by the same token, since it has 997 headlights fitted.
- lightweight doors.... they don't have mirrors attached to them
- the little 935-like mirrors are not stock electrical
- it has lightweight door panels
- it has GT3 seats, not heavy electrical factory seats
- No muffler
- no sunroof mechanism? ( I remember the roof flew out once at high speed)
- A/C(?)
- power steering, brake, clutch(?)

I was simply saying that most likely it would be lighter than stock, not the other way around.

The car is blindingly fast and I cannot wait to see what it does at the Texas mile, I hope it beats the record, which I am sure it will not be too shy off.

I would have loved to be there to watch it. I also want to make it clear that I support any sort of weight savings measures taken, as well as engine configurations, it is great to see someone so dedicated to putting an aircooled Porsche so high up the competition scale, GOOD LUCK EDDIE! I truly, honestly mean it.

Last edited by Jean; 02-12-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:29 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Good Luck Eddie,

The car (and what you have done with it) as a privateer is quite remarkable.
I have no idea what it wieghs but I would think it would be lighter than a stock one?

MK

Old 02-13-2008, 02:32 AM
JETJOX is infamous around these parts
Could it be possible that the 3050 lbs was with the driver inside the car?

Yes Jean, with him in it.

jr

Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Hi Jean, Yes Eddie was in the car. The car is all oem steel! power window, steer,sunroof.
add weight 2 turbos 2 waste gates intercooler and piping 2nd oil cooler all a/c plumbing and 6 point cage plus full stereo system Big brake kit and heaver that stock wheels.
The car will be in texas in 6 weeks bring out the inspector(do not forget the magnet)!!!
Hope this helps.
Tim

Old 02-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
The car will be in texas in 6 weeks bring out the inspector(do not forget the magnet)!!!

hilar ious

Old 02-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Hi Jean, Yes Eddie was in the car. The car is all oem steel! power window, steer,sunroof.
add weight 2 turbos 2 waste gates intercooler and piping 2nd oil cooler all a/c plumbing and 6 point cage plus full stereo system Big brake kit and heaver that stock wheels.
Hope this helps.
Tim

So if the driver was in it, the car is not 3000 lbs, but more like 2820lbs or less, we already have an agreement there at least.

All of the above items that you listed are a good 100lbs additional weight I agree. The picture that I have shows that the car does not have AC though.

And other items not listed are about -350lbs savings (excluding doors and panels since you said they are steel)

Tito, since I won't be there, could you be the inspector and bring the magnet for me?

Last edited by Jean; 02-14-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:30 AM

Light weight and lots of boost, I LUV it!!! please someone tell me that I can run 3 bar of boost !! today be a great day for that !!

Last edited by Tito; 02-14-2008 at 10:40 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1,000whp 964?!