Just ordered 991S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ahumphrey
Yeah that's definitely dark metallic blue, and that's about as light as I ever see it. The blue car in the brochure is considerably lighter than this, and probably darker than aqua ever is, so yeah...photoshop.

I think all the blues look sexy, btw. My wife strongly prefers the dark metallic blue, so that helped me to decide.

exactly, even the platinum silver metallic 991 in the brochure doesn`t really look like platinum silver. i think Porsche should have done better to keep it as real as possible. so, fail! imho.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:11 AM
sfy1505 is infamous around these parts
Well, at least I'm not the only one who has had obsessive thoughts on this issue! Later in the day yesterday I also tracked down a Porsche North America PR guru in Atlanta who assured me that the brochure blue 911S and the Frankfurt show 911 was indeed Dark Blue Metallic. My last five cars have been similar in color (three BMW 7 series and two MB's) so this is not a new color path for me. Now the final decision; grey or beige interior...

Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
I believe the frankfurt dark blue 991S had the grey interior and sport plus seats and sport design steering. It also had the sport exhaust button. Can't go wrong with these, though the sport plus seats are not necessary, make it harder to get in and out.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:01 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
another dark blue example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF3fIO6rEIc

Old 11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on your build and color choice. Your really going to enjoy it!

Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aamersa
I believe the frankfurt dark blue 991S had the grey interior and sport plus seats and sport design steering. It also had the sport exhaust button. Can't go wrong with these, though the sport plus seats are not necessary, make it harder to get in and out.
I ended up switching my order to have the adaptive 18-way sport seats plus. While it is harder to get in and out, once you are seated those enhanced side-bolsters really feel unique. You instantly know you are in a special sports car.

At least that is how I felt when I sat in them on the 997.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:56 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
You sir are great

Old 11-18-2011, 07:38 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ahumphrey
I ended up switching my order to have the adaptive 18-way sport seats plus. While it is harder to get in and out, once you are seated those enhanced side-bolsters really feel unique. You instantly know you are in a special sports car.

At least that is how I felt when I sat in them on the 997.
I am debating with the same idea, not sure if they will be comfortable enough for a DD, maybe more appropiate for a track car.

Last edited by galion; 11-18-2011 at 10:35 PM.