Official 2012 Porsche 991 911. Spy Shots, Renderings, Details, etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:16 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jumpinjohn
Back to topic, does anyone have an idea of when the 991 will debut officially?

-J

Not soon enough!

Latest word is still that 991 will debut at the Frankfurt auto show this September, with orders being accepted soon after in the U.S. for 2012 delivery. FYI the production version of the new M5 is also debuting at Frankfurt.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Frankfurt is going to be a huge key show this year.. so many new and exciting models coming out - the next wave. I am trying to go for a few days.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 AM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Not soon enough!

Latest word is still that 991 will debut at the Frankfurt auto show this September, with orders being accepted soon after in the U.S. for 2012 delivery. FYI the production version of the new M5 is also debuting at Frankfurt.
bleh. i still have that nasty after taste when ///m decided to go turbo on the m3 and m5, which is why im looking for a 991.

anyways, i just looked at the car configurator on porsche.com for the states, and PRG is no longer a standard metallic color. NOOOOOOOO!!!! im so disappointed . i really wanted porsche racing green on the 991, but now i would have to pay over 3k for a color that was a standard color 2 yrs ago.

anyone who is a vet, what does this mean for the future of green colors on the 991? has porsche historically taken out a green and replaced it with another standard metallic green on new launches? or is it likely that PRG will remain a special color on the new 991? or is it likely that PGR will be dropped and there will be no green colors offered?

(i hope they dont do peridot. that color just isnt for me.)

Old 04-17-2011, 12:06 PM
TheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura aboutTheRox has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by simsgw
Actually, I think I just mentioned how attractive I find the current design. Yes, it's a looker. If you want visual excitement to find beauty, you just expressing a preference for high school cheerleaders over beautiful women. You're entitled to a sincere opinion of course, but since you combine this with the silly idea of buying a Porsche to have a bargain, I'd say you're just exercising a trollish impulse.

Which is boring.

G
Clearly when you've spent money on something you'll say anything to justify it, which is understandble. It is subjective in the end. Good luck with that.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:23 PM
signature65 is infamous around these parts
Hey ROX your comments are unnecessary and completly insulting to simsgw and most of us out there who find the 911 beautiful.

I can remember the day I was looking for a new car to restore and as I browsed classic car trader the iconic shape of the 911 drew me in. its lines are unmatched. I have two 911's today and they take my breath away everytime I see them.

Please this is not a pissing match but your jutification comment needs to be deleted and you should take into account the forum you are in.

Dont spam here

Old 04-17-2011, 04:31 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheRox
Clearly when you've spent money on something you'll say anything to justify it, which is understandble. It is subjective in the end. Good luck with that.
Yeah, it really caused scrapes and bruises when they lassoed me and drug me down the street from the Aston dealership, tied me up and fed me sauerkraut until I signed the check for a C2S.

We need some sort of [yawn] symbol. You aren't even a creative troll. I really have to agree with Signature65. Find a venue where you can discuss the things you do like, whatever those might be. The role of curmudgeon only provides entertainment on political discussion lists where people expect to be treated like nasty leftovers of the age of Homo Erectus. We come to car sites to enjoy talking about the cars we love and we try to show respect for each other's choices.

If you're not intentionally a troll, if you really do own a Porsche and find yourself thinking this way, my respectful suggestion is that you sell it and buy something you won't regret. They probably still have that Aston available that I was considering.

Really. Go away. Buy something pretty.

Respectfully, Gary

Old 04-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Sev
Sev is infamous around these partsSev is infamous around these parts
Any updates one this? does anyone know when the 991 will be available in North America?

I presume that it will be the carrera coupe first and later the C4S and cabs etc ???

thanks

Old 05-04-2011, 06:17 AM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
Do you guys like that engine sound? Not sure what to make of it...somewhat disappointing to be honest. But I have no idea what model that specific test car is representing either...

Old 05-04-2011, 06:48 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
i cant wait for the official 991 to come out, Im tired of seeing the spy version. ( nothing against the people trying to help us get a clear view of what look to expect, thank you guys/gals)

Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by silver329
Do you guys like that engine sound? Not sure what to make of it...somewhat disappointing to be honest. But I have no idea what model that specific test car is representing either...
I think it sounds like the 997 exhaust, but truthfully, I've had mine modded for long enough that I don't remember too well the OEM sound.

Anyway, I take it as a given that no matter how good the rest of the 991 is, it will need at the least a PSE to sound right, and maybe more.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
spoiler on the cab looks bigger than the coupe

Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 PM
AS2003 is infamous around these parts
Check out the size of the sunroof...

It's somewhere between the Targa and the large sunroof on the 944/968.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Another render or the real deal?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM
flatcrank is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John McLane
Another render or the real deal?
Is that a 911 or The Loch Ness monster ... are cell phone photos really that fuzzy and grainy?

The other shop'd pics all seem to have about the same tail end "treatment" -- fold out wing, full roof sunroof, etc.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:17 AM
ifj
ifj is infamous around these parts
991 looks amazing!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 2012 Porsche 991 911. Spy Shots, Renderings, Details, etc.