Exotic track day in Vegas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2016 | 08:38 PM
|
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Exotic track day in Vegas

Lat weekend I had the opertunity to track a few cars. Audi R8 , 458, 650"S , GT3 and Hurican.

Hands down the two best track cars were the GT3 and the winner was the Hurican. I'll take my 991 Turbo over these cars all day long at the track. If any of you are thinking about picking up a GT3 and you enjoy your torque then this is the wrong car for you, great handling car and feel but it needs another 150hp when you come out of a corner there's no thrust. Ive never driven a Cayman around a track but I imagine it would feel like this.

Anybody else driven these cars? What's your feed back

Last edited by Markblackwell; 03-17-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2016 | 09:08 PM
wch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the roughwch bos is a jewel in the rough
I did the other driving experience in Vegas last year and really liked the 458, GT3 and surprisingly the new Corvette. The R8 was also a great car - they had the original one not the new one. The Huracan was OK. They didn't have a Mac when I went.

In talking to the instructors, they said that they like the Ferraris, Porsches and Corvette in part because these cars can take the abuse. They said that the Lambos and Macs are always being sent back to the shop for maintenance.

Old 03-17-2016 | 09:56 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Yeap went a couple of times, cars test it:

Aventador
Huracan
McLaren MP12
AMG GT-S
Gallardo

Best of all was the Huracan, it was sooo smooth and felt like it was made for that... In second place and very close was the Italia 458

Old 03-17-2016 | 11:05 PM
|
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Yeap went a couple of times, cars test it:

Aventador
Huracan
McLaren MP12
AMG GT-S
Gallardo

Best of all was the Huracan, it was sooo smooth and felt like it was made for that... In second place and very close was the Italia 458
I liked the Hurican as well and my number 2 was GT3

Old 03-19-2016 | 07:16 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Mark that looks really cool man. Did you get any videos by chance?

Old 03-19-2016 | 08:07 AM
sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !sdg1871 Is a GOD !
Of the Huracan, 458, 991 Turbo and GTR all stock my fav was the 458 -- best sound and feel to me.

Old 03-19-2016 | 08:09 AM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
Mark, That looks like fun. I just built an Audi R8 plus and am a little worried as I am a Porsche guy all the way. The V 10 is the same as the huracan and I hope I will enjoy it. I had the 991 GT 3 out yesterday and love it. However, I will keep an open mind on the Audi and hope I like it.

Jeff

Old 03-19-2016 | 12:34 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder
Mark, That looks like fun. I just built an Audi R8 plus and am a little worried as I am a Porsche guy all the way. The V 10 is the same as the huracan and I hope I will enjoy it. I had the 991 GT 3 out yesterday and love it. However, I will keep an open mind on the Audi and hope I like it.

Jeff
Hey Jeff

Been thinking of buying the new R8 Plus or the GT3 RS... What are your thought about those two?

Old 03-19-2016 | 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
These threads can become so informative with great sharing!

Old 03-19-2016 | 03:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Mark that looks really cool man. Did you get any videos by chance?
Chris I do I'll get them posted on Monday, it was a really fun day.

Old 03-19-2016 | 03:06 PM
|
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder

Jeff
Jeff what I didn't like about the R8 was the single clutch trans in manual mode there was a really long delay between when I shifted and when it actually engaged. This was not the new model it was a 2015. I did like the GT3 but compared to what I normally drive it feels way down on power.

Old 03-19-2016 | 03:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
These threads can become so informative with great sharing!
Totally agree Sam. I would also encourage any one buying these types of cars to rent them at a track because they all feel so different, and unless you can drive them hard how can you make a decision on there performance and feel.

Old 03-19-2016 | 06:28 PM
918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute918 Spyder has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, webcarconection, call me at 256 508-4014. I don't know anything about the R8 plus except what I've read. I absolutely LOVE the RS as it is an amazing track weapon. When you launch it at 6500 RPM's it's a blast as is the GT3. Being much lighter, it is so nimble and with the 918 sized tires, you have rubber for days!

Old 03-19-2016 | 06:31 PM
Oh I thought the R8 plus that your building was a new plattaform hehehe

Thanks for the input about the RS

Old 03-19-2016 | 06:32 PM
Mark, The trans was a big let down on the R8 but this model has a duel clutch that I haven't looked into yet. I hear it's amazing but don't really know how it stacks up against the PDK. I think road and track tested it at 0-60 in 2.6 and the quarter in 10.6 @ 129.xx. Not bad....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exotic track day in Vegas