More slips, great reaction times last night -- Car #30 is me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
You should be able to get 1.5's solid with the R888's and even lower. Look at the effect that would give you in the first half as well as the back half of a slick track. There is a 315 30 20 and you can drive it on the street as much as you want. A little noisy but the idea is you could drive to the track with it and run the Pirelli's in the front. Decent price as well on tire rack. 10.3 is like a brick wall with any car. Things need to really start getting technical to do better and stickier tires are a must. No matter how much power you have as we have seen. The best Numbers we have seen all sort of Rehan force this imaginary brick wall. Between 10.2 and 10.5 and the gap is usually directly related to the 60 foot and tires used. Those are in good conditions are good tracks.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:22 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Run your car in the UAE or Dubai and you'll shave a good half second off the times.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:28 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
You should be able to get 1.5's with the R888's. There is a 315 30 20 and you can drive it on the street as much as you want. A little noisy but the idea is you could drive to the track with it and run the Perelli's in the front. Decent price as well on tire rack. 10.3 is like a brick wall with any car. Things need to really start getting technical to do better and stickier tires are a must. No matter how much power you have as we have seen.
So will they fit on the stock rear turbo wheels? I guess I need to get a pair of those if I want to do this right. I would need to on and off them at the house before I left in that case. I saw the tires were like $315 each but the wheels are going to be pricey I bet.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
They will fit on your factory wheels. I think I've come up with a compromise/solution for your cats as well. One that won't ding you bad. Les back pressure + less heat + more grip = happy WRS!

Old 11-14-2015, 06:48 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
They will fit on your factory wheels. I think I've come up with a compromise/solution for your cats as well. One that won't ding you bad. Les back pressure + less heat + more grip = happy WRS!
Im sitting here if you want to call or PM.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
So will they fit on the stock rear turbo wheels? I guess I need to get a pair of those if I want to do this right. I would need to on and off them at the house before I left in that case. I saw the tires were like $315 each but the wheels are going to be pricey I bet.
You could always do something a little more specific like Longboarder did. I don't know if our cars would take 18s in the back though, and I dont know what tires are available with 19s.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eet-setup.html

Either way, it's hard for me to think about serious 60's with 20" rear wheels. a pair of 19's should be cheaper, too. Some day when I stop losing so much in the market I'll spend some $ on go fast and sound good parts. In the meantime I'll just critique others :P

Old 11-14-2015, 07:01 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wrs
They seemed fast to most of the other people out at the dragstrip and the announcer called my car stupid fast. I guess it's a matter of perspective but hey, when you can get a faster reaction than .0018s, make sure to post it OK? I am still running PZeros and they were at 30lbs, that's about the best it's going to get for me. What are you running now?
I'm not talking about the RT. Those are great.

I'm just comparing the times and speeds to your past slips as well as the slips of other Cobb Stage 2 or GIAC Stage 2.

1.5-1.6 seems to be the standard 60' time and 10.4- 10.6 at closer to 135.

You showed us slips on the FVD piggyback that were along those lines.

Am I missing something?

Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Visceral
You could always do something a little more specific like Longboarder did. I don't know if our cars would take 18s in the back though, and I dont know what tires are available with 19s.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eet-setup.html

Some day when I stop losing so much in the market I'll spend some $ on go fast and sound good parts.
LOL - dat's some funny **** there. Don't feel too bad; I trade F/X...and know what losses are.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:14 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by shifter_
I'm not talking about the RT. Those are great.

I'm just comparing the times and speeds to your past slips as well as the slips of other Cobb Stage 2 or GIAC Stage 2.

1.5-1.6 seems to be the standard 60' time and 10.4- 10.6 at closer to 135.

You showed us slips on the FVD piggyback that were along those lines.

Am I missing something?
No, the 134.97 is about the same as the best times with the FVD piggyback. I have never really gotten the 1.5-1.6 60fts. If you look at the FVD slips I was only getting 1.66 on my best one that night. Clearly the car does better on the dyno but not on the track which isn't so surprising as there clearly are issues with grip in the first 2 seconds of all these runs that I have monitored with the Cobb AP. I am still getting 29-30mph in the second 1/8th which is good. I am not sure that anyone else has posted a 135 with a 991 TTS from here in the US OCICBW.

Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 11-14-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:44 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
The trap speed is strong but the 60 foot times are not good. I was getting 1.5s at Atco with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports with consistent 10.3 ETs. DA was about 1500 feet. My best trap was only 132 mph.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo401.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	925.3 KB
ID:	432715   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo104.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	432716   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo7.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	432717   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo458.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	432718   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo305.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	432719  

Old 11-14-2015, 07:47 PM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
You should be able to get 1.5's with the R888's. There is a 315 30 20 and you can drive it on the street as much as you want. A little noisy but the idea is you could drive to the track with it and run the Perelli's in the front. Decent price as well on tire rack. 10.3 is like a brick wall with any car. Things need to really start getting technical to do better and stickier tires are a must. No matter how much power you have as we have seen.
How about drag radials on the rears? Any setup for our cars on those?

Old 11-14-2015, 07:50 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
There seems to be something off with wrs' car.

The dyno numbers were lower than expected and these times are not up to the stage 2/3 expectation.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
They have them in 19 inch. So if you find some good 19s that are central lock it's a great option with something else in the front

Old 11-15-2015, 04:08 AM
Karl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud ofKarl911 has much to be proud of
Tires make all the difference in hook up and 0 to 60 times.
I was running Dunlop race maxx rears, Msc2 fronts!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	012.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	432724  
Old 11-15-2015, 07:54 AM
wrs, is that the same track you ran with the FVD piggyback?

The vbox data with 131/132 trap seems much more likely with the 103/104mph 1/8 trap and those times.

Seems odd that the track would be considerably higher on every run unless there's something wrong with their trap system.

Which would make sense with the FVD showing 135+ trap as well.

I think with the right tires you'd be down in the 10.2/3 range like the other slips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More slips, great reaction times last night -- Car #30 is me