Post your best 991 Turbo performance numbers here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 03:25 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Haha I knew that was coming. OK I'll do it tomorrow
Thanks Chris!!!

Old 01-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
My Ninja!
Agreed

Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
My Ninja!
I get a feeling you use Voice-To-Text?

Old 01-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
lol I do and I always mess up too as many here know! I am king of edits! But this one was correct, inside joke!

Old 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Well here are my best three Vbox data 1/4 mile runs with ByDesign Stage 3. The first two are with the reduced boost LC and the third is from the original Stage 3 file. All are run on 93 pump gas. Then I have a slip from the drag strip where I had a nail in one of my rears that was run on the ByDesign stage 3 for 100 octane map using a mix of 104 and 93 for a resulting octane of about 98. All the Vbox runs are verified.

Attached Images     
Old 01-05-2016, 04:57 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Nice traps WRS, 135mph is the top traps on 991 stock turbos, right?... Oh and with the other car in the slip You have an idea of what you can achive with good tires

Last edited by webcarconnection; 01-05-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:00 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Nice traps WRS, 135mph with stg 3 is one of the top traps on 991 stock turbos, right?... Oh and with the other car in the slip You have an idea of what you can achive with good tires
Yes, the 135 is one of the fastest with stage 3 I have seen posted. The ones faster than that were with the better turbos. In the other lane that was a 1000cc racing bike with a wheelie bar.

I had a nail in the left inside sidewall at the time and didn't know it. I think that is why the 60' is so crappy. Clearly the car does better from the Vbox numbers as those were taken after replacing that left rear tire.

Last edited by wrs; 01-05-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I believe no other stock turbo with other tune achive that kind of traps, right?

Old 01-05-2016, 05:20 PM
wrs
Yeah, I believe no other stock turbo with other tune achive that kind of traps, right?
Not that I know of. I did get this with my FVD piggyback but the tires were fine. This was back in June, again it's using a 104 and 93 mix that was probably close to 100 octane. The FVD module detects the higher octane and switches maps automatically. Not sure how they do it but they probably monitor the knock sensors and correct for the preignition with the higher octane gas in there.

You can see the 60ft on this one was 1.66 vs 1.74 on the Cobb tune with the nail in the tire. Assuming I got a 1.65 on the Cobb tune with a good tire, that run could have been a 10.54 @ 135.5 but I will find out soon enough. There is a Test and Tune Jan 15 and 16 at SAR and I hope to get to the one on the 16th. My wife and I are in a tennis tournament that weekend and we will probably get bumped on Saturday.

Attached Images  

Last edited by wrs; 01-05-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:27 PM
I see

For me is all in the traps, is where you see if the car have power, no matter if the other car just hook better than you in the strip, on a 1/2 mile race or street race will be another story

Last edited by webcarconnection; 01-05-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:12 AM
vincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud of
I did 60-100mph on a stock car was 3.8 sec.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:48 AM
wrs
Originally Posted by vincent.j.nathan
My 60-100 on that dragslip I posted from the vbox data I took was 3.397s, 0-60 was 2.70s, 60-130 was 7.47s. You can imagine how you car is going to feel after you get done with that impressive list of mods. Course the problem is finding a place to take some data.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by vincent.j.nathan
Try to masure 60-130

Old 01-07-2016, 03:57 AM
vincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud ofvincent.j.nathan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wrs
My 60-100 on that dragslip I posted from the vbox data I took was 3.397s, 0-60 was 2.70s, 60-130 was 7.47s. You can imagine how you car is going to feel after you get done with that impressive list of mods. Course the problem is finding a place to take some data.
Haha thanks. Thats true I am excited.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:58 AM
Try to masure 60-130
I will find a road first

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your best 991 Turbo performance numbers here