Full Titanium Agency Power 991tt Muffler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Full Titanium Agency Power 991tt Muffler

Since our beginnings in the Porsche tuning market, we have always striven to create the finest products at a fair price while proving them with our own project vehicles. The Porsche 991 Turbo tuning components are being designed and tested here with our own vehicle. Creating a OEM replacement exhaust may seem easy, but there are key elements to take into consideration as well. There is a fine balance between performance and sound. With the engineering Porsche has done in the new 991 including the economy mode, drone will be even more present than before. If you are not in Sport Mode, the car can be running at 1500rpm as your cruising at 40mph down the road. Previous 997 Turbo had a drone spot of around 2200-2800rpm. So reducing back-pressure to gain performance while keeping a clean sound for daily driving is priority one!

Typically a X-Pipe design gives the car a bit of a muffled tone. That is because of the turbulence where the X junction is merged. Many people like this sound, however the turbulence can affect performance. We chose to do our system in full 3 inch Titanium with dual resonators. From the catalytic converter, the exhaust gas goes through 1 resonator, U turns through another resonator, and then out the exhaust tip. This gives each turbo its own full 3″ outlet. With the U-turn and 2 resonators, this should create a clean sound. Utilizing this with the stock catalytic converters will give some increases over stock while keeping you emission clean and CEL free. The exhaust is designed to work with the OEM or with AP's 3.5" carbon fiber tips.

As tested on our Mustang AWD Dyno, we compared the 991 Turbo with the new Agency Power muffler to the stock muffler system. The muffler freed up exhaust flow quite a bit gaining almost 40 ft/lbs of torque at 4100rpm. This is the peak torque and where the turbochargers come on full blast. Horsepower peak gain was approximately 20 awhp at 5000rpm. The new Agency Power mufflers weigh in at just 8.05lbs where the stock is 24.5lbs, saving you up to about 16.45lbs off the rear end. Providing even faster turbo spool up and larger top end gains is possible with the combination of our Agency Power headers and cat delete pipes.

We just installed this on a local 991tt owner(who also got our Y-pipe and intake)

Old 02-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Offering discounted pricing for all 991tt AP parts, PM for deals!

Old 02-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
Last day of the month!! PM for a steal of a deal!!

Old 03-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Former Vendor
PM for 6speed member pricing!

Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
I'm really confused as to why people would remove the stock cold-air intake to replace it with a pair of air filters that source air from around the engine.

Looks? Sound?

It could well have been what the car owner wanted to do... it's all good. But I don't know if it's a credit to Vivid to be advertising an exhaust with a hot-air intake right above it.

Just my single opinion.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
Here is a video of that intake in action

Old 03-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !Visceral Is a GOD !
By that logic I should also run nitrous on my daily driver 991 TTS.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
?? I just posted a video showing someone running the intakes on their setup

Old 03-11-2016, 12:55 PM
me: I don't understand the logic of using that intake.
you: here's a guy going fast while using it.
(video shows a guy going fast with the intake and nitrous)
me: so I should use nitrous too?
you: ??

Old 03-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
Was just showing a real world example of someone using the intake on a car that is obviously more powerful than stock without any issues. Nitrous is completely different conversation than just an intake

Old 03-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Was just showing a real world example of someone using the intake on a car that is obviously more powerful than stock without any issues. Nitrous is completely different conversation than just an intake
You REALLY don't want to imply that that car has not had any issues.

You aren't picking up what I'm putting down. But if you guys want to post in the technical forum instead of the vendor forum, you better be ready for a technical discussion of anything you post.

Let's see if I can be more clear.

In the pictures posted, someone had removed the factory cold-air intake and replaced it with a hot-air intake that sources air from inside the engine bay. This often results in a car seeing substantially higher IATs on the street and at a drag strip.

Jeff (918 Spyder), the owner of the car in the video you posted, uses nitrous to drastically reduce the IATs in the car *while at the strip*. It might make sense for Jeff to run a pair of cone filters in the engine bay if he has N2O to cool things down. Jeff is in a financial position to push the ragged edge of possibility and strength in his 991 TTS. I hope that you are not assuming the rest of us are in that same position, so "Jeff does it, so we recommend it." might not be a good approach for Vivid.

As far as I know, none of the rest of us are using nitrous, and I'm assuming the cars in your advert aren't using nitrous either.

Why do you recommend that intake strategy for non-nitrous cars?

Old 03-11-2016, 09:07 PM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed. Looks great but doesn't make sense to do...and I'm no engineer.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:25 AM
verinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant futureverinnal has a brilliant future
I'm curious about this myself as I've seen others use this design as well. Enclosed intakes seem like they would keep iats lower but if this works, I'm interested in hearing how it accomplishes a similar effect. Lots of surface area on those filters which I'm sure is helpful just concerned about being surrounded by things that generate a lot of heat.