991 Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
mdwac has a spectacular aura aboutmdwac has a spectacular aura about
991 Pricing

I am P-Car person through and through.

I currently have a 997.2 TT and a 3 month old CTT.

I just went out to garage to look at the CTT invoice. It was $122K new. Love the car, has all of the performance options, but not ceramic brakes or Burmeister. It is 5000lbs of porsche goodies, with a twin turbo V8! Been playing around with the configurator....a decently outfitted 991 C2S gets me 95% of the way there dollar wise? That is problem #1.

Problem #2: so I am guessing I would give them my 8K mile 2010 997TT and write a check for $25-$35K for the new C2S? Then when the TT comes out, I will turn in the 991, take $30K of depreciation and buy the new TT which will be in the $150-$175K range?

I realize they can sell these all day long in China (at least until recently), but anyone else struck by the way the MSRPs have shot up so strongly and the used values have continued to struggle downward? Hopefully I have my facts wrong!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Not clear of what your question really is. Are you asking if you should trade your current car or cars for the new model(s) or are you just complaining about the depreciation and increased msrp?
If you want to trade in your current car then I would ask why? The c2s would be a downgrade from your tt IMO.
But if you are complaining about the price changes and depreciation then that is just how we must pay to play. Thats why I usually lease or if I buy then I get slighly used, like I did with my GT2. The GT2 had only 7k miles and it cost me $85k less then it was new. So on the other hand if you are on the other side of the depreciation it is a plus.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
mdwac has a spectacular aura aboutmdwac has a spectacular aura about
i guess my comment is as follows:
(1) the new CTT IMHO is fundamentally a much better version of the previous car. My sense is that the pricing between the cars did not jump a lot between versions of the Cayenne -- maybe i missed it. Yes, the pricing of Cayenne to 911 doesn't matter a lot, but to me it is for some reason a bit relevant. And as the gap between a "regular" C2S and a CTT has narrowed, I am starting to feel gouged as to the technology in the car versus the price they feel they can sell each based on model cache.
(2) conversely....the "base" C2S price has jumped a bunch from 996 to 997 to 991. i have a personality of going for the new car first and then jumping to the TT when available. Sure it is stupid economically.

At this point, I am thinking of breaking the cycle (not going for the 991 C2S and then the TT), just because in absolute $$ the cost of entry and exit is getting to a different level. Sure, I guess that is subjective....but was curious as to whether any other super loyal porsche customers had the same feeling? I don't buy the argument that leasing solves this problem, but i do agree for the first time that maybe i wait a bit and just become a fast follower -- buying in the slightly used market at large discounts.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
nina is infamous around these parts
The pricing is out of control!!! 130k for a carreraS is asking too much. I've owned 7 911 and I probably bought my last. The new Panamera interior is ugly.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I would wait and get a slightly used one for a decent price with cpo. Trading your tt for a c2s is a downgrade. Just enjoy your tt for now until you can get a slightly used 991tt.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
they asking 130k for the Carrera S ???? what???? i thought is was suppose to go up 1-2 % from the 2011's???

Old 10-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nina
The pricing is out of control!!! 130k for a carreraS is asking too much. I've owned 7 911 and I probably bought my last. The new Panamera interior is ugly.
Agreed. I configured a 112k carrera S (had every performance option ticked off except for PCCB and no comfort options), and one dealership was laughing at me and asked if the car came with a roof.

Another dealership (Walter's Porsche) is supposed to have one listed at 145k! Are these people sh*tin me?

Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
That's why 997.2 prices are holding firm. You have to add a lot of money to a 2009-2011 to get to a 991S. For not a lot more. Don't get me wrong, if some one gave me a 991 I'd take it over my car. But, a 2009 997.2S with 385 HP is a helluva car. I'd have to give them my car and $40-45K for a 991S. Don't think I'd do that..

Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
It´s a completely new car (with an endless options list). not just a virtual facelift like the step from the 996 to the 997.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
You guys are so lucky without heavy tax.

I finally received my local official price and individual/exclusive options sheet last week.

Everything just as standard plus some "free" local equipments such as

- 250- Porsche Deppelkupplung
- 567- Wind shield with grey scale
- 635- ParkAssist rear (with TopView)
- 692- 6-disc CD autochanger
- 810- Floor mats
- P06- Sport seats(14-way,elctricainl,incl. Memory-Package)
- Metallic paint
All Leather interior

The Carrera S price including the tax is HKD 1,979,000.00(around USD 254,370.00).
Sport Chrono USD 5,362, TPM USD 1,713, 20" Carrera Classic Wheel USD 2,845....... I believe my final order gonna over USD280,000

Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdwac
i guess my comment is as follows:
(1) the new CTT IMHO is fundamentally a much better version of the previous car. My sense is that the pricing between the cars did not jump a lot between versions of the Cayenne -- maybe i missed it. Yes, the pricing of Cayenne to 911 doesn't matter a lot, but to me it is for some reason a bit relevant. And as the gap between a "regular" C2S and a CTT has narrowed, I am starting to feel gouged as to the technology in the car versus the price they feel they can sell each based on model cache.
(2) conversely....the "base" C2S price has jumped a bunch from 996 to 997 to 991. i have a personality of going for the new car first and then jumping to the TT when available. Sure it is stupid economically.

At this point, I am thinking of breaking the cycle (not going for the 991 C2S and then the TT), just because in absolute $$ the cost of entry and exit is getting to a different level. Sure, I guess that is subjective....but was curious as to whether any other super loyal porsche customers had the same feeling? I don't buy the argument that leasing solves this problem, but i do agree for the first time that maybe i wait a bit and just become a fast follower -- buying in the slightly used market at large discounts.
When I say C2S, I am only talking about a 997 C2S not a Cayenne, in case you thought that. I agree with what you are saying but the CTT is worth the markup over the Cayenne S.
As others have mentioned trading in your 997.2TT for a 991 C2S is definitley a downgrade. Many of us want the newest model but just hang in there for the 991 TT.
Also leasing does not solve the problem but for my personal situation it is a huge advantage over buying (new models).

With a new CTT and a 997.2TT you are sitting pretty for a few years.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:21 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
crazy pricing! I'm getting a MINI!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:47 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
unless theyre purposely making it have a high MSRP with the hopes that more people lease it if there is a good program.
porsche claimed they wanted to double their sales volume with the 991 right ? Lease them at a great program (say ~$1300 for a base carrera and $1400 for a base c2s) on a 2 year term. When the cars come off lease, send half of them abroad, and the other half here. It'll keep value, everyone is happy..

Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pratas
You guys are so lucky without heavy tax.

I finally received my local official price and individual/exclusive options sheet last week.

Everything just as standard plus some "free" local equipments such as

- 250- Porsche Deppelkupplung
- 567- Wind shield with grey scale
- 635- ParkAssist rear (with TopView)
- 692- 6-disc CD autochanger
- 810- Floor mats
- P06- Sport seats(14-way,elctricainl,incl. Memory-Package)
- Metallic paint
All Leather interior

The Carrera S price including the tax is HKD 1,979,000.00(around USD 254,370.00).
Sport Chrono USD 5,362, TPM USD 1,713, 20" Carrera Classic Wheel USD 2,845....... I believe my final order gonna over USD280,000
oh Jesus!!!! it would stay at the dealership.....

Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Crazy pricing. Can get into an R8 for price of moderately equipped c2s.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Pricing