Recommend a Xpel Installer in MA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Recommend a Xpel Installer in MA

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Xpel installer in Massachusetts? Parents bought a new car and I want to get it wrapped, but being I live in south FL(where I get my cars done) I don't know any first class places here. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 09-17-2015, 06:02 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigRich
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Xpel installer in Massachusetts? Parents bought a new car and I want to get it wrapped, but being I live in south FL(where I get my cars done) I don't know any first class places here. Any help would be appreciated!
I would try Rick at Unique or Alex Jarvi at Driven Perfection in Weymouth.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:29 AM
MJM911 is a splendid one to beholdMJM911 is a splendid one to beholdMJM911 is a splendid one to beholdMJM911 is a splendid one to beholdMJM911 is a splendid one to beholdMJM911 is a splendid one to beholdMJM911 is a splendid one to beholdMJM911 is a splendid one to behold
I can highly recommend Unique Care Care in Stoneham having had a few cars done with custom cut Expel Ultimate front end wraps by them with outstanding results. They will also perform the pre-Expel paint/surface preparation to ensure the end result looks great. This is very important for the Xpel wrap to become invisible on the vehicle. Don't underestimate the value of the prep work in the outcome of the install outcome.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:57 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Thank you all for the help! I'm leaning towards Unique Car Care but I have to give them a call still. Car came "pre wrapped" by a dealer who had a installer do the hood, front bumper, side mirrors, and front wheel/fenders. I just need headlights/A pillars/rocker panels and tint. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:23 PM
imahobo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BigRich
Thank you all for the help! I'm leaning towards Unique Car Care but I have to give them a call still. Car came "pre wrapped" by a dealer who had a installer do the hood, front bumper, side mirrors, and front wheel/fenders. I just need headlights/A pillars/rocker panels and tint. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
I'd be interested to know what your research leads you to do on the headlights. Some say the Porsche factory UV coating on the lenses can get damaged by applying tint. Others disagree. I wanted to do mine but held off.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:04 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imahobo
I'd be interested to know what your research leads you to do on the headlights. Some say the Porsche factory UV coating on the lenses can get damaged by applying tint. Others disagree. I wanted to do mine but held off.
Agree my installer would not do the headlights. There have been threads on it. Ultimately your car and your call.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:20 PM
I have never heard of this issue with the headlights. I've had all my headlights Xpel wrapped. Some have been wrapped over 7 years and I have never seen/noticed any issue. Cars includes Porsches, Lamborghinis, and Ferraris. I guess I'll have to do some research but I,personally, never had any sort of issue even in cars over 7yrs old.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:56 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Rick at Unique did my Expel work as well as Opticoat and I recommend him. We talked about headlight cover wrap as well as windshield, but he cannot do the windshield due to regulations and I believe said that the new headlight lenses have a coating that may be compromised by wrap. Maybe things have changed in the past year so check with Rick. Also, I understand that Opticoat has a new more durable formulation. Definitely recommend Opticoat or similar, as it makes cleaning much easier and maintains the gloss.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:57 AM
imahobo is infamous around these parts
True, it's the UV coating Porsche started using to prevent the fading and yellowing of the lenses. Talk to suncoast parts, they stopped selling the headlight tint due to the risk. If your installer applies it correctly the first time, all is well. If it gets creased or messed up and has to be lifted to reapply it, you're buying new headlights. My local installer said it's obviously not worth the risk.