International Configurator Available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:05 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
International Configurator Available

You can now go online and build your new 991 (without pricing details). And to let you know, there is a 'DUCKTAIL' option via the Aerokit....

Have at it:

http://www.porsche.com/international/modelstart/

There is also a new 3D configurator tool called Unity that you can download.

And YES, I did build a 991...and what sucks is that I liked what I built.

But since there's no pricing (yet), I may not like it as much as I previously thought. But I did notice this morning on the US site that the C2S Base price is the SAME as the 997 C2S base price ($91,900).

I love my GTS...I love my GTS...I love my GTS....

Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Ray Oliver is infamous around these parts
The Canadian configurator is now available with full pricing.

Just played around with it for a few minutes. A few things I noticed:

- Nav seems to be standard
- Sunroof is now optional
- PTV standard on S, optional on base
- Five new wheels designs
- New options include HD radio, ventilated sport seats, Burmester audio, Porsche Entry & Drive, PDCC

Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
The point that gets my attention here is what features are now standard (Nav, for example) and some are not (sunroof). Waiting to see what the standard features are for the US models.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Just answered my own question:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/91...s/?gtabindex=6

BTW: Nav Module is OPTIONAL

Also, once you go to Technical Specs -> Overview, Base Price is $96,400 for C2S, even though the front page shows $91,900.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Keep the GTS for now... let's see what these things are really like too....

Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh, the plan is ABSOLUTELY to keep the GTS. I see some items in the 991 that interest me, but not that much.

Plus, my GTS sounds much too sweet now that I have the bypass installed

Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Ray Oliver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Just answered my own question:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/91...s/?gtabindex=6

BTW: Nav Module is OPTIONAL
But it also says that the following is standard:

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module, featuring high-resolution 7-inch color display (touch screen), radio with RDS double-tuner, single CD/DVD drive incl. audio playback of audio/video DVDs and MP3 music, hard disc with map data for the U.S. and Canada

Weird.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Good catch. It seems there is a fair amount of conflicting info within the Porsche web pages, including Base Price.

Time will bring clarity along once dealers start taking orders and order guides are released.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:21 PM
The USA configurator is up too WITH pricing.

But the options list is greatly reduced...

http://cc.porsche.com/pva_new/ccCall.do?&vLevel=2&PARAM=parameter_internet_us&la ng=us&userID=US&screen=1920x1200&RT=1314899952489

Old 09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ray Oliver
The Canadian configurator is now available with full pricing.

Just played around with it for a few minutes. A few things I noticed:

- Nav seems to be standard
- Sunroof is now optional
- PTV standard on S, optional on base
- Five new wheels designs
- New options include HD radio, ventilated sport seats, Burmester audio, Porsche Entry & Drive, PDCC
Go Canada.. I love how Porsche is just on-top of this stuff! Frankfurt pictures already showing up all over the place. The 991 looks AMAZING!

Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Is the Sport Aerokit giving us a glimpse of the next GT3???

Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
I like to rest my right arm on the armrest while i shift in my current 997.2.
In the 991 though, can I do that? It seems like my elbow would inadvertently be pressing buttons all the time....

Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
I like to rest my right arm on the armrest while i shift in my current 997.2.
In the 991 though, can I do that? It seems like my elbow would inadvertently be pressing buttons all the time....
Something tells me the Porsche engineers design the seating position in such a way that the arms/elbows aren't resting on anything, but are in a position for active control of the vehicle.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:22 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
I do have active control. When my right hand is shifting with the ****, my elbow conveniently CAN rest on the armrest, should I desire to do that...

Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Got it...my point is that Porsche is developing cars such that the driver is in a sportier position with both hands on the wheel at all times, except when shifting is required. I'm not questioning how you drive or your seating position, but rather pointing out that my opinion (and that's all it is) is that these cars are designed with sporty driving in mind first, which normally requires a more upright position with both hands on the wheel, not resting.

For casual driving, I tend to rest my left elbow on the storage lid on the door while holding the wheel with my right hand going back and forth between when and shifter. But when I drive aggressively, I'm sitting up with both hands managing the wheel. To be honest, not sure if my arms are long enough for elbow to rest comfortably on center rest while also shifting (I'm 6ft tall). Now that you've asked the question, I'm going to have to go out and see. Maybe that's a good excuse for a late-night drive???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: International Configurator Available