ByDesign/COBB Stage 1 (10.30's) is done! STAGE 2 next; shooting for 10.10's w/PZeros

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:56 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Don't take your good cooler with you - go to a Dollar Store or anywhere who sell those cheap foam coolers and use that. And if someone takes it, then so be it. Or, you can stop at a gas station close to the track and buy ice bag(s) there. You can also buy ice at the track; some tracks have bags for sale, albeit a little more expensive.

Yes, I sometimes go to Ennis during Fast Friday's T-n-T nights. However, good track prep is hit or miss though.

Foot Brake works - I used to do so all the time with my 997.2. However, it took away from the car's ability to really launch and leave as hard without upshifting too soon. That is why I do not want to go too bananas with this car - sometimes less is more. Going 175mph plus in a 1/2 is cool as heck, but it means squat if you can't launch next to a car that can cut some deep 1.50's or better 60'. Those guys with all those heavy mods play catch up to others who can get out of the hole...ask me how I know.

Hit me up if you ever come up to the DFW area...I'll help you track dial your car at the track.

Thanks,
E-Gear
What happens when a 175mph + car in the half can cut a 1.50? In a full 1/4 mile?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:01 AM
E-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond reputeE-Gear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
What happens when a 175mph + car in the half can cut a 1.50? In a full 1/4 mile?
I have not seen or heard of any of those HiPo cars cutting 1.50's or better on stock (factory delivered) tires. Most of them need DR's or Toyos or tires of that nature to hook decently.

But if they can hook and the trans does not upshift too soon, then game is over...they are gone! That's what happens...

Remember, I am trying to look and run as hard as factory possible. Feel me?

Thanks,
E-Gear

Old 06-18-2016, 08:04 PM
allans is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 918 Spyder
That's some great times for just a tune. Congratulations!!!! Where are you located? Summer is here and it will suck some time away from you and your quest.
My turbo S is still in Atlanta waiting for Rob to tune the car with the IC's and big turbo's. We will also tune with the 200 shot...hope to get this done during the first week of July. I'll still take it to the track and will deal with the heat to see what happens.

Jeff
May I ask who "Rob" is in Atlanta?

Old 06-19-2016, 11:00 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
RobTuned on the board

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.