Eddie Bello is going back to the Texas Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:20 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
eddie bello hasnt run faster than a 10.6 in his current car.. dont know where you are getting the 9.5 from.. he runs at my home track.. Even if he is lucky enough to get the track officials to turn a blind eye to him not running safety equipment, that doesnt mean its legit.. A chute does not make a car a non street car.. Supras run at sanctioned events and not just track rentals so they do need the safety equipment.. Hell, my car makes just above half the amount of power these guys are making and i have a chute in the works.. somehow that makes my car non street legal.. wow

none of these supras run alcohol.. none of them sprayed during the texas mile and all of them ran on low boost.. how does having nitrous make a car a non street car? If you read the rules for the texas mile, they have classifications for a street car, they classified the supras that ran as street cars, who are you to decide that its not a street car? these cars have working ac's and power steering and can log the miles if needed..

everyone trailers their cars to such long distance races in case anything does break.. when u are making 1500whp and running 8's anything can happen.. it is a smart idea to trailer the car there.. VRalexander tows his carrera gt, the evoms cars are towed... are you saying these arent street cars?

the most retarded thing i have heard all day is that having nitrous and a chute means you arent a street car... off the bottle and on low boost, those cars still beat eddies car fair and square.. a car with a roll cage isnt a street car either?

yes, u cant compare the supra and the porsche.. one has ps and ac and all the amenities with full weight and has regard for safety equipment and regulations and still hauls *** and has run numerous 8 second quarter mile times on a 6speed and holds the texas mile STREET car record and has dynoed over 1500whp..

i already see the excuses coming if eddie doesnt win this

heres a reminder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5HsmKQw9E

Originally Posted by TRJRACING
Well, Eddie has ran as fast as 9.5x without a chute and over 150+mph in his current porsche in the quarter and the porsche is very capable of running deep into the 8's. I totally understand your statement about NHRA Rules but this is about Texas mile and how much of a street car Eddie's porsche is. You can't compare Eddie's porsche to a supra. The fact that Eddie has ran at Texas mile at speeds of 226mph with street tires, no chute, no nitrous, no alcohol, All boost, and not to mention he drove the porsche to and from Texas mile says alot how much of a street car his porsche is. You can't say the same for the supra running drag radials, nitrous, chute, and I'm pretty sure the supra was trailored to and from the Texas mile and or to the track... The supra isn't a true street car and in my opinion true street cars don't get trailored unless they are broke. The only thing the porsche and the supra have in common they both run race fuel at the track and at Texas mile. Two totally different Beasts, you can't compare the two...

Old 10-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
The cheerleaders on this topic is pretty disgusting. You boys need to put your money behind your "heros" or shut the hell up already.

Christian

Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 AM
TRJRACING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chidoks
eddie bello hasnt run faster than a 10.6 in his current car.. dont know where you are getting the 9.5 from.. he runs at my home track.. Even if he is lucky enough to get the track officials to turn a blind eye to him not running safety equipment, that doesnt mean its legit.. A chute does not make a car a non street car.. Supras run at sanctioned events and not just track rentals so they do need the safety equipment.. Hell, my car makes just above half the amount of power these guys are making and i have a chute in the works.. somehow that makes my car non street legal.. wow

none of these supras run alcohol.. none of them sprayed during the texas mile and all of them ran on low boost.. how does having nitrous make a car a non street car? If you read the rules for the texas mile, they have classifications for a street car, they classified the supras that ran as street cars, who are you to decide that its not a street car? these cars have working ac's and power steering and can log the miles if needed..

everyone trailers their cars to such long distance races in case anything does break.. when u are making 1500whp and running 8's anything can happen.. it is a smart idea to trailer the car there.. VRalexander tows his carrera gt, the evoms cars are towed... are you saying these arent street cars?

the most retarded thing i have heard all day is that having nitrous and a chute means you arent a street car... off the bottle and on low boost, those cars still beat eddies car fair and square.. a car with a roll cage isnt a street car either?

yes, u cant compare the supra and the porsche.. one has ps and ac and all the amenities with full weight and has regard for safety equipment and regulations and still hauls *** and has run numerous 8 second quarter mile times on a 6speed and holds the texas mile STREET car record and has dynoed over 1500whp..

i already see the excuses coming if eddie doesnt win this

heres a reminder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5HsmKQw9E
Well I guess you do not know Eddies porsche or seen it run and you don't have a clue about Eddies porsche. The information you are getting on Eddie's porsche is completely false, the porsche has gone faster than that 10.6 you are claiming. Last year at waterfest I spoke to the guys at clutchmasters and they are the ones who told me the porsche has made a 9 second pass. This was before Eddie was making over 1200whp. Don't get mad because your supra heros can't drive to and from a event with there 1500hp street supras, 1500whp don't mean anything if they can't hook it up at Texas mile Yea, it's nice to make big hp out of them supras and hooking up at the track but Texas mile is a whole other story. It was a 3mph difference from Eddie's porsche and the supra at the last Texas mile, so lets see 1200+whp porsche to a 1500whp supra with only a 3mph difference in the mile, I'm not impressed. Big hp doesn't alway's mean faster. Also if anyone who chooses to trailor there cars that's there business, The point is Eddie drove to and from all of the events he attends too. You can't say the same for your supra heros. I don't need to make any excuses for Eddie or anyone, We just need to see what happen's at Texas mile and once all is said and done there will be No excuses made reguardless of the outcome. Again, I hear you loud and clear about the NHRA rules but this thread is about Texas mile and Eddie going back to run his porsche. Before you make statements about Eddies porsche do some research and get the facts before speaking, because all you are doing is making yourself look like an a$$...

Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 PM
revolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to behold
Man all these Coke cans supras talking trash ,all i got to say is Eddies car is the fastest street porsche in the world.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by revolution993
Man all these Coke cans supras talking trash ,all i got to say is Eddies car is the fastest street porsche in the world.
Yes Sir, I'm with you on that one...

Old 10-17-2008, 06:46 PM
dblock06 is infamous around these parts
Well I guess you do not know Eddies porsche or seen it run and you don't have a clue about Eddies porsche. The information you are getting on Eddie's porsche is completely false, the porsche has gone faster than that 10.6 you are claiming. Last year at waterfest I spoke to the guys at clutchmasters and they are the ones who told me the porsche has made a 9 second pass. This was before Eddie was making over 1200whp. Don't get mad because your supra heros can't drive to and from a event with there 1500hp street supras, 1500whp don't mean anything if they can't hook it up at Texas mile Yea, it's nice to make big hp out of them supras and hooking up at the track but Texas mile is a whole other story. It was a 3mph difference from Eddie's porsche and the supra at the last Texas mile, so lets see 1200+whp porsche to a 1500whp supra with only a 3mph difference in the mile, I'm not impressed. Big hp doesn't alway's mean faster. Also if anyone who chooses to trailor there cars that's there business, The point is Eddie drove to and from all of the events he attends too. You can't say the same for your supra heros. I don't need to make any excuses for Eddie or anyone, We just need to see what happen's at Texas mile and once all is said and done there will be No excuses made reguardless of the outcome. Again, I hear you loud and clear about the NHRA rules but this thread is about Texas mile and Eddie going back to run his porsche. Before you make statements about Eddies porsche do some research and get the facts before speaking, because all you are doing is making yourself look like an a$$...
The Supra makes close to 1400 RWHP, not 1500 and did you just say 3 mph is not huge? 3 mph is a huge difference and the BL car was run on full boost and I think it hooked well if it did run 229 mph

Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by dblock06
The Supra makes close to 1400 RWHP, not 1500 and did you just say 3 mph is not huge? 3 mph is a huge difference and the BL car was run on full boost and I think it hooked well if it did run 229 mph
If the supras can hook up that big hp then thing's will get very interesting. But 1400rwhp to 1200+ whp and a 3 mph difference is not too impressive... But Props to the supras for making the big hp but let's see how this coming Texas mile turns out. My money is still on Eddie's porsche reguardless...

Old 10-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
TRJRACING

I think you got it all wrong, sorry, you mean that you are NOT IMPRESS that ANYONE can pick up the phone and call 50 different stores and get a turn key KIT for any supra to produce huge horsepower, heck they are doing it in 3 world country's, and thats the difference between been able to COPY what others HAVE done and what Mr.Bellos has accomplished.

Texas mile or not, he is our hero.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
eddie has not run a 9 in his current porsche.. in his old porsche he did... i dare anyone to post a vid showing otherwise.. even eddie himself posted on a board that he has done 10's because the clutch wouldnt hold and traction issues... now your uncles brothers friends sisters husband that works at clutchmasters is giving you hearsay

they dont need to hook 1500whp, they turned down the boost and still whooped him.. a supra has won the last two texas miles in the street class and will win again this year.. wanna bet? we can setup a paypal account to hold the money or select an impartial judge

you want to see a car not being able to hook the power? watch eddies 10 second run..

why am i even talking to you? the porsche has done nothing spectacular.. it hasnt beaten the supra in the texas mile or the 1/4 mile.. the only place it has beaten the supra is in the amount of nut swingers it has managed to gather..

Old 10-17-2008, 10:15 PM
hahha.. coke can supras? dude its a vw from the 1980's.. look at the texas mile videos.. who had body parts flying all over the place? looked like a pretty can with a porsche label on it

Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Mad props to Eddie for all of his acomplishemnts. Some of you guys need to raise up the N U T Z though.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:30 PM
heros are for weak minded people who dont have the testicular fortitude to attempt to achieve anything on their own..

dont fault supras for actually pursuing development of their own platform. The aircooled vw i mean porsche engines have been around for decades longer than the 2jz has been yet less has been accomplished with the aircooled porsche motor. Is it our fault that 2jz owners are actually interested in the development of our motors and are we expected to slow down progress on our platform so motors that have been out for longer than ours can catch up?

Yes we can call up 50 vendors and order parts.. You make it sound like having parts available is a bad thing.. Its not.. if porsche owners were more interested in racing and less interested in looking down on others, they'd actually get somewhere..

No one is saying they dont admire eddies accomplishments.. Hes a pioneer for doing what he does with his platform. You had an opinion that he was going to take the texas mile.. I have my opinion that he isnt.. The statistics are against him.. If a gambler were to place a bet, he wouldnt place it on eddie.. The porsche is the underdog in this case, you dont get to talk ****.. Each person had their own opinion which was just an opinion until the nutswingers decided to make it into a porsche vs. supra debate..

Do you realize how stupid you guys will look when he comes back and doesnt win again?

Ask maciej what happened last year when we had this discussion.. There is a thread somewhere on here as evidence.. As usual, the nutswingers were loud and all.. when he lost to a supra, everyone shut up..

Better hope your hero delivers

Originally Posted by Tito
TRJRACING

I think you got it all wrong, sorry, you mean that you are NOT IMPRESS that ANYONE can pick up the phone and call 50 different stores and get a turn key KIT for any supra to produce huge horsepower, heck they are doing it in 3 world country's, and thats the difference between been able to COPY what others HAVE done and what Mr.Bellos has accomplished.

Texas mile or not, he is our hero.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:59 AM
revolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to behold
Hey buddy at the end of the day you are still sitting in a toyota and a porsche is a porsche no matter what.
hahha.. coke can supras? dude its a vw from the 1980's.. look at the texas mile videos.. who had body parts flying all over the place? looked like a pretty can with a porsche label on it

Old 10-18-2008, 05:07 AM
right... and one is a 20 year old car that is worth half of the toyota

if you are going to be elitist do it with a gt2, gt3, gt3rs, carrera gt, lambo, bentley or ferrari not a 20 year old volkswagen

Hey buddy at the end of the day you are still sitting in a toyota and a porsche is a porsche no matter what.

Last edited by chidoks; 10-18-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey buddy you could get a supra for like 10k here in Canada imported from japan. .http://www.jdmskyline.com/JDM_cars/3...ock%20No%20374 Here if your interested and if you have a little bit more to spend http://www.jdmskyline.com/JDM_cars/3...tock%20#%20169 .And there Neg its my friends compagnie.You will never find a modified 964 for that price.
right... and one is a 20 year old car that is worth half of the toyota

if you are going to be elitist do it with a gt2, gt3, gt3rs, carrera gt, lambo, bentley or ferrari not a 20 year old volkswagen

Last edited by revolution993; 10-18-2008 at 09:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eddie Bello is going back to the Texas Mile