2013 Carerra vs. Carerra S (991) build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
2013 Carerra vs. Carerra S (991) build

ok guys, i was really leaning towards a different car but after seeing the photos of the new 991 - I must say i am a bit crazy about this car.

I want to test drive the car when it comes out and make the final decision.

Here is my confusion. Go for the C2S or base. Previously i had a 08 c2s and I felt like i never took the car more than 60% of it's potential, so why pony up the additional $$$ for the S. I don't want to get S for resale value bla bla bla cuz i am not planning on buying this for the future owner rather me.

Here is my build list, please let me know your thoughts on what options you think of my builds.

Description No. Info Price
The new 911 Carrera $82,100
Exterior Color
Agate Grey Metallic N0 $710
Interior Color
Carrera Red natural leather interior NG $4,840
Exterior
SportDesign front apron
XAS $2,990
Performance
Sport Exhaust System 176 $2,950
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) 475 $2,090
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $4,080
Sport Chrono Package 640 $2,370
Power Steering Plus 658 $270
Wheels
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel 427 $2,730
Interior
Sport Seats Plus P05 $800
Light Design Package 630 $510
Seat heating (front) 342 $690
Seat ventilation (front) 541 $840
Steering wheel heating 345 $270
Fire extinguisher 509 $140
Interior Leather
Natural leather interior 998 $0
Porsche Crest on headrests
XSC $285
Destination Charge:
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price* $109,615

Description No. Info Price
The new 911 Carrera S $96,400
Exterior Color
Agate Grey Metallic N0 $710
Interior Color
Carrera Red natural leather interior NG $4,840
Exterior
Electric folding exterior mirrors 748 $320
Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 $4,080
Sport Chrono Package 640 $2,370
Power Steering Plus 658 $270
PASM Sport Suspension 030 $890
Wheels
20-inch Carrera Classic wheel 427 $1,170
Interior
Steering wheel heating 345 $270
Seat ventilation (front) 541 $840
Seat heating (front) 342 $690
Light Design Package 630 $510
Sport Seats Plus P05 $800
Interior Leather
Natural leather interior 998 $0
Porsche Crest on headrests
XSC $285
Storage compartment lid with Porsche Crest
XPT $330
Destination Charge:
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price* $115,725

requesting for comments. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
a short comparison, 991 Carrera S standard features:

3.8 Liter (compared to 3.4), 50 HP more
6-piston calipers front, 340mm rotors (compared to 4 and 330mm)
Brake Calipers in Red
20" wheels
PASM (- 10 mm)
Porsche Torque Vectoring

50HP+ is significant but for that kind of (more) money you should really use them.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:38 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
especially for 6k = 50 hp nice!!!!!! i am convinced. Thanks!

What about rest of the stuff, what do you think of my build?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Get the sport design steering wheel, looks much better. Also get auto dimming mirrors. You can eliminate a lot of stuff and save the money, options below that won't be useful:

1. Crests
2. sport seats plus
3. light design package
4. folding exterior mirrors
5. Seats heated/ventilated and steering heated
6. Sport suspension on S (the standard is more than enuf)

The above options are just a waste i my opinion.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
nice builds, take the S!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Wow, thats a nice build!
With all those options Carrera S is a logical choice, you'll love it.
For a weekend toy, I am keeping it plain and simple, Carrera (non S) PDK, 20" Classics and minimal comfort options, in that case not worth the price difference.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:03 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by aamersa
Get the sport design steering wheel, looks much better
I am debating with this option, The Sport Design steering wheel is gorgeous and large paddles are nice, but isnt more useful to answer your phone, make calls, control the stereo and configuration menus without taking your hands of the wheel, it just doesnt make sense to me.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
It depends on your habits. Not everyone uses the multifunction buttons on the steering. I have it on my current car, but have not once felt the urge (in 4 plus years) to use the steering buttons, I am more inclined to reach out to console, which is very nearby in the 991.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by aamersa
It depends on your habits. Not everyone uses the multifunction buttons on the steering. I have it on my current car, but have not once felt the urge (in 4 plus years) to use the steering buttons, I am more inclined to reach out to console, which is very nearby in the 991.

same here, i never really use buttons on steering wheels.
i always use touchscreens, MMIs (Audi) or the buttons on the center console. but i guess it can be helpful if you are used to it.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by galion
I am debating with this option, The Sport Design steering wheel is gorgeous and large paddles are nice, but isnt more useful to answer your phone, make calls, control the stereo and configuration menus without taking your hands of the wheel, it just doesnt make sense to me.
I ordered the sport design wheel. However, after driving a friends GTS PDK I realized the car does a superb job of downshifting etc., and now i'm thinking the standard wheel with phone/stereo buttons may be the wiser choice.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
if it was me i'd just buy a base non-s and save myself a lot of cash.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I am not sure but I read somewhere that Cayennes and Panameras with the Sport Design steering wheel have an aditional controller behind the steering wheel to select menus in the TFT and answer phone calls.
I am digging in this feature in order to choose my stering wheel before my order locks.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:46 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
I am not sure but I read somewhere that Cayennes and Panameras with the Sport Design steering wheel have an aditional controller behind the steering wheel to select menus in the TFT and answer phone calls.
I am digging in this feature in order to choose my stering wheel before my order locks.
Let us know what you find out please, that would be the best of both worlds, somehow I don't think there is an additional controller. Hope i'm wrong.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by SpikeP
Let us know what you find out please, that would be the best of both worlds, somehow I don't think there is an additional controller. Hope i'm wrong.

There you go, but hope some Cayenne 958 or Panamera owners with the sport design steering option chime in.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-wheel.html

Post # 7 - 9
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pdcc-ptv.html

This might be sweet too!!! $650 conversion
http://www.tech9.ms/performance/caye...e-shifters.htm

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-shifters.html

Attached Images  

Last edited by galion; 11-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
There you go, but hope some Cayenne 958 or Panamera owners with the sport design steering option chime in.

Post # 7 - 9
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pdcc-ptv.html
that´s good to know, thx!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Carerra vs. Carerra S (991) build