What a week. 991.2 turbo S thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
What a week. 991.2 turbo S thoughts

So this week i drove 2 cali T's, 2 458 spiders, a mc12, 650S, and 2 huracans - all slightly used-decided as a daily driver-to me that means out to dinner, quick runs to miami, lauderdale, and delray and local errands...i am what i am a P car driver. I was enamored with the horse, and the amazing power of the McLaren. i was also enamored by the punchy shifts of the huracan and all the theatrics of the above cars.

I can't get past that *** of the Huracan- to short and uninspiring of an *** and felt cut off on top. Spyder is crazy $ and seating ended up being not comfortable enough for me.

I ended up passing a P dealer in PB and drove a 17 991.2 turbo s .... PDK seems MUCH tighter, shorter PDK throw on paddles, the styling has grown on me HUGE, the car feels like it has a giac stage 1 tune out of box...

i wanted real world opinions if I'm just noticing a a NEW car from a car with 12K miles or if the .2 IS that much crisper.

thoughts

Last edited by Jeff Kay; 06-10-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:31 PM
wrs
wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !wrs Is a GOD !
What did you think of the Cali and did the Ferarri guy want to deal? I have a car that I like and the sales guy is talking deal but I am waiting on a trade number. In the meantime I haven't driven a T, just the 30. What did you think of it?

Old 06-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wrs
What did you think of the Cali and did the Ferarri guy want to deal? I have a car that I like and the sales guy is talking deal but I am waiting on a trade number. In the meantime I haven't driven a T, just the 30. What did you think of it?
After driving the 991. TTS
It made me forget as my only car other than our family car
Does everything right
Love the lane change alert
New screen
Steering wheel -size/function
Drive
Pdk..

Old 06-10-2016, 10:02 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I think you already know the answer to your questions: 991.2

Old 06-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay

So this week i drove 2 cali T's, 2 458 spiders, a mc12, 650S, and 2 huracans - all slightly used-decided as a daily driver-to me that means out to dinner, quick runs to miami, lauderdale, and delray and local errands...i am what i am a P car driver. I was enamored with the horse, and the amazing power of the McLaren. i was also enamored by the punchy shifts of the huracan and all the theatrics of the above cars.

I can't get past that *** of the Huracan- to short and uninspiring of an *** and felt cut off on top. Spyder is crazy $ and seating ended up being not comfortable enough for me.

I ended up passing a P dealer in PB and drove a 17 991.2 turbo s .... PDK seems MUCH tighter, shorter PDK throw on paddles, the styling has grown on me HUGE, the car feels like it has a giac stage 1 tune out of box...

i wanted real world opinions if I'm just noticing a a NEW car from a car with 12K miles or if the .2 IS that much crisper.

thoughts

I have a 2016 TS with under a thousand miles on it. 2 months old. I drove a 2017 TS recently. Your impression mirrors mine.

Long story but I'm picking up my 2017 TS next week.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:02 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
OK - for what it is worth, and I know what board this is - if you truly mean daily driver, as in rain or shine, for every occasion, then go with the 991.2. It will never be as exciting or special as some of the other cars that you tested, but it is the only one that can easily be a daily driver.

As most of you know - I had a 991.1 Turbo with a Europipe exhaust. Great car. Really super. But it stopped being special as I drove it. Engineers did such a great job making it so useable that it stopped being fun to drive. Puttering around in traffic during my ordinary commute, the car could have been just like most luxury cars. And so I got rid of it. Nothing wrong with the car at all. It just didn't give me the sense of special when I drove it. But that's what would make it the better daily driver.

So now I drive a Cayenne Turbo S and a
McLaren 650S spider. I could drive the 650 every day, but I don't want to. It is a sunshine only car for me now. And that's just perfect for me. Could I drive it every day? Sure. But I've already had a couple of sideways moments with it in the dry because the power is just enormous. Much easier to apply throttle in the rain in a 991.2 TTS.

Whatever you select - enjoy it!!!

Old 06-13-2016, 06:13 AM
appreciate the input!!! I understand where u r coming from. My experience regarding the .1 you had is EXACTLY what i was feeling. After driving all the others i was the closest to buying a 15 650S i couldn't get past getting in and out of the car but more importantly i couldn't wrap my brain around they are relatively a kit car at this point compared to Porsche in that i mean not a proven car for 4 5 years and how the materials will last, how the suspension WILL hold up and not creek, rub, scrape, not sure how finicky a car the McLaren would be. The car was a hoot to drive and the radio well...my emerson transistor radio back in 1983 had more fidelity. The McLaren did a few things much more exciting than the turbo s and a few things with more excitement. that rear aero brake wing!!! damn!!! however after a month of owning it and NOT having a M5 or cayenne etc..

the P car is just superman. It doesnt use a shield. it doesnt have an iron suit doesnt strap on a spider web mechanism, but i find it to be what it is. a queen of all trades--if u think about it superman is more of a super queen all emotional, swoops in and with hands on hips asks, "whats going on here" where as i would probably pick a spot a few miles away use my vision and evaluate the situation and use my EYES that God gave me and have at it or swoop in at faster than the eye speeds and all that to avoid the 1 thing kryptonite that could harm me...yes Superman is civilized to an extent and thats the porsche the best, the tank, thoughtful and lives in this world and all its elements.

and i am smitten by the advancements in PDK, engine management, styling, tech inside the car, Lane change assist how it should be done +1 PORSCHE, as always all it took was me spending 10 minutes behind the wheel of the 991.2 to make me forget the huracan, 650S, and 458 italia- FOR ME.

Its in my DNA i guess. It all makes sense anyway i looked at it
cheers

Last edited by Jeff Kay; 06-13-2016 at 06:16 AM.