Orders in...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:17 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
Well, after much debate back and forth, I decided to cancel my order for my 2012 California and order a 2012 991. I am an early December build with first delivery for my dealer.

Went with the following spec:
Carrera S
GT silver
Espresso Adaptive Sport Seats
Premium Package Plus
PDCC with PASM
Sport Chrono Package
Model Deletion
Sunroof
Folding mirrors
Burmester Package
Carrera S wheels
Colored Wheel Crest
5mm spacers
Power Steering Plus
Instrument Dials in Black
PCCBs
PDK
Porsche Crests Headrests
Sport Design Steering Wheel
Seat back shells in Leather
Telephone Module
Voice Control

Should be here Feb, first week.

J
Wow! What a build! If u don't mind what was msrp? Would be hard to get a more loaded S !!

Old 11-12-2011, 07:18 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
MSRP is like 144k and change.

J

Old 11-12-2011, 07:40 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
What an amazing build - sooo sweet. Congrats!

Old 11-13-2011, 12:19 PM
96redLT4 is infamous around these parts96redLT4 is infamous around these parts
MSRP is like 144k and change.

J
Based on seeing the cars in person over the last few days in SB, I think you will be thrilled. I don't think I saw a GT silver car-a little surprised as this is the 'official' P color. Are you paying sticker or did they give you a little bit of a break, for the 50K or so in options?
Jim

Old 11-13-2011, 07:45 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I got a 3k discount. I would have like for more, but no.

J

Old 11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
I got a 3k discount. I would have like for more, but no.

J
I got ZERO discount despite 3 new cars in 3 years from same dealership. Consider yourself fortunate.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:39 PM
96redLT4 is infamous around these parts96redLT4 is infamous around these parts
I was going to get a 3K discount on a 6 spd tt which I was speccing at about 143K I think, before I decided to cancel the order and see what the new cars looked like.
J

Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Early reviews suggest the 4.1 claim is very reserved. With Sport Chrono Plus, estimates from Porsche are 3.9. So, I expect 3.7-3.8 stock. With mods, could be lower.

Oh, and I forgot, I did get Sport Exhaust.

J
is the Sports Exhaust really worth it or should one go for aftermarket.
I am curious to know. I am thinking to keep everything OEM minus the wheels for my car. Just the fit and finish is 10x better IMHO.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
OEM all the way - I know aftermarkets might sound better and give better value but its just so nice to have it from the factory.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uhn2000
OEM all the way - I know aftermarkets might sound better and give better value but its just so nice to have it from the factory.
^This. OEM warranty and the ability to turn off (not everyone's cup of tea but some consider this a nice feature to have).

Old 11-15-2011, 06:59 PM
rmmcdaniel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
After driving the California I did not feel that it was any faster than my car, it actually felt heavier and less connected and got me way too much attention.

The California was very nice but definitely not worth double the price IMO.
Completely agree. I was invited by Ferrari to test drive the California when it came out and was not impressed at all from a driving dynamics perspective. I drove an E90 M3 at the time and thought it was much faster, more agile, better handling, and more connected driver-to-car.

It was a real bummer for me as Ferrari is definitely my aspirational goal to own and that was my first experience driving one. I know I would never want a California and that I'm not the target demographic for it, but was still disappointing. Will have to keep saving my penny's for a 458. ha ha.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Am I crazy for wanting to remove the sunroof. I love sunroofs. Use mine in my CTT all the time. Something about the way it looks on the 991 seems to make me think the lines are broken up some.

J

Old 11-25-2011, 05:03 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
If you love and use sunroofs, get it, a no brainer. Yes,you are crazy for wanting to remove it. The looks are quite ok.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:10 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aamersa
If you love and use sunroofs, get it, a no brainer. Yes,you are crazy for wanting to remove it. The looks are quite ok.

agreed.
if it continues to be a problem then just keep it closed.
the next buyer will have fun with it, where is the problem?

Old 11-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Okay...I honestly feel the same way. Just wondering what others think. Besides, the new sunroofs sort of give the car a Targa feel. I am gonna love this car. Keep it until the Turbo's are announced and likely upgrade.

J

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orders in...