If Porsche Changes To keyless...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:48 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
I agree that the fake key thing is really odd. I was really stunned by it when I was checking out the Brumeister in a Pano, and it had the "keyless" system. It seems to defeat the point of keyless. I would want keyless because:

1) I don't need to remove the keys from my pocket to start the car.

2) I don't have a bunch of keys attached to my key chain jingling around from the dash.

With the fake key approach, neither of these benefits is realized. I fail to understand the point of having keyless if I still need to stick the "key" in the dash to start the car. Presumably, there's an explanation. When somebody learns it or figures it out, please do share.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rja
I agree that the fake key thing is really odd. I was really stunned by it when I was checking out the Brumeister in a Pano, and it had the "keyless" system. It seems to defeat the point of keyless. I would want keyless because:

1) I don't need to remove the keys from my pocket to start the car.

2) I don't have a bunch of keys attached to my key chain jingling around from the dash.

With the fake key approach, neither of these benefits is realized. I fail to understand the point of having keyless if I still need to stick the "key" in the dash to start the car. Presumably, there's an explanation. When somebody learns it or figures it out, please do share.
the fake key is permanently placed on the ignition. all you do is sit in the car and twist the fake key to start the car.

its similar to non-push start keyless go that are usually on Japanese cars.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:11 PM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Crea. Clearly, I was not paying close attention and your remark certainly clears up my confusion. I'd prefer a push button, but whatever on that.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Playersexpress
Im just voicing my dissatisfaction... and that fake key is just asking for someone to hop in the car and try and steal it, or to break the window to try and get in because they think some "Rich Idiot" locked the key in the car...

Good job Porsche, you really alienated the true Porschephiles... the customer base that upholds the company.
The only Porschephiles that are upholding the company are Cayennes and Panamera customers. I would say a large percentage of Porsche owners today don't know diddly squat about Porsche tradition and pronounce Porsche, "Porch." I've noticed only older Porsche owners wave enthusiastically at me when I drive by. The 997 owners wave back as a reaction when they see me wave, no facial expression, no smile. I've waved at Cayenne and Panamera drivers and they all gave me the 'wft, do I know you' facial expression. So in other words, Porsche will not miss you, they are a smart company, they are moving in a direction of luxury, comfort, convenience for their newer and higher percentage buyers. For the traditionalist, Porsche will just tell you to order one without any options.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ynot
The only Porschephiles that are upholding the company are Cayennes and Panamera customers. I would say a large percentage of Porsche owners today don't know diddly squat about Porsche tradition and pronounce Porsche, "Porch." I've noticed only older Porsche owners wave enthusiastically at me when I drive by. The 997 owners wave back as a reaction when they see me wave, no facial expression, no smile. I've waved at Cayenne and Panamera drivers and they all gave me the 'wft, do I know you' facial expression. So in other words, Porsche will not miss you, they are a smart company, they are moving in a direction of luxury, comfort, convenience for their newer and higher percentage buyers. For the traditionalist, Porsche will just tell you to order one without any options.
Very true - the traditonalists are not upholding the Company - quite the opposite in fact. Porsche sells more Cayenne's and Panameras' than 911's. Plus Carreras are not really tradionalist if you want to think of it that way. Porache went down the path of the GT3 / Carrera split about 10-12 years ago. Most people are looking for luxury and amenities in their modern Carrera. Thats why they had to go down this dual path. GT3 owners may very well want 6 speed, no radio, no AC, no nav, no Bose, Li battery etc. Carrera buyers are the opposite.

If you want a key and tradition, buy a Gt3 with a key.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:41 PM
bunnn is infamous around these parts
So, if we don't opt for Porsche Entry & Drive, do we just get a normal key? This is important to me, because I would be embarrassed to take out a key that is shaped like a car. I rather minor inconvenience than the horrible looking key.