Post your best 991 Turbo performance numbers here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
vBox 60-130's need to be verified to be legit. I just ran a 5.9 in my M3 the other day at -6% slope. So it doesn't count.

1/4 mile time slips are assumed legit.
Not anymore. We need some new rules on that and Vbox ain't it. The Vbox data won't always match no matter how much you claim it will.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:30 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wrs
Not anymore. We need some new rules on that and Vbox ain't it. The Vbox data won't always match no matter how much you claim it will.
William, given the recent events I can understand how one would be more skeptical these days. I know we have had many debates about the vbox and I recall your issues with some of its abilities particularly with
sample rate and the vboxverify software platform. But many have had success in tying out at their local drag strips and most recently at airstrip 1/2 mile events as some now employ engineers to set up traps there.

But lets not lose site of the fact that the vbox is doing the same thing in my car as it is in your car and any other car so the best attribute of it as a tool to measure ones performance before and after modification - like a dyno - to provide some data on whether improvements are gained on a road/track and not just on a dyno. Plus the fact that pertinent slope data and elevation (plus GPS/location and date/time are also saved within the dbn file).

So lets be happy we have such a tool and that Robert has spent so much of his free time writing vboxverify with absolutely zero personal gain for all of us to use. We know it's not perfect. And as was discussed in length on my 60-130 thread when I just had the GIAC tune only and did the 6.6 run, there are some variables under our control (I.e. Location , slope density altitude, gas/octane) that can have a significant impact on the results.

One last thing. We now know that both vbox and 1/4 mile time slips can be faked. Carlos did it and Madsex seemed to figure out how to it on the vbox. So we now must maintain a healthy level of skepticism with the risk of being attacked like Scott was by Carlos. Reputation and transparency are everything. And if someone seems to be hiding something let's call them out.

Last edited by longboarder; 11-17-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:33 AM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
William, given the recent events I can understand how one would be more skeptical these days. I know we have had many debates about the vbox and I recall your issues with some of its abilities particularly with
sample rate and the vboxverify software platform. But many have had success in tying out at their local drag strips and most recently at airstrip 1/2 mile events as some now employ engineers to set up traps there.

But lets not lose site of the fact that the vbox is doing the same thing in my car as it is in your car and any other car so the best attribute of it as a tool to measure ones performance before and after modification - like a dyno - to provide some data on whether improvements are gained on a road/track and not just on a dyno. Plus the fact that pertinent slope data and elevation (plus GPS/location and date/time are also saved within the dbn file).

So lets be happy we have such a tool and that Robert has spent so much of his free time writing vboxverify with absolutely zero personal gain for all of us to use. We know it's not perfect. And as was discussed in length on my 60-130 thread when I just had the GIAC tune only and did the 6.6 run, there are some variables under our control (I.e. Location , slope density altitude, gas/octane) that can have a significant impact on the results.
Thanks, Adam, that's a great response. I would say though that it's not for sure doing the same thing if we are in different locations. In addition, I have the 10hz box and others use the 20hz version so there are some differences there too. I wish all this had not happened but I think there was some kind of double standard that applied here and I don't get what it was. Robert got my kudos for his efforts and I wouldn't be able to test at my county road and get as much out of it if not for his tools.