A few issues with my '16 TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 12:11 PM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
A few issues with my '16 TTS

Hi all! Happy Holidays!

brought my car back to shop again today and am told most of this stuff is normal. Having had multiple porsche's with PDK, I beg to differ. Wanted to get your perspectives.

1. PDK- in auto mode, when tranny shifts from 5-6, there is a grinding that sounds like a metallic shield is vibrating. Have same thing but to lesser extent on 7-6 and 4-5 but mch Rarer. Linkage is also acting up and sounding sloppy at low speeds. I do drive it like a grandpa and maybe that's an issue butnlow speed linkage sounds are all over the place.
2. 3 times now but can't reproduce on my own, when parking and shifting to Park (engine still on), there is what sounds like a rogue solenoid or bad bearing somewhere. Truly sounds like whatever it is is in drugs and out of control. The sound is similar to what a bad bearing in an AC compressor sight sound like but sounds from about center of dash. Maybe just in front of windshield. It's like a whacky ticking but louder and lasts about 3-5 seconds and stops. First time it did it, it did it a few times in a row while still parked. Second time was a week later and last time was this morning. Tech can't fix it without hearing it reproducing. Thought someone else may have had this issue. Actually, the clicking sound the brake pedal makes when depressing and yo hear it in the shifter. That 1 time sound, picture it going berserk repeatedly on its own for a few seconds. Foot on or off of brake by the way.
3, sunroof making now a knocking type sound. As if someone is talking it. It's been adjusted and fixed a few times but noises keep coming back.

Although im super picky, these are real issues and hope to get them resolved. Car is amazing although thinking of trading for a '17 or another Panamera (17 and for passenger space).

Old 12-28-2016, 09:57 AM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Never heard these sounds

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.