Real WHP Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Real WHP Mods

I donīt want to hijack the other thread about the exhaust system that make whp, so this thread is to resume the mods that are dyno proven for the 991 Turbo or S

Tune I have no question COBB is the way to go...

Exhaust systems that I seeing with good whp are Fabspeed and EVOMS (donīt care about the sound) there any others with competitive whp?

What about IPD Plenum? Intake system? Headers? Intercoolers? there are good gains on those mods?

Thanks to all the shops that reply in the other thread, continue here please

Last edited by webcarconnection; 08-27-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Oh my goodness look who is getting back in a P-Car!

Good to see you on here my friend!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Oh my goodness look who is getting back in a P-Car!

Good to see you on here my friend!

-Mitch
Hehehe Soon my friend, soon

Old 08-28-2015, 12:28 AM
ASofee is infamous around these parts
You said it, exhaust, intake, intercoolers. I'm curious to see what header/exhaust manifold options pop up.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I have had great results and happy customers. Would be willing to help support some testing if anyone would like to order ad only keep the parts if they see gains!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:41 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Just as a point of reference, my car running nothing more than at GIAC Stage 1 Tune and GMG exhaust trapped 166 mph in a half mile airfield event. The stock 991 TTS ran 136 mph in the same event. I've since moved to the Stage 2 GIAC tune.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Hehehe Soon my friend, soon
Great to hear!!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I have had great results and happy customers. Would be willing to help support some testing if anyone would like to order ad only keep the parts if they see gains!
How much is the gains that the brand advertise?

Old 08-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Just as a point of reference, my car running nothing more than at GIAC Stage 1 Tune and GMG exhaust trapped 166 mph in a half mile airfield event. The stock 991 TTS ran 136 mph in the same event. I've since moved to the Stage 2 GIAC tune.
Something wrong with your statement, maybe is a typo but a Turbo S stock avg. 155mph in the 1/2 mile... I saw one in person last saturday

Old 08-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Banned
So how about the IPD Plenum? in my 997.2 Turbo gain 30whp, how about with the 991?

Old 08-29-2015, 12:21 PM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
So how about the IPD Plenum? in my 997.2 Turbo gain 30whp, how about with the 991?
Just received one of these from SamboTT but haven't had a chance to install it yet. I'll let you know once it is installed...

Old 08-29-2015, 01:04 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Something wrong with your statement, maybe is a typo but a Turbo S stock avg. 155mph in the 1/2 mile... I saw one in person last saturday

That does seems low; sometimes when it gets hot we see some bad results. The worst result was from a particular piggy back tune. I don't want to name names but we think that brand of tune actually made the car slower.

So far at the airstrip events here GIAC has the fastest trap 991s but PP is a pretty close 2nd. We have seen 991's with other tunes but none yet have come close to GIAC or PP.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:08 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
That does seems low; sometimes when it gets hot we see some bad results. The worst result was from a particular piggy back tune. I don't want to name names but we think that brand of tune actually made the car slower.

So far at the airstrip events here GIAC has the fastest trap 991s but PP is a pretty close 2nd. We have seen 991's with other tunes but none yet have come close to GIAC or PP.
Now that I think back, it was a 991 with a tune and exhaust that trapped 136 mph. At least that's what I remember. All I know is you and I had the highest trap speed that day for all exotics and sports cars. I don't think either of us lost a race that day

Old 08-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by longboarder

Hey what's up Long, how is your 997.2 beast, Anything new from January to today?

I'm looking to go back to P-Cars soon.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:47 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Real WHP Mods

Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Now that I think back, it was a 991 with a tune and exhaust that trapped 136 mph. At least that's what I remember. All I know is you and I had the highest trap speed that day for all exotics and sports cars. I don't think either of us lost a race that day
Wow that is super slow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Real WHP Mods