Smokers Pkg might be useful!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:12 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Smokers Pkg might be useful!

Even though I am not a smoker, with this free option you get a better looking covered compartment (ashtray) and cigarrete lighter plug in the front center console instead of the uncovered storage compartment with no lighter plug to charge your phone. Cant see any other acc plug, maybe inside the glove box?

Old 11-11-2011, 12:34 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I also don't smoke and never use my ashtray for anything . My i phone charge is rather lengthy and even if it lost charge theres enough stores who might charge it for me .

I actually think a car that lacks smokers package would benefit on resale .

As for the pulg outlet .. other cars (like Honda) which lack smokers package usually do have an outlet.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:12 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I prefer the Smoker PKG, the center console looks unfinished without the closing lid, and you get an acc plug too.
A couple of pics for comparison.

Attached Images   

Last edited by galion; 11-15-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
Hoen is infamous around these parts
looks better with it IMO.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Good catch...it does look a little better with the lid and adds some functionality with the acc plug. I do happen to use my acc plug monthly for the air compressor (make sure tire pressures are good), and the one I have on the console (as opposed to storage bin) is great for it. And it removes the potential for placing crap (paper, coins, etc) in that open bin.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:53 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Does the 991 have a power outlet in the passenger footwell? I use the one in my Cayman for a radar detector, it's annoying that it's not a switched outlet. The one in the ashtray probably is switched.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
actually its not nice it pops open all the time.. i had this with the panamera

but it does look better than a plain old storage bin!

Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM
sphinz is infamous around these partssphinz is infamous around these parts
there will probably be an option to add the lid a bit later. That is a perfect place to rest my iphone instead of keeping an outlet.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:04 PM
cat1pro is infamous around these partscat1pro is infamous around these parts
bringing this thread back to life

I can always use it to charge my phone.