991 Turbo vs LP570 STS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:01 AM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Nice runs.... that non S appears to be trapping low? I thought it would be closer to 125/126?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 AM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
that right lane at the track traps a little low, on the top end the two cars are just about even...

Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Thanks for posting. Very nice ride and consistent runs.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Snorman is infamous around these partsSnorman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FikseGTS
that right lane at the track traps a little low, on the top end the two cars are just about even...
Why didn't you switch lanes for the 2nd run? It's pretty well known that the right lane at PBIR often has low trap speeds.
Also, it's interesting that the TT had virtually the same 60' time on the first and second runs. It doesn't appear that the TT used LC on the first pass. It went 1.95 with LC and 1.94 without? There doesn't appear to be any difference between the first and second passes except for the Lambo going 1.75 60' on the first pass and 1.92 on the second.
S.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:31 PM
we setup the next race to switch lanes but some old POS broke and the track was down for 45min, the 991 guy left...

he did pull a 1.7x short time during another run but my car spun and I let off...

http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche-911...lip-26276.html

you might need to hold the RPM's a bit in the 991 before launch to build full boost as is needed by my McLaren....

Originally Posted by Snorman
Why didn't you switch lanes for the 2nd run? It's pretty well known that the right lane at PBIR often has low trap speeds.
Also, it's interesting that the TT had virtually the same 60' time on the first and second runs. It doesn't appear that the TT used LC on the first pass. It went 1.95 with LC and 1.94 without? There doesn't appear to be any difference between the first and second passes except for the Lambo going 1.75 60' on the first pass and 1.92 on the second.
S.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Snorman is infamous around these partsSnorman is infamous around these parts
So he didn't run LC on that first pass either, right? It didn't look like it, the car left pretty soft on both passes and ran virtually the same 60 fts. (1.94 and 1.95).

There are plenty of them around now, but I'll probably bring my TT down for your events later this year.
S.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:42 PM
he did launch that time, not sure why it came out slow, we only did one non-LC run.....

looking forward to seeing yours run... my friend has a new Turbo S as well...

Originally Posted by Snorman
So he didn't run LC on that first pass either, right? It didn't look like it, the car left pretty soft on both passes and ran virtually the same 60 fts. (1.94 and 1.95).

There are plenty of them around now, but I'll probably bring my TT down for your events later this year.
S.