1,000whp 964?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:25 AM
TRJRACING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tito

Light weight and lots of boost, I LUV it!!! please some tell me that I can run 3 bar of boost !! today be a great day for that !!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
What Pictures?

Originally Posted by Jean
So if the driver was in it, the car is not 3000 lbs, but more like 2820lbs or less, we already have an agreement there at least.

All of the above items that you listed are a good 100lbs additional weight I agree. The picture that I have shows that the car does not have AC though.

And other items not listed are about -350lbs savings (excluding doors and panels since you said they are steel)

Tito, since I won't be there, could you be the inspector and bring the magnet for me?
Why so much concern about Eddies car We would be glad to post some pictures for you if you want to check it out....... Here it is with some new BBS LM's

Old 02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
I may be able to answer that, Im not sure how long you have been in Bellos camp, he has done an outstanding job all alone for as far as many of us can remember, the only problem all alone has been some questions of "How" he got there, personally I don't care, Im a fan of him period. 5,000lb and 4 bar of boost or 2800 and 2 bar is all good for me.

however things like "Boost" car "Weight" and a "Few" other things have been always in a cloud, the main reason has been that "some" have been able to confirm "many things" and weight has been one, Again is all good with me.

Now, if you dyno that thing and have a video of the boost, video her on the scale, Im sure some eyeball's will roll again is all good with me, In my book I EXPECT Bello to break the 9.16 he has hold for many "years, I don't care if is a 9.15

from a little bird, true or not I don't know

The car was 3,050lbs. Look for him on the upcoming pinks all out from Englishtown,nj in july."

Last edited by Tito; 02-14-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Tim,

No interest at all really, I live too far from the action you guys have to have any.

I was just highlighting my thoughts because I spend a lot of time analyzing massand suspension impact, aerodynamics and engine dynamics for (track) racing .

Just as Tito said, it really does not matter what boost and weight Eddie runs as long as he can do what he does and he is able to finish his runs succesfully, I am a big fan of his skills and thinking outside the box, it is simply out of accuracy concerns.

Jean

Old 02-15-2008, 05:33 AM
I may be able to answer that, Im not sure how long you have been in Bellos camp, he has done an outstanding job all alone for as far as many of us can remember, the only problem all alone has been some questions of "How" he got there, personally I don't care, Im a fan of him period. 5,000lb and 4 bar of boost or 2800 and 2 bar is all good for me.

however things like "Boost" car "Weight" and a "Few" other things have been always in a cloud, the main reason has been that "some" have been able to confirm "many things" and weight has been one, Again is all good with me.

Now, if you dyno that thing and have a video of the boost, video her on the scale, Im sure some eyeball's will roll again is all good with me, In my book I EXPECT Bello to break the 9.16 he has hold for many "years, I don't care if is a 9.15

from a little bird, true or not I don't know

The car was 3,050lbs. Look for him on the upcoming pinks all out from Englishtown,nj in july."
Tito, Thank You for summimg that up, I couldn't have said that any better. Us Bello fan's should just sit back and watch Eddie do his thing, I believe Eddie will Break another record at the Texas mile, I think a 234-236mph is very possible and he will Break another record in the quarter mille I believe that porsche can run 8.90's or 8.70's at it's best for now. As for the pink's all out this year at E-Town if the cast of pink's pick his class depending on what E.T. Eddie runs He will win the event... What do you guy's think???

Old 02-15-2008, 09:28 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
i think his car should be more capable than that.. theres a supra right now thats still a 3.0L liter street car, way heavier than his car that does 8.55@171 in the 1/4 mile.. I'm sure with his lighter weight and more displacement, he should be able to come close to that time

Originally Posted by TRJRACING
Tito, Thank You for summimg that up, I couldn't have said that any better. Us Bello fan's should just sit back and watch Eddie do his thing, I believe Eddie will Break another record at the Texas mile, I think a 234-236mph is very possible and he will Break another record in the quarter mille I believe that porsche can run 8.90's or 8.70's at it's best for now. As for the pink's all out this year at E-Town if the cast of pink's pick his class depending on what E.T. Eddie runs He will win the event... What do you guy's think???

Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
I agree, however

there's a HUGE difference with the supras, you can go to home depot and put a combination together, the MAIN problem is that not many in the 911 world will hot rod a 911, otherwise we will ALL be running 9s

Last edited by Tito; 02-15-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by chidoks
i think his car should be more capable than that.. theres a supra right now thats still a 3.0L liter street car, way heavier than his car that does 8.55@171 in the 1/4 mile.. I'm sure with his lighter weight and more displacement, he should be able to come close to that time
The key word was for now... I know that Eddie's car is capable of going faster that's why I threw that in (for now) Beside's you can't compare a supra to a porsche two different beast's...

Last edited by TRJRACING; 02-15-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I agree, however

there's a HUGE difference with the supras, you can go to home depot and put a combination together, the MAIN problem is that not many in the 911 world will hot rod a 911, otherwise we will ALL be running 9s
I'm with you on that one Tito...

Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Supras will take lots of high boost without a problem, more than the Porsche can handle, so you can't really compare them, they are two completely different platforms, in the way they make and apply horsepower., also as Tito stated they are way ahead in the hot rod department(drag racing, that is).

Old 02-15-2008, 07:13 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jean
This car comes <3000 lbs in factory stock form, no weight saving measures?
My buddy here completely stripped out his stock 964 C2 for tracking and it weighed in at 2900. A TT motor will definitely up the weight.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZLP
My buddy here completely stripped out his stock 964 C2 for tracking and it weighed in at 2900. A TT motor will definitely up the weight.
ZLP

That is quite surprising. Did he start from a 964C2? Maybe a C4 or 964 turbo.

Also this weight might have been with the driver in it and a full tank of gas? Just guessing.

Independent from this topic, and just for information sakes (nothing to do with Eddie's car, the 2800 lbs sounds just fine), similar 964 C2 track cars (PClub level) are usually around 2500 lbs with some reasonable weight savings measures. With more serious weight savings, they get as low as 2200 lbs. including cage and 18” wheels.

Here is an example of some quick weight savings items that can be done painlessly starting from the 3000 lbs:

RS door panels savings: 10.5 lbs vs stock
Spare tire, air pump and tools: 40 lbs
Motorized rear lid: 24 lbs
GT3 seats vs. stock seats: 44lbs
Rear seats: 15 lbs
Exhaust and mufflers + Catalytic converter: 93lbs
A/C compressor unit etc: 47lbs
Engine undertray : 14lbs
LWF : 12lbs vs. 30 lbs dual mass stock .
Full tank of gas (per DIN factory weight): 116 lbs

The above alone is 385 lbs.

Engine weights:

964 C2 stock engine: 525 lbs
993TT stock engine: 591 lbs complete.
That’s <70 lbs difference.

When you factor in that these N/A engines modified to twin turbo run on MAP and not MAF, then the weight savings are even bigger, also factor in all the exhaust, dual mass flywheel, heavy headers and mufflers etc of a 993TT and you quickly save 150-160 lbs. from the 591 lbs of the stock weight engine. So at the end of the day, a twin turbo engine ends up being quite lighter than a stock 964 stock engine.

I have a 911 with 993 body (all steel parts) wide 18” wheels and 315sport cup tires, almost full interior and a 3.5 ltr pressure sensing twin turbo, twin plug, protomotive engine similar to the one in my 3.8 ltr 993GT2 in it, and the car weighs around 2500 lbs.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
3.8 TT, yes sir, thats what I need !!! 4 bar of boost and I will own the world

Old 02-18-2008, 06:15 AM
3.8 TT, yes sir, thats what I need !!! 4 bar of boost and I will own the world
Yep...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chidoks
Is that supra running stock rear and tranny? We all know that porsches are limited by the rear and the transaxle set up! Supra Vs porsche is not an apples vs apples race! Lets see what a supra will do at the up coming NOPI Street class event. That to me is an apples to apples race.
Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1,000whp 964?!