991 turbo/s tips and tricks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 06:19 PM
justthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud of
Works every time for me - I think both hand placement AND leaving it there for ~2 seconds are essential

Old 09-10-2015, 07:48 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
I can never make that work when I try, it always happens accidentally and I can never figure out how I did it.
You don't hover...it's not designed to work that way. You have to place your hand (I use my right hand) directly under the crest, more towards the left side, fingers pointing left. Hand must be touching the hood. That works every single time!

EDIT: Works better if remote is closest to hood...in my case, right pocket.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 PM
cfpchfc1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
Did you pull the paddles and release right away? this feature is mentioned in the owners manual on page 177, I think turbo/turbo s have the same manual so I would assume this feature applies to your car.
Thanks. I got it.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:05 PM
cfpchfc1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wrs
I can never make that work when I try, it always happens accidentally and I can never figure out how I did it.
Hand under the crest, on bumper

Old 09-10-2015, 08:29 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cfpchfc1
Hand under the crest, on bumper
It didn't work well for me in the beginning, but the right way to do it is have the key within in your left Palm facing up, your right hand must form half circle with thumb and index finger touching the right side of your left hand to form a "P" then touch the front bumper About 9 inches below the crest, then it will open every time.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:50 AM
UAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant futureUAE991 has a brilliant future
Also another thing about the paddles, if you have the multi-function steering wheel(which I do), pulling both paddles does nothing ;_; so annoyed about this.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:49 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justthebest
If you have the keyless system, hovering your hand an inch or two over the bumper / just below the Porsche crest opens the frunk.
Turns out on my car it's closer to the crest and I need to be over the hood, the bumper is too far away. I hadn't realized the crest was involved in terms of distance. I thought it was the bumper but once I moved my hand over the hood close to the crest it clicks open every time.

Thanks. I had just given up on this and it's a useful feature because I keep the reusable grocery bags in the frunk so I need to open it whenever I go to the store.

ETA: Just discovered that it has to be unlocked and this must be one of the reasons it didn't work for me so often in the past. I came out of the Domain this evening with my wife and we both had packages. Tried to do it and it didn't work so I realized, oh it has to be unlocked. I got out the fob and unlocked the car and then it worked. So if I have to get out the fob anyway, I might as well use it to pop the frunk.

Last edited by wrs; 09-11-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:40 AM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Yep!

Originally Posted by Vic55
Not sure if this is exact but: driving over a certain speed with the sunroof open extends the rear wing even further
Or top down....

Old 09-12-2015, 07:14 AM
pj57 is a glorious beacon of lightpj57 is a glorious beacon of lightpj57 is a glorious beacon of lightpj57 is a glorious beacon of lightpj57 is a glorious beacon of light
I have had 100% success opening the frunk while hosing down my car during a wash. If I inadvertently have my key in my pocket and direct the stream of water near the hood/bumper cover, the hood will pop open every time, leaving the interior of the frunk damp. Not the most user friendly option, to be sure. PJ

Old 09-12-2015, 11:23 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
That's never happened to me but to be fair, I take it to the hand wash near me, where the FOB is left inside the car, so it's never near the guy who's spraying the front.

I hate washing my cars myself, and I don't do it anymore.

I live by "spend less time cleaning and more time leaning"

That'd be a ***** though...

Old 09-12-2015, 04:08 PM
justthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud of
Experimented with the frunk - hovering your hand in the middle of the vertical portion of the bumper directly below the Porsche crest for 1-2 seconds will open even a locked frunk.

The biggest variable that prevented opening was the proximity of the key - I keep my car keys in my right hand pocket, and I also use my right hand to hover. When I moved the key away (awkward lean, other pocket), the frunk would not open.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:48 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
I to just went and played with the frunk. It is very hit or miss and not very user friendly. Consistent is not a word I would use when talking about this function.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:02 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
It takes a little getting used to but I can open it every time now.

I also have had it open on my when washing it the one time I had to wash it.

Normally I take it in for a hand wash.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:10 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pj57
I have had 100% success opening the frunk while hosing down my car during a wash. If I inadvertently have my key in my pocket and direct the stream of water near the hood/bumper cover, the hood will pop open every time, leaving the interior of the frunk damp. Not the most user friendly option, to be sure. PJ
Same thing happens to me every time ....Not at all user friendly!!

Originally Posted by Goin2drt
I to just went and played with the frunk. It is very hit or miss and not very user friendly. Consistent is not a word I would use when talking about this function.
Hit or miss for me, and especially a miss whenever I try to demonstrate it to someone....

Last edited by 1Gunner; 09-13-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:08 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wrs
If your key is in your pocket or close by it will work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 turbo/s tips and tricks