Autoblog's review with sunroof opening VID

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Autoblog's review with sunroof opening VID

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/11/2...-drive-review/

Old 11-11-2011, 05:42 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
thx for posting and damn, that yellow looks so freakin` hot on the 991!

some things stand out:

steering

"we focused our attention on the new electric steering – this was admittedly our primary concern. It does feel slightly different, maybe lacking some of the smallest vibrations, but no less accurate or precise. We could feel the bumps, the rocks and the road kill (already flattened, of course). We were fixated on the steering for about 15 minutes, digging hard to find something annoying, but we couldn't. Then we forgot about it; it became a non-issue."

PDK
"If the 911's PDK isn't the world's finest automatic transmission, we don't know what is."

7speed manual
"In less time than it takes to soft boil an egg, we forgot about the near-perfect shifts of the PDK and fell head over heels for the manual gearbox. The clutch pedal felt slightly springy at first, but only took a few engagements to become second nature. Soon, the action was almost faultless as the gears snapped quickly into place. The action was smooth, yet rewardingly mechanical. We ran up the gears sequentially, clumsily slower than the dual-clutch would do the same task, and quickly ran back down the pattern in reverse order. Our favorite gear, without question, was third. That middle gear pulled strongly from 35 mph to nearly 110 mph, meaning it is a perfect fit for nearly every back country road in the Continental United States."

summary
"we can't think of another new vehicle in that dollar range capable of delivering the equivalent build quality, comfort or performance. The 911 has always been, and continues to remain, a true driver's car for a discerning affluent buyer."

Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
As I've been saying since photos were launched, the rear end is too busy with the model designation. Check out this pic for comparison. It looks leaps and bounds better with just the PORSCHE lettering.

Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2011, 03:02 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Carbon
As I've been saying since photos were launched, the rear end is too busy with the model designation. Check out this pic for comparison. It looks leaps and bounds better with just the PORSCHE lettering.
on some colors it looks better with, on some it looks better without a designation at all.
a black 991 withouth lettering looks a bit too naked for me.
to me it´s either no designation or a decision between the "Porsche" lettering or the model (911 or Carrera) lettering but surely NOT both things!
i like the "Porsche" lettering a lot, even tho some people say "everyone knows it´s a Porsche, no need for a Porsche lettering".
the "Porsche" lettering on the rear is part of the history, so i welcome it!

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 11-13-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:00 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by Carbon

Yes! If I had 991, I'd eliminate those letters and keep it as simple as in 996 or 997.

Last edited by S4corrado996TT; 11-15-2011 at 02:02 AM.