If Porsche Changes To keyless...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Playersexpress is infamous around these parts
If Porsche Changes To keyless...

If Porsche changes to a key-less car with out an ignition on the left where I put the key in and actually turn it to start the car....

I WILL NEVER BUY A NEW PORSCHE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

The key to me is HERITAGE and TRADITION, things that are the PILLARS of the Porsche philosophy.

If they destroy it's racing bred heritage in this form I will never purchase a car newer than the 997.2 generation, they will have lost my future business.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
another keyless-go thread?
i posted this video minutes ago on the other thread. (the 991 should work in the same way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsazD...yer_detailpage

Old 09-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Im just voicing my dissatisfaction... and that fake key is just asking for someone to hop in the car and try and steal it, or to break the window to try and get in because they think some "Rich Idiot" locked the key in the car...

Good job Porsche, you really alienated the true Porschephiles... the customer base that upholds the company.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:13 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
How often has this happened? A thief usually knows that he still needs the real key as well and
you can remove the fake key and put it somewhere in the car till your next drive.

P.S. Turning the fake key instead of pushing a starter button is Porsche`s tribute to tradition.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 09-20-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Ive seen it happen, hell I had my boxster broken into through the convertible top with a knife because i left my ipod in the ashtray in plain view.

If someone would do that for an ipod... im sure they would for what they thought was a "key".

To me, it's real or nothing. Porsche can go belly up for all i care if they do that to the 911... the Cayenne I could care less.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
While I don't mind the keyless ignition, I understand your perspective player. I feel the same way about BMW's ///M Division going turbo. It hit me like a ton of bricks, but now I really could care less about them after the initial shock wore off. I understand the feeling with thinking about all that heritage just dumped out the window.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:09 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
another keyless-go thread?
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?
We are trying to give this section more gas!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Whoops, I just saw that fake key, and I retract my former statement. It is borderline phallic. Oh well, I still want a 991. I'll just try to not think about it every time I turn my car on

Old 09-20-2011, 10:38 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Inglorious
Whoops, I just saw that fake key, and I retract my former statement. It is borderline phallic. Oh well, I still want a 991. I'll just try to not think about it every time I turn my car on
I am not warming up to the fake key... is it too much to ask for a red start button? Wait, I am sure it is in the option somewhere...

Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Inglorious
Whoops, I just saw that fake key, and I retract my former statement. It is borderline phallic.
A Phallic Key? Another cue taken from Aston Martin?

I don't want some fake key permanently stuck in my dash.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
What's wrong with a starter button? It must be one of those "We're Porsche so we're not going to copy everyone else" positions they've taken for things like the PDK steering wheel shifter only to offer what people really want a year later as a pricey option.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:20 AM
exponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to beholdexponential is a splendid one to behold
I understand that the Keyless is an option. You can buy a car with conventional key and pay less

Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by mdc
I am not warming up to the fake key... is it too much to ask for a red start button? Wait, I am sure it is in the option somewhere...
Exactly.

That fake key is the oddest thing I have seen. I really wonder what was going on in the engineer's head. One step forward, but two steps backward. This is a minor imperfection and wouldn't distract me from the entirety of the car. But it's hard to ignore. It's just so odd. First the buttons, then the wart, now this. What's going on over at Porsche?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Couple things...first, it is an option that you do not have to buy. Don't like it, don't buy it.
Secondly, I was mystified by it at first, and then when it was on my Panamera build (got from the dealer as is), I tried it, and after about 2 hours, fell in love with it. It is actually a throwback to the tradition of Porsche that they left the faux key, on the left, rather than a starter button...it works great...and keeps the tradition. You simply don't have to take the key out of your pocket...you do everything else the same. Just hop in and go. Walk up to the doors, and open. Simple, seamless and works great.
As for someone breaking in because they think you left the key inside or locked your key inside, I have never heard of that happening, but I guess anything is possible. Porsche is a smart company, and if that was happening in any kind of widespread way, they wouldn't do it.
As an aside, on the new 911, you will also be able to touch the front Porsche crest to pop the front trunk, which is cool. Progress...
Oh, and this is the first time there will be "auto headlights." I assume that bothers the traditionalists, too? I am thrilled for that, as well.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
A Phallic Key? Another cue taken from Aston Martin?

I don't want some fake key permanently stuck in my dash.
agreed.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If Porsche Changes To keyless...