To Stage 3 or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2015 | 11:20 PM
|
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
To Stage 3 or not?

I'm running the Stage 2 Cobb with a Fabspeed exhaust, headers, IPD Plenum and BMC filter, and it's insanely quicker than stock...I can easily see the massive difference when I uninstall the software. Boost is also substantially higher on the Stage 2.

So, for those of you running the Stage 3 or Stage 2+ GIAC with the new IC's, how much of a difference would I see? I don't track or drag but I do WOT her to 120 here and there...

I don't need the ability to WOT over and over without heat soak, pulled timing issues etc...I WOT once in a while, not back to back.

Is it worth the effort and cost if I'm not tracking/ dragging? Will I feel much of a difference in the street on a WOT pull, and if so, where?

Last edited by BLOWN SRT; 10-19-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2015 | 04:16 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
I'm running the Stage 2 Cobb with a Fabspeed exhaust, headers, IPD Plenum and BMC filter, and it's insanely quicker than stock...I can easily see the massive difference when I uninstall the software. Boost is also substantially higher on the Stage 2.

So, for those of you running the Stage 3 or Stage 2+ GIAC with the new IC's, how much of a difference would I see? I don't track or drag but I do WOT her to 120 here and there...

I don't need the ability to WOT over and over without heat soak, pulled timing issues etc...I WOT once in a while, not back to back.

Is it worth the effort and cost if I'm not tracking/ dragging? Will I feel much of a difference in the street on a WOT pull, and if so, where?
The biggest differences between GIAC Stage 2 and Stage 2+ with Champion intercoolers are:

1. Power is significantly greater at higher RPMs/higher speeds. At stage 2 the car would be pulling back power up top to keep IATs safe

2. No more heat soak

3. There is also more power from a dig -- my PIlot Super Sports could handle the power from GIAC Stage 2 from a dig but they spin a good deal on Stage 2+

Old 10-20-2015 | 06:02 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Im still trying to get the most out of stage 2 without the TC interference. I need to get back to the dragstrip but my life keeps interfering. This weekend it's the F1 race and next weekend I will be doing a COTA event on Sunday so maybe I will go Friday night before that for the test and tune and make it a car racing weekend. I am still waiting on delivery of my y-pipe and ICs.