RUF RCT Evo @ Cars & Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 AM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by LARennsport
my lightweight 964 w/993TT engine...its the best of the old and new.....

Love the articles on your car..You my friend have a unique automobile..Alois Ruf would be flattered with the work of art you have created based on his logic of tuning/modding..

Your attention to details are impeccable..

Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
9fan64 is infamous around these parts
964's are my favorite Porsche

Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
speedme...thanks for the extremely kind words. Mr. Ruf was in town this week and I'd hoped to show him my car, but schedules did not permit.

Here's a couple of pics tho...Got a whole bunch if anyone is interested.

Attached Images   
Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Former Vendor
I put two of the rear of the car on accident...here's one from the front. BTW, all photo credits go to Mr. Z.Mayne...he's got quite an eye.

Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
tcnicholas is infamous around these parts
Robert:
Is it possible to post some detailed photos of the aluminum cage? This is exactly what I have been looking for.
I'm in the process of building up my RSA as a performance street car / DE / track car. I'm working with my fabricator now and we have been kicking around the IRC cage design as well. I would like to see all of the mounting points and cage layout. I have heavily modified my suspension and now I'm finishing out the interior and braking system. Any insight on this project would be greatly appreciated. I loved the article in 911&Porsche World
Tom

Old 09-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
If you are tracking the car, go w/a steel cage most places won't let you run w/aluminum...so check your local rules if you are set on aluminum. I don't track my car and the cage is simply to stiffen the platform which was never meant for that much HP or TQ.....My cage was made by Hielgo which is sold through FVD....go to their web site and look it up. I've got the 8-point cage and it fit very nicely. Craftsmanship was very good. If you run the RS style door panels you can get a cage that moves the cross bar out closer to the door.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:55 PM
tcnicholas is infamous around these parts
Thank you for the information. The site referenced was very helpful in numerous ways. You mentioned a possible preference in the future with the IRC unit. Any key points to consider? I'm at this cross road and could use the insight from someone who has seen both.
Tom

Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor
If I do another car, I'd do an IRC so that I can hide it all. Plus w/kids you want to have it covered and padded.....Also w/IRC you can decide if you want to run it back to rear shock towers, etc. The cage I have in the car adds tremendous rigidity...so no worries there. I also run a Ruf front shock tower brace. IRC is just another way to go...if it were a track car I'd just do a welded in cage or maybe another bolt in piece....but I was very happy w/the Heilgo piece. There are more pics of the cage I think in the Excellence article which was Nov '08....