991 Carrera (non S) order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:17 AM
sfy1505 is infamous around these parts
991 Carrera (non S) order

Has anyone been able to order a non-S 991 yet? I am first on the deposit list at my dealer for a standard Carrera and they have not gotten an allocation yet for a non-S yet (or so they say...)

Old 11-09-2011, 11:33 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
can you post your option list on the non. i am contemplating between the s and non-s.
I can pony up the money for the S, but when would i even be able to use the base to it's 60% of potential. but the S is nice to have all the goodies. So torn and ocnfused.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
congrats and welcome to 6-speed and i second LIL RAJA: if possible post some details!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:21 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
When you add on the standard options of the S to the base carrera, the 50 extra ponies are a bargain, I would recommend the S just for the bragging rights alone.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aamersa
When you add on the standard options of the S to the base carrera, the 50 extra ponies are a bargain, I would recommend the S just for the bragging rights alone.
legit... good point. 50 pony for a good price.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:39 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I have an allocation for a non S, January build , March delivery. The S deliveries will begin in February. The 991 has several free goodies that were options on the 997. For example the "sport exhaust" on the 997 will be standard on the 991. Navigation is standard on the 991. Blue tooth and ipod is standard on the 991. That is like $6000 of optional stuff on the 997 that is standard on the 991. Mine is white/yachting blue, sport design wheel, XM, Sport seats plus.. thats it. Keep it simple. cars with fewer options hold their value far better than those that are heavily optioned.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:49 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Sport Exhaust PSE is not standard on the 991. It is standard on the 997 GTS.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM
sfy1505 is infamous around these parts
I guess the allocation depends on how big the dealer is. Ours is probably not as big as yours. I thought that it was strange that they have been allocated 2 S's and no standard Carreras so far. When did you place your order? I also did not see the Sport Exhaust as a standard feature.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by tromero
I have an allocation for a non S, January build , March delivery. The S deliveries will begin in February. The 991 has several free goodies that were options on the 997. For example the "sport exhaust" on the 997 will be standard on the 991. Navigation is standard on the 991. Blue tooth and ipod is standard on the 991. That is like $6000 of optional stuff on the 997 that is standard on the 991. Mine is white/yachting blue, sport design wheel, XM, Sport seats plus.. thats it. Keep it simple. cars with fewer options hold their value far better than those that are heavily optioned.
that will look good white with blue.