Cobb - why the tax for Porsche Turbos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 08:16 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Cobb - why the tax for Porsche Turbos?

Why is a Cobb $900 for a Subaru while $2400 for a 991 Turbo? Exact same hardware and software support.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 PM
kodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to behold
Same reason wrx are $40,000 selling thousands of units while 991 are $200k only sell a few. Economics involved in producing a unit to sell a few with very high development costs vs a unit to sell 1000's with relatively simple development cost.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kodiakz
Same reason wrx are $40,000 selling thousands of units while 991 are $200k only sell a few. Economics involved in producing a unit to sell a few with very high development costs vs a unit to sell 1000's with relatively simple development cost.
There you go.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:54 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Agreed. There is a ton more r&d that goes into the Porsche Ecu as well as smaller volume. You should look at what companies charge for a reflash that you can't load and unload on your own or resell. Then comment on Porsche tax

Old 09-16-2015, 10:50 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Agreed. There is a ton more r&d that goes into the Porsche Ecu as well as smaller volume. You should look at what companies charge for a reflash that you can't load and unload on your own or resell. Then comment on Porsche tax

It's absolutely not a small volume car. There are more Porsche Turbo's out there than there are GTR's. And look and how much Cobb has put into the GTR R&D, and look at how much the Cobb costs for the GTR.

Porsche tax, yo'.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:06 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by changster
It's absolutely not a small volume car. There are more Porsche Turbo's out there than there are GTR's. And look and how much Cobb has put into the GTR R&D, and look at how much the Cobb costs for the GTR.

Porsche tax, yo'.
1) volume. You think more people tune 911 turbos than gtrs?
2) The Ecu is different between the 997.1, 997.2, and 991 "yo"
Then, factor in the NA platform they tune which is probably in the dozens. Compare that to the gtrs, total, which encompass all gtr years with minor revisions. Not even close. How many more people tune gtrs compared to Porsche turbos?
I'm sure Cobb would actually share the data. Seems really assinine you would choose to pick Cobb for the Porsche tax of all the vendors. At least with the AP you can resell it for close to your initial cost. Look at everyone selling canned tunes for 3k and up that are stuck with the car.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:16 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
the idea is, to spend as much of your dirty money as possible, porsche. durr.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
It is honestly the amount of money we have to spend to buy R&D cars. A Subaru AP is indeed cheaper, but the car is $40,000. We just sold 1 R&D Porsche, still have 1 and just ordered another. That is the reason for the higher cost of the AP.

Hope that helps. We are also still much cheaper than other options in this market and offer more features, so at the end of the day it is still quite the bargain.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 09-17-2015, 05:16 AM
Hamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really niceHamad Qtr is just really nice
I think cobb worth more than the cost

Best software for 2400$ only

And you can resale it anytime

Old 09-17-2015, 07:17 AM
kodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to beholdkodiakz is a splendid one to behold
Pretty sure there are not as many 991 turbo as gtr, the 991 ecu is much more difficult to communicate with and tune due to the higher encryption built in. And cobb cost the same or less than other tuning options. Don't like the price, don't buy one, yo

Old 09-17-2015, 08:01 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !

Old 09-17-2015, 11:16 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
"Yo"

Old 09-17-2015, 11:39 AM
bostedej25 is infamous around these parts
Cobb all the way yo!

Old 09-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
You're a vendor, of course you're going to support Cobb. Duh.

I love Cobb. I have two of them actually. One for my GTR which I no longer use given I've gone standalone.

The Cobb for my 997.2 GT3, which probably is even lower volume than Turbos, was not as expensive as the Turbo Cobb prices either.

But yes, $2k is relatively whatever in the grand scheme of things. But that's not the point.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by changster
you're a vendor, of course you're going to support cobb. Duh.

I love cobb. I have two of them actually. One for my gtr which i no longer use given i've gone standalone.

The cobb for my 997.2 gt3, which probably is even lower volume than turbos, was not as expensive as the turbo cobb prices either.

But yes, $2k is relatively whatever in the grand scheme of things. But that's not the point.
so what is your point yo?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cobb - why the tax for Porsche Turbos?