Just ordered 991S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by JohnM
Sounds like a great build!

I think for me..at $120K it would be an R8 tho.....
Trust me..... I'm starting to have second thoughts, maybe a slightly used 2011 997 turbo. R8 is a great car, but may be a little flashy for me as this will be my daily driver. On the other hand my drive to work is 5 miles with the highest posted speed limit being 45mph. A 991 S may just be the wiser choice. I could never get past 2nd gear in my old 996tt stage 2. Lots of cops here .

Old 11-07-2011, 02:17 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
You're right about R8. No way would I drive it to work!

My only beef with porsche right now, is that they still seem to nickel and dime the customer. I mean, if the base 997.2S was $90K, how can it also be worth $115K? (By Just adding options that other cars like Kia and Hyundai take for granted).

My hope was that the new 991 would have a leather interior, floor mats, and some other goodies as standard! The option sheet should have all the glamour stuff, like deviated stitching and special colors.

I would have ordered one already if they came in "nicely equipped" at $95,000.......

Last edited by JohnM; 11-07-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
After reading all the recent reviews, I've decided to keep my 991S build and have changed the color to Dark Blue Metallic

Old 11-12-2011, 12:35 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
What about PDCC? Not interested?

Old 11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by aamersa
What about PDCC? Not interested?
Oh I'm interested! Wouldn't be able to justify additional expense since I do mainly city driving.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:49 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
I see your point, I'm also omitting PDCC coz I live in a city where I won't be doing much cornering. Change of color, a good move. You'll have an excellent car come Feb.

BTW, what amount will you pay in sales tax?

Old 11-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by aamersa
I see your point, I'm also omitting PDCC coz I live in a city where I won't be doing much cornering. Change of color, a good move. You'll have an excellent car come Feb.

BTW, what amount will you pay in sales tax?
Thanks! You as well. 6.25% is tax rate here

Old 11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpikeP
After reading all the recent reviews, I've decided to keep my 991S build and have changed the color to Dark Blue Metallic

here is a brand new video for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3aq_...eature=related

Old 11-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Thanks so much!

Old 11-15-2011, 06:47 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
I ordered mine in dark met blue, too. My wife describes the color as 'elegant'.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 PM
sfy1505 is infamous around these parts
I am almost ready to order my 991. This video of Dark Blue Metallic is a big help. The new 911 brochure and several Porsche website videos (and also the 911 unveiling at the Frankfurt show) utilize a blue 911S that in some light looks like Dark Blue Metallic but in some lights could be Aqua Blue Metallic. I believe it is actually Dark Blue Metallic, but I want to be sure. Does anyone have a video Aqua Blue Metallic? Or can anyone be sure that the brochure is actually Dark Blue Metallic?

Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sfy1505
I am almost ready to order my 991. This video of Dark Blue Metallic is a big help. The new 911 brochure and several Porsche website videos (and also the 911 unveiling at the Frankfurt show) utilize a blue 911S that in some light looks like Dark Blue Metallic but in some lights could be Aqua Blue Metallic. I believe it is actually Dark Blue Metallic, but I want to be sure. Does anyone have a video Aqua Blue Metallic? Or can anyone be sure that the brochure is actually Dark Blue Metallic?

the car in the brochure and at the IAA in Frankfurt or Rennsport Reunion gathering is/was definitely dark blue metallic.

aqua blue:

dark blue:

Old 11-16-2011, 05:22 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
You see, the car in the brochure looks nothing like either of these two pictures above...it is quite in between them. If I was a betting man, I would say those in the brochure are aqua blue.

I had a lengthy discussion about this with my dealer, who agreed that the dark metallic blue is the hardest color to pin down as it is affected a lot by lighting conditions and photo conditions. When I see it in person, I think it is more likely to be confused with black at a glance, than with the aqua blue. To me it does look correct in the picture above (which is so notably darker than the blue car in the brochures and iPad app!).

Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by ahumphrey
You see, the car in the brochure looks nothing like either of these two pictures above...it is quite in between them. If I was a betting man, I would say those in the brochure are aqua blue.

I had a lengthy discussion about this with my dealer, who agreed that the dark metallic blue is the hardest color to pin down as it is affected a lot by lighting conditions and photo conditions. When I see it in person, I think it is more likely to be confused with black at a glance, than with the aqua blue. To me it does look correct in the picture above (which is so notably darker than the blue car in the brochures and iPad app!).

I agree with u that it´s not that easy to spot BUT the pictures in the brochure are photoshopped, that´s why they are a little misleading imho
AND at all big events, where the new 991 was presented (IAA, Laguna Seca etc.) there was always a platinum silver and a dark blue metallic 991 in the main-spotlight.
so, same recipe-same colors-same duo as the ones in the brochure imho.
as far as promotion goes, it only makes sense that way, so i am 99% sure it is dark blue in the brochure NOT aqua.

and check out the dark blue when it gets hit by light, looks much lighter, almost like a "jeans-blue" metallic

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 11-16-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah that's definitely dark metallic blue, and that's about as light as I ever see it. The blue car in the brochure is considerably lighter than this, and probably darker than aqua ever is, so yeah...photoshop.

I think all the blues look sexy, btw. My wife strongly prefers the dark metallic blue, so that helped me to decide.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered 991S