Eddie Bello is going back to the Texas Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
Of course he can run pump gas on the street...as he sees very little boost. I mean how much power can that little 964 make on 93 octane anyway.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned
Maciej is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hllywood
Of course he can run pump gas on the street...as he sees very little boost. I mean how much power can that little 964 make on 93 octane anyway.
Prying for some information?

PM's are great

Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Maciej
Prying for some information?

PM's are great
No offense. But I doubt his car makes very much power on straight pump gas...unless he's running meth along with it.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned
Pump Gas (doesn't have a meth setup), runs ~700rwhp or so I believe.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Maciej
Pump Gas (doesn't have a meth setup), runs ~700rwhp or so I believe.
That's pretty good, considering his displacement.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Hllywood
That's pretty good, considering his displacement.
He's practically attached to his laptop, its always open with him messing around with the fuel maps etc while he's driving around.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:11 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
a chute is a safety requirement by the NHRA for sanctioned races... eddie bello would be running a chute if he had run 9.99 or better and trapped 150mph at a sanctioned race but he hasnt...

a 10 point cage is required
a hans device is required
a chute is required
a firesuit in required
a driveshaft loop is required
an external shutoff switch is required
a helmet is required
an nhra license is reqiured
a scatter shield is required..

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/n...ets/index.html

just because a car runs a chute doesnt mean its not a street car.. it just means it goes fast enough in the NHRA rulebook to be required to have one.. but luckily eddie doesnt have to worry about that..
Originally Posted by TRJRACING
Yep True street cars don't run chutes...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
This thread is going no where

Old 10-12-2008, 11:56 AM
TRJRACING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chidoks
a chute is a safety requirement by the NHRA for sanctioned races... eddie bello would be running a chute if he had run 9.99 or better and trapped 150mph at a sanctioned race but he hasnt...

a 10 point cage is required
a hans device is required
a chute is required
a firesuit in required
a driveshaft loop is required
an external shutoff switch is required
a helmet is required
an nhra license is reqiured
a scatter shield is required..

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/n...ets/index.html

just because a car runs a chute doesnt mean its not a street car.. it just means it goes fast enough in the NHRA rulebook to be required to have one.. but luckily eddie doesnt have to worry about that..
Well, Eddie has ran as fast as 9.5x without a chute and over 150+mph in his current porsche in the quarter and the porsche is very capable of running deep into the 8's. I totally understand your statement about NHRA Rules but this is about Texas mile and how much of a street car Eddie's porsche is. You can't compare Eddie's porsche to a supra. The fact that Eddie has ran at Texas mile at speeds of 226mph with street tires, no chute, no nitrous, no alcohol, All boost, and not to mention he drove the porsche to and from Texas mile says alot how much of a street car his porsche is. You can't say the same for the supra running drag radials, nitrous, chute, and I'm pretty sure the supra was trailored to and from the Texas mile and or to the track... The supra isn't a true street car and in my opinion true street cars don't get trailored unless they are broke. The only thing the porsche and the supra have in common they both run race fuel at the track and at Texas mile. Two totally different Beasts, you can't compare the two...

Old 10-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tito
This thread is going no where
Yea, I have to agree with you Tito, These supra die hards know how to mess up a thread for everyone else...

Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 AM
X2daC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TRJRACING
Well, Eddie has ran as fast as 9.5x without a chute and over 150+mph in his current porsche in the quarter and the porsche is very capable of running deep into the 8's.
Why hasn't he?

Old 10-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by X2daC
Why hasn't he?
I assume first off you have no idea of who Eddie Bello is nor what his accomplishments are in the Porsche world. Second off the reason he hasn't run that time is because he is focusing strictly on the mile where he ran 226.8mph, driving the car to Texas from NY, running the mile, then driving the car back.

Its very easy for you to criticize however I don't see you doing anything ground breaking with Porsches.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:10 PM
X2daC is infamous around these parts
I know who Eddie Bello is.

And I know his accomplishments.

But I asked you a simple question and you went on your period.

All you had to say was "Because that's not what he wants to do".

Congrats on looking like a complete clown.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by X2daC
Why hasn't he?
Well, I can't speak for Eddie and why he hasn't run his porsche into the 8's, That is something you have to ask Eddie, But I am sure when he is ready to run the porsche into the 8's he will... Remember, Eddie's first porsche ran 9.1e.t.@166mph back in the late 90's with only 960whp and Eddie's current porsche is making over 1200+WHP...

Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Also, Eddie does drive his porsche to and from all the events he attends to. Eddie drives the porsche to the dragstrip, to Texas Mile, to the circut track, and uses his porsche as a daily driver rain or shine. The porsche is Never trailored to or from any event. That goes to show how much of a true street car his porsche really is and not to mention that his porsche is full interior and has a sound system too...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eddie Bello is going back to the Texas Mile