991 Turbo vs Lamborghini Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Izzycab has a spectacular aura aboutIzzycab has a spectacular aura about
991 Turbo vs Lamborghini Gallardo

I have a friend looking at getting a 2015 991 Turbo S. He also saw a 2014 Gallardo in the same price range. Just wanted to get your opinions on the two cars. Cost of ownership, comfort, reliability, ect...
I have owed a few 911's and think they are great, but I don't want to be bias in the decision making process. I know he is going for the status and look of the Lambo, but what do you guys think. I'll also post over in the Lambo forum too!

Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
No comparison, 991TT is far superior in every way except for bling factor. Now Huracan, on the other hand, is a huge leap over the Gallardo, especially w/ regards to the transmission (proper DCT, not garbage single clutch e-gear). I would take a Huracan over a 991TTS, but that's a $50k delta.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:48 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
This is my answer to anyone who wants a Gallardo for anything other than bling factor over a 991 TTS. Look what happens to the Gallardo even when he jumps the start in this roll race

This time a Gallardo Superleggera. Same result

http://youtu.be/5RovvkUIMn0

Next up a Huracan. Same result

http://youtu.be/6yhJh3H4PT0

Last edited by sdg1871; 10-13-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:32 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
( posted in the lambo section too )

Having owned and owning both.

If you are up for the most performance oriented and fastest car stock. The 991 hands down.

If you are going to make long weekends of the car, and actually drive it... 991 hands down.

If you are going to track the car and push its limits... 991 hands down.

If you want to have the most fun and be the center of attention everywhere you go. Lamborghini.

If he is serious and has direct questions, feel free to PM me and I will help answer anything I know.

Mike

Old 10-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
These really are very different cars.

If you want to stand out and the attention that you bring is important to you, Lambo.

If performance and refinement is important to you and you are OK not attracting ANY attention at all: 991 TTS

These are, IMHO, two extremely different ownership experiences.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:13 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
DD - 991
Fun - Hurricane
Gallardo - not really

Old 10-13-2015, 06:47 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Have not driven a Gallardo on a track, but have some track experience in the Huracan, as well as much more in my 991 TTS. The Huracan was easier to handle on the track than my TTS, probably due to the balance, but also to a bit more grunt from the Huracan. Obviously, either Lambo will attract far more attention, some of it unwanted, that a TTS. The Gallardo might get a bit old, aside or maybe even because of its impracticality compared to the TTS. Also, careful what you wish for in attracting attention.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Also, careful what you wish for in attracting attention.
At some point everyone learns that attention is a double-sided coin.

Nothing like an Agate Grey debadged TTS with classic wheels to keep all the fun between you and your maker.

When I was young I always noticed that the really wealthy people in Europe debadged their V12 Mercedes and V12 BMWs. My (very old money) uncle explained that this was old, wise money. They had been around long enough for people who flaunted wealth to be beheaded during revolutions.

I don't expect an actual revolution, but I don't doubt that a Lambo is a difficult proposition if you regularly work with peers, employees, customers, etc.

Sorry if I'm interrupting. Just a funny aside.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:14 PM
Izzycab has a spectacular aura aboutIzzycab has a spectacular aura about
Looks like its going to be a Turbo S. Just makes more sense

Old 10-14-2015, 05:45 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Izzycab
Looks like its going to be a Turbo S. Just makes more sense

Good choice, I looked at the Huracan but for $60k more and about the same performance it was the TTS all the way. Ok the Huracan is sexy no doubt, but too much attention from everyone. TTS is the beast when you want it and a really nice GT otherwise when driving with the wife. Crank up the Burmester and enjoy.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
No way Lambo for me... I'm still uncomfortable with the looks of the TT (versus my old C4S). Don't like the attention at all.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:17 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Attention

Originally Posted by Michael_s
No way Lambo for me... I'm still uncomfortable with the looks of the TT (versus my old C4S). Don't like the attention at all.
Best for me to avoid unwanted attention, especially from drivers of all sorts of vehicles challenging a Porsche. (I deleted the model designation when I configured my TTS.) I just go with the traffic flow and am very courteous to other drivers. Actually, I get more attention in my black Panamera GTS and drive it drive defensively. While not edgy like the Lambo's, the TTS compared to the C4S is polarizing among Porsche people. The C4S is a handsome car that is more than capable on the track.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:49 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Have driven the Huracan. It's a beast and very pretty, but far from a DD for me; it's more of a weekend warrior. It's raw and certainly more refined than a Gallardo...very fast and garners a lot of attention, but it isn't a TT/S in a practical sense. The TT/S is a true, do-anything and everything DD - and it does what a Lambo does, but better at pretty much all of it.

Gallardo isn't anywhere near the Huracan in terms of drivability or looks, when I last drove one of those. It wouldn't even be a contender - for me anyway.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:02 AM
DJ991Turbo is infamous around these parts
991turbo vs 550-2

Originally Posted by svoshop
( posted in the lambo section too )

Having owned and owning both.

If you are up for the most performance oriented and fastest car stock. The 991 hands down.

If you are going to make long weekends of the car, and actually drive it... 991 hands down.

If you are going to track the car and push its limits... 991 hands down.

If you want to have the most fun and be the center of attention everywhere you go. Lamborghini.

If he is serious and has direct questions, feel free to PM me and I will help answer anything I know.

Mike
I own a 2014 991Turbo (tuned 650hp) and just took delivery on a 2013 550-2 Spyder. Ditto on all the above comments by Mike. The FIRST thing you notice(after the awesome sound of a Lambo) is the PDK superiority!

Last edited by DJ991Turbo; 10-24-2015 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-24-2015, 09:47 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
I would tell him to go with the Gallardo and do the Underground Racing Stage 4 package.

2k HP on that beast is amazing!

A Stage 3 1500hp ran yesterday at the Texas Mile and did 229mph.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo vs Lamborghini Gallardo