Official 2012 Porsche 991 911. Spy Shots, Renderings, Details, etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:02 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
* Tail Lights (They just sit too high though)
* Sleeker Side Profile
* Shorter Front Overhangs
* Less Weight, More Power (sounds like a beer commercial)

Dislikes:
* Tall Rear Bumper
* Fugly DRL/Fog Light design (VERY FUGLY IMO)
* Alphabet Soup on Rear End (easily fixed though)
* Panamera Interior - This is supposed to be a SPORTS CAR, not LUXURY GT
* Bug Eyes up front
* No more Pop-Up Rear Decklid. To me, this was a 911 tradition
* No more access to engine whatsoever
* Rear End makes the exhaust tips look itsy-bitsy (probably also easily remedied)
* Awaiting 4S to see if a WB version will add to the 'curviness' of the 911, but this seems to hide it's rear shape as opposed to accentuate it.

Now, I'm VERY BIASED given that I just got my GTS a few months ago, but I'm also glad I did. I think they only thing I prefer about this design is the greater slope/curvature of the windscreen and reduced front overhang. Every other 'update' to the car doesn't do anything for me.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:05 PM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
* Sleeker Side Profile

Dislikes:
* Tall Rear Bumper
* Bug Eyes up front
* Rear End makes the exhaust tips look itsy-bitsy (probably also easily remedied)
* Awaiting 4S to see if a WB version will add to the 'curviness' of the 911, but this seems to hide it's rear shape as opposed to accentuate it.

Now, I'm VERY BIASED given that I just got my GTS a few months ago, but I'm also glad I did. I think they only thing I prefer about this design is the greater slope/curvature of the windscreen and reduced front overhang. Every other 'update' to the car doesn't do anything for me.

I totally agree with you. But let's see when it comes out, might look better in person.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:23 AM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
I'd like to see it with a GT3 style rear spoiler. But then again, I think I'm in the minority that believes that all 911's look odd without a rear spoiler.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by superbike81
I'd like to see it with a GT3 style rear spoiler. But then again, I think I'm in the minority that believes that all 911's look odd without a rear spoiler.
You are not alone.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:53 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by superbike81
Funny,

I'm one of those that believes a 911 only looks true to it's nature w/out a large rear spoiler. In fact, it's kept me from seriously considering a TT or GT3. I prefer the 'barebones' NA car with greater-than-most performance. The updated 'luxe' interior of the 991 is another thing that turns me off about the character of this new model.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:51 AM
paddyh is infamous around these parts
Old 08-18-2011, 01:01 PM
westloop is infamous around these parts
The new interior is going to look very out of place on the GT3. Its too nice for a GT3.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by westloop
The new interior is going to look very out of place on the GT3. Its too nice for a GT3.
I don't think that would be a problem. I think it'd look great just like other track-oriented car interiors (Scuderia, Superleggera, etc).
It'd look something like this except with Alcantara.
(TechArt Panamera Interior)

Old 08-18-2011, 09:58 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
The black looks fantastic--I know with each new generation you get some people initially apprehensive about it, but to me this is a winner.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
I think its a nice looking car but...its starting to take on the look of a Aston/Jag/Panamera grand tourer look with that increased luxury feel of a Jag and Aston. I'm sure the car will be beautiful in person though. Its losing its raw 911 roots to me. Beautiful but has stepped away away from what the 911 originally was.

If I ever get rid of my GTS (which I love) I would put the new 991 in the same category as the Jag and Aston for my search for a new car. Its in that class now as far as I'm concerned. You can definitely see the increased length and lower roof line ala' Jag and Aston. Even Ferrarish.

The 997 to me seems to be the last of the traditional looking 911s with the squat, chunky, short nose bug eye aggressive look. I would never think a car that is described as squat, chunky, short nosed, bug eyed and aggressive would be a world beater in looks but the 911s from the 60's up to the present 997s pulled it off.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:17 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
* Sleeker Side Profile

Dislikes:
* Tall Rear Bumper
* Bug Eyes up front

Well put....
i cant believe they got real lazy and didn't even change up the front headlight, at least do what Lambo did with the gallardo and add that little Tron look, for the new 2010 plus models.... these light look the same off the 997.....smh

Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
this video is pretty interesting...looks good imho...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_iYG...&feature=feedu

Old 08-21-2011, 11:37 AM
CARTOON is infamous around these parts
Speed Yellow with Concave wheels and a few other small touches.

Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That speed yellow one is probably my favorite 991 picture so far.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM
CARTOON is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
That speed yellow one is probably my favorite 991 picture so far.

Thanks. I was very hesitant about the new 991, but it is growing on me. The only thing Im not too keen on at the moment is the front "fog lights". I didnt care for the interior, but Im starting to really like it. I wish there was a pic of the 7-speed manual tranny. I thought Porsche was doing away with manual transmissions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 2012 Porsche 991 911. Spy Shots, Renderings, Details, etc.