More slips, great reaction times last night -- Car #30 is me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 12:48 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
More slips, great reaction times last night -- Car #30 is me

Destroyed everyone I raced except the racing bike and he redlighted. The last race was against a Corvette which asked me to move up to race him. It was a c6 Z07 heavily modified, black and sounded mean but it wasn't up to beating me. He had a good reaction time and his 60ft was better. I ran this on the ByDesign/Cobb 93 map instead of the 100 map and finally remembered to turn off traction control.

Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 11-14-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:50 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Here was the fastest run

This was the fastest run the second. The first one I let off at the end and still beat the poor c5 vette that ran me but here is the second one with TC on and the ByDesign/Cobb Stage 3 100 octane map. That was a 1000cc drag bike on the other side.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fastestrun.png
Views:	70
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	432675   Click image for larger version

Name:	fastest1.png
Views:	65
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	432680  
Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 11-14-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:52 PM
wrs
This was my best reaction time, almost zero, just nailed it.

Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2015, 12:54 PM
wrs
Here was the next best reaction time.

Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2015, 02:00 PM
wrs
So without better tires I am not going to do better than 10.6

Looks pretty clear to me. I plot RPM vs Speed from the last run against the Corvette with TC off and the 93 map.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fastrun.png
Views:	63
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	432674   Click image for larger version

Name:	fastrun1.png
Views:	62
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	432681  
Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 11-14-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:55 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Wow those 60' times are terrible as are the 1/4 times and trap speeds.

That was going on?

Old 11-14-2015, 03:41 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by shifter_
Wow those 60' times are terrible as are the 1/4 times and trap speeds.

That was going on?
They seemed fast to most of the other people out at the dragstrip and the announcer called my car stupid fast. I guess it's a matter of perspective but hey, when you can get a faster reaction than .0018s, make sure to post it OK? I am still running PZeros and they were at 30lbs, that's about the best it's going to get for me. What are you running now?

Old 11-14-2015, 04:04 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I've never thought of a 10-second 1/4 mile time as terrible for a street car, but I do think there's some interesting opportunity in the 60-ft. Everything else looks great except that not seeing perfect RTs at .500 seems strange. I guess they changed that (probably awhile ago). It used to be that anything below .500 was a red light. I think that the RT timer started at the last yellow.

Your 60-s are very consistent 1.74-1.76 so it seems like perhaps you aren't spinning (which I would expect would be generating inconsistency). Are you using launch control?

Old 11-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice work William. You data monster! Some days at the track are just not meant for getting the best times comparatively. With the other guys making any comments about conditions? But yes the 60 foot is what's killing you. Clearly a traction issue. Not Bad considering. Especially because we know the 200cel catalytic converter's were holding your car back. I want you to call me next week. I have an idea for you

Old 11-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Sam, are there non-SES-light-setting cats that DON'T hold back a stage 2 or 3 car?

Old 11-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
The large HD 100s do the job in most cases. Sometimes we still need spacers just for the extra piece of mind. It's so strange because car to car and state to state it's different. Altitude and octane also affect things when you're on the edge like that. Call me anytime and I can go over all the pros and cons/options. We always figure it out

Old 11-14-2015, 05:33 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by Visceral
I've never thought of a 10-second 1/4 mile time as terrible for a street car, but I do think there's some interesting opportunity in the 60-ft. Everything else looks great except that not seeing perfect RTs at .500 seems strange. I guess they changed that (probably awhile ago). It used to be that anything below .500 was a red light. I think that the RT timer started at the last yellow.

Your 60-s are very consistent 1.74-1.76 so it seems like perhaps you aren't spinning (which I would expect would be generating inconsistency). Are you using launch control?
I think .500 is perfect if you are bracket racing, in heads up it's 0. I am using launch control and you can see that in the RPM vs. Speed charts I plotted since the car starts at 5000 rpm or so. I have figured out the best time in the second amber to release launch control. It takes about .7s for the car to move over the line after that. With pro tree if I can get .3s I am doing well since that one is much harder to judge because you only get amber seven seconds after the last stage light, then it's .4s to green so that is why I get .3s. I can't count that well after the stage light to be sure and not get a red light.

My best 60s are never much below 1.6 on the best day. PZeros just don't grip at the strip but they are OK at the track. I think I might have gotten a 1.59 once. It was in the 60s all night and humidity was 40% with a DA of 300-400. Good conditions for the engine but not that great for grip. The track was very slick outside the center of the lane on the back half of the track. My rear end was slipping on the last run and that can take a couple of tenths off when that happens but I stayed on it and beat that Vette. As always, there are faster pro cars but not many ten second street cars much less on street tires. Mostly the faster cars are sub ten second and the rest of the pack runs 11+. The supercharged CTSV runs tens with NOS but he is about the only other car that does. The rest of the sub 10s are not street cars.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Well, with different tires and a 1.6, that run against the superbike would have been more along the lines of a 10.4-10.5, I would guess.

Either way, that 134.9mph is spectacular and the car is clearly really really moving. I don't recall too many 991 TT's running faster.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:06 PM
wrs
Originally Posted by Visceral
Well, with different tires and a 1.6, that run against the superbike would have been more along the lines of a 10.4-10.5, I would guess.

Either way, that 134.9mph is spectacular and the car is clearly really really moving. I don't recall too many 991 TT's running faster.
Do you know anything about getting some rear wheels that I could put Toyo 888s on? I really don't relish the idea of doing that because it probably means trailering the car out instead of driving it and also means some kind of hydraulic jack and more space in the garage for that stuff. If I couldn't do 1.55 with Toyo's then I am in trouble but I think they would hook for me.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Former Vendor
You should be able to get 1.5's with the R888's. There is a 315 30 20 and you can drive it on the street as much as you want. A little noisy but the idea is you could drive to the track with it and run the Perelli's in the front. Decent price as well on tire rack. 10.3 is like a brick wall with any car. Things need to really start getting technical to do better and stickier tires are a must. No matter how much power you have as we have seen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More slips, great reaction times last night -- Car #30 is me