Tuned 991 Turbo S holds its own vs 850 WHP Hellcat on slicks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:38 PM
MrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to beholdMrJoshua is a splendid one to behold
Tuned 991 Turbo S holds its own vs 850 WHP Hellcat on slicks

Old 12-18-2016, 02:10 AM
Turbo8765 is infamous around these parts
Turbo lost at the line..... red lighted.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:16 AM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
How so ?..

I'd like a go at that kitty..

Old 12-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Sportsman tree therefore perfect RT = 0.500.

Turbo left about 2 tenths early.

HC had an ok RT at 0.56 but not great.

Just glanced at slip in vid, please correct me if my numbers are off.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !Nanook Is a GOD !
Dunno about that...I was going by the green light on tree ??

Old 12-18-2016, 06:33 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbo8765
Sportsman tree therefore perfect RT = 0.500.

Turbo left about 2 tenths early.

HC had an ok RT at 0.56 but not great.

Just glanced at slip in vid, please correct me if my numbers are off.

He didn't redlight. 000 is a perfect light. He went 2 tenths after the light turned green and the Dodge went 5 tenths. That's why he barely beat him at the end despite running half a half second quicker et.

I believe you are thinking of a .500 pro tree. Different.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:08 AM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Trap speed tells the story - Hellcat would walk it from a roll

Old 12-19-2016, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Stage7
He didn't redlight. 000 is a perfect light. He went 2 tenths after the light turned green and the Dodge went 5 tenths. That's why he barely beat him at the end despite running half a half second quicker et.

I believe you are thinking of a .500 pro tree. Different.
From NHRA.com...

Old 12-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbo8765
From NHRA.com...

He didn't redlight. I was just at the track and the best lights were the ones closest to 000 per the timeslips and all slips under .500 were not redlights. Also unless the lights are broken, you would have seen the redlight lit in his lane. It's on both sides. The Dodge was completely asleep at the line.

What you posted is a version of lighting at some events/tracks. There is also a tree where .400 is a perfect light. The Porsche in the video did not redlight. There are multiple tree timing schemes.

Last edited by Stage7; 12-19-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
He didn't redlight. I was just at the track and the best lights were the ones closest to 000 per the timeslips and all slips under .500 were not redlights. Also unless the lights are broken, you would have seen the redlight lit in his lane. It's on both sides. The Dodge was completely asleep at the line.

What you posted is a version of lighting at some events/tracks. There is also a tree where .400 is a perfect light. The Porsche in the video did not redlight. There are multiple tree timing schemes.
hello cats are the most in efficient cars I think ever made,
That Porsche is prabably putting down 530whp at best

Old 12-19-2016, 04:57 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
Trap speed tells the story - Hellcat would walk it from a roll

EXACTLY!

The 991 held it's own in this head up race to a line based on human error, BUT the Hell Cat beat it by 0.4 tenths = 2.5-4 cars in the quarter if both left the same time.

Furthermore from a roll /street run, that 6mph is big when talking cars in the 130 range & that HellCat would be 4-5 cars out!!

I do agree that the Hellcat is one of the most inefficient cars of the modern world though, but what do we expect for a modern "muscle car" =Very heavy, shaped like a brick, built around a honking motor!! I still think 4450lbs is just ridiculous, actually these M5's, E63, Audi's for all that $$ are even more so inexcusable with their weights! At least the Challenger has the excuse of not spending $$ on exotic materials because it is 1/2 price from the Germans!

I am just scared if they find a light weight sports car to put that power plant into ....then most on the street are in BIG trouble!! I have seen these big boyz Hellcats trap over 138+ with just bolt on's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that power plant in a 3500lbs car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.