Glass roof, Sunroof or nothing ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 08:40 PM
TC M3 has a spectacular aura aboutTC M3 has a spectacular aura about
Question Glass roof, Sunroof or nothing ??

Hey guys I ended up ordering the glass roof for my TTS, but to be honest I'm still unsure if i made the right decision

Sometimes i like no sunroof at all and sometimes i like the glass hehe

What do you guys prefer?

Thx for the input

TC

Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 PM
singlespeed is infamous around these parts
I ordered mine with a sunroof, no glass.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:01 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Mine has a sunroof in glass. I love it...adds a whole other aspect when driving. I like the extra light you get in the cabin when it is closed, something you will not get with a sunroof in metal. The glass roof makes the inside of the car feel more open and spacious, even when it is closed.

Totally worth the extra money it costs vs the metal sunroof.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Mine has a sunroof in glass. I love it...adds a whole other aspect when driving. I like the extra light you get in the cabin when it is closed, something you will not get with a sunroof in metal. The glass roof makes the inside of the car feel more open and spacious, even when it is closed.

Totally worth the extra money it costs vs the metal sunroof.

Nice !!! Thanks for the input ! When did you take deliver of your car ? What color is it ?

Old 11-21-2013, 12:45 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TC M3
Nice !!! Thanks for the input ! When did you take deliver of your car ? What color is it ?
Got it last Friday. Just had Lojack installed today a the Dealer. I haven't taken any pics of it myself yet, but here are a couple my salesman took right after the car got to the dealership. Color is GT silver.

Having the roof in glass gives the cabin a bit of a convertible like quality with the extra light. I am not trying to compare them, but it is nice to have the light in the cabin when you have everything closed up, with the option of having it like a metal sunroof with the power sunshade.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	613.1 KB
ID:	304499   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	566.0 KB
ID:	304500   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	500
Size:	652.8 KB
ID:	304501   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	624.2 KB
ID:	304502  
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Beautiful!! Congrats!

Old 11-21-2013, 01:12 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Got it last Friday. Just had Lojack installed today a the Dealer. I haven't taken any pics of it myself yet, but here are a couple my salesman took right after the car got to the dealership. Color is GT silver.

Having the roof in glass gives the cabin a bit of a convertible like quality with the extra light. I am not trying to compare them, but it is nice to have the light in the cabin when you have everything closed up, with the option of having it like a metal sunroof with the power sunshade.
Gorgeous, making me regret not going GT Silver.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM

Looks great ! congrats!! I love how the car looks with all the protection that comes from factory

Old 11-21-2013, 07:40 PM
eddtiff is infamous around these parts

Beautiful car 991TTS! Congratz~

The glass is fantastic in my opinion for the reasons you stated. I see you switched back to the default Turbo side mirrors. Any reason for this besides the auto folding feature?

Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by AJag
Gorgeous, making me regret not going GT Silver.
I'm sure you will love whatever color you chose. I have seen these in person in GT Silver, Basalt Black, and White, and they are all beautiful, IMO. GT Silver has always been my favorite Porsche Color, and I just happened to luck into a launch car that was painted that way with the only other two "must have" options I really wanted, Burmeister and sunroof in glass, without being optioned through the roof. My car had an MSRP of $199,780, I would call that a medium-level optioned car. There was another GT Silver delivered a day after mine that came out at about $210K MSRP, and that was a customer specc'd launch Car.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by TC M3
Looks great ! congrats!! I love how the car looks with all the protection that comes from factory
I hope my little bit of experience so far helps you decide what is best for you!

Old 11-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by eddtiff
Beautiful car 991TTS! Congratz~

The glass is fantastic in my opinion for the reasons you stated. I see you switched back to the default Turbo side mirrors. Any reason for this besides the auto folding feature?
You may not be thinking of me. The standard Sportdesign mirrors were picked by my Dealer when they spec'd out this Launch Car months ago. I put a deposit on this car just 3-4 weeks ago or so.

There is another member called 991Turbo_S, we have almost the same screen names. Maybe you were thinking of him?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 PM
gelkad is infamous around these partsgelkad is infamous around these parts
Agree with 991 tts, great option I had it on mine gives the cabin more light

Old 11-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Southwest4S is infamous around these parts
I have metal roof on my 13 C4S. I like the alcantara lining for it but I've thought I might consider glass roof on next one. My only question is whether or not there will be more road noise with glass roof and how the black high-gloss plastic holds up compared to painted metal?

Old 11-22-2013, 07:18 PM
I hope my little bit of experience so far helps you decide what is best for you!
Done ! My white one is coming with glass and arrives in 4 weeks can't wait

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glass roof, Sunroof or nothing ??