2013 Carerra vs. Carerra S (991) build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:07 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by galion
I am not sure but I read somewhere that Cayennes and Panameras with the Sport Design steering wheel have an aditional controller behind the steering wheel to select menus in the TFT and answer phone calls.
I am digging in this feature in order to choose my stering wheel before my order locks.
My dealer told me exactly this when I ordered my 991, and he showed me this little lever in a 997 he had there, which had the sport steering wheel.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:53 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
that´s good to know, thx!
Yes. Thanks!!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SpikeP
I ordered the sport design wheel. However, after driving a friends GTS PDK I realized the car does a superb job of downshifting etc., and now i'm thinking the standard wheel with phone/stereo buttons may be the wiser choice.
Spike,

Basalt blk is hot. I had it on 955 S and loved it.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by aamersa
Also get auto dimming mirrors.
+1, this is a must, this option also includes the rain sensor.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Personally at only $6k more, the S seems to be quite a good deal. Obviously the extra HP is nice, but the 6piston brakes in my opinion is a significant upgrade over the standard Carrera's 4 piston brakes. Larger rotor and more pistons means better braking which turns into being a SAFER vehicle to ride in. From a Safety factor, the better brakes are piece of mind. Couple the more powerful motor with better brakes and you're going to have better resale value also. I know you said that resale's not really a concern, but why not increase your resale AND enjoy the added benefits of the "S" since it's not that much more expensive to do so. The rest of your build looks very tastefully done. Good luck on your decision!

Old 11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Personally at only $6k more, the S seems to be quite a good deal. Obviously the extra HP is nice, but the 6piston brakes in my opinion is a significant upgrade over the standard Carrera's 4 piston brakes. Larger rotor and more pistons means better braking which turns into being a SAFER vehicle to ride in. From a Safety factor, the better brakes are piece of mind. Couple the more powerful motor with better brakes and you're going to have better resale value also. I know you said that resale's not really a concern, but why not increase your resale AND enjoy the added benefits of the "S" since it's not that much more expensive to do so. The rest of your build looks very tastefully done. Good luck on your decision!
i am convinced. getting the "S".

Old 11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
this is what the build will look like.

:-)

pix compliments of catchmyshadow

Attached Images   
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
a few more for you:

Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
reps ur way. U the man.

btw, where was this? i need to see this in person.

also, why does it look a little too high.

Last edited by LIL RAJA; 11-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
reps ur way. U the man.

btw, where was this? i need to see this in person.

also, why does it look a little too high.

the pics are from the recent Rennsport Reunion IV Festival.
grey and red = superb

Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
the pics are from the recent Rennsport Reunion IV Festival.
grey and red = superb
Those photos look superb! Is that Agate Grey?

Old 11-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by surfah
Those photos look superb! Is that Agate Grey?

yep!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
a few more for you:

This color looks awesome! I just noticed the lower part of the headlamps - I presume they are high beams?!?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
This color looks awesome! I just noticed the lower part of the headlamps - I presume they are high beams?!?
also yep!

P.S. not only does it look awesome, it easily hides the dirt as well!

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 11-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
I would offer that unless you live in a cooler year-round climate, ventilated seats (541) are indispensable for your build sheet. I live in California, and I wouldn't spec a new build without them.

I think the heated seats are a plus in regions where your winters are moderately to severely cold, AND you drive the car year-round. But certainly I would want the ventilated seats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Carerra vs. Carerra S (991) build