Orders in...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 04:01 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Orders in...

Well, after much debate back and forth, I decided to cancel my order for my 2012 California and order a 2012 991. I am an early December build with first delivery for my dealer.

Went with the following spec:
Carrera S
GT silver
Espresso Adaptive Sport Seats
Premium Package Plus
PDCC with PASM
Sport Chrono Package
Model Deletion
Sunroof
Folding mirrors
Burmester Package
Carrera S wheels
Colored Wheel Crest
5mm spacers
Power Steering Plus
Instrument Dials in Black
PCCBs
PDK
Porsche Crests Headrests
Sport Design Steering Wheel
Seat back shells in Leather
Telephone Module
Voice Control

Should be here Feb, first week.

J

Old 11-12-2011, 04:04 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
GT-silver is my favourite silver, PDCC + sunroof + burmester + PCCBs, wow nice!

you should be one of the first with PDCC on board, can`t wait to hear what it´s like!

Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
PDCC is great on my Cayenne TT. Can only imagine what it can do on the 991.

J

Old 11-12-2011, 04:12 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
You cancelled a california order to get a 991S? Are the two even in the same league?Perhaps a turbo s wud be close.

With such a high end config, you have omitted PSE?

With PDCC and Pasm combined, I don't expect you will get delivery before april.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Well, if you compare them from exotic or not, then no. But performance wise, they are very equally matched. I was confirmed by my dealer for a Feb delivery, first week to second week.

I am cancelling the California for several reasons. The car was almost twice the price. Insurance is insane.

I don't have to confirm on the cancellation until Friday. I have till the same time to make any changes to the 991.

The 991 will be a lot more drivable. I can park and take it wherever I want with little worry about drawing insane amounts of attention.

J

Old 11-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Turbo S is in the league of the 458. Not California.

J

Old 11-12-2011, 04:20 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aamersa
You cancelled a california order to get a 991S? Are the two even in the same league?Perhaps a turbo s wud be close.

Ferrari claims 0-100km/h (62mph) in 3.9 sec. and 13.1 sec. to 200km/h (124mph) for the California.
sportauto`s recent test says 4.2 sec. and 14.7 seconds (only).

Porsche claims 4.1 seconds for the new 991S (with PDK and LC)
and Porsche is always conservative with those numbers.

i guess the 991S is a tad faster, esp. from a stop.

P.S. The 997.2 Turbo is slightly faster than a (no press car) 458 to 62 in real life!

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 11-12-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Early reviews suggest the 4.1 claim is very reserved. With Sport Chrono Plus, estimates from Porsche are 3.9. So, I expect 3.7-3.8 stock. With mods, could be lower.

Oh, and I forgot, I did get Sport Exhaust.

J

Old 11-12-2011, 04:24 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Ok, I understand that 991S wud be a more practical car. Just add PSE sport exhaust and you're done, your build is excellent otherwise. Congratulations on saving yourself a bunch and on your excellent purchase.

I could be wrong about later delivery, may be I was thinking of another option.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I will have more info on the delivery date next week.

PSE is on there.

J

Old 11-12-2011, 05:00 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I had a 09C2S with some mods and was getting 3.6seconds to 60mph and 8.9 to 100mph. Without the mods it was 4.2seconds to 60mph and 9.8 to 100mph. I have driven my friends California and his TTS cab on two separate occasions and right after jumped in my C2S. After driving the California I did not feel that it was any faster than my car, it actually felt heavier and less connected and got me way too much attention. After driving his TTS cab, my car felt like it was rolling through mud or dragging a building behind me.....so slow and sluggish in comparison to that rocket.
The California was very nice but definitely not worth double the price IMO.
Good choice!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:59 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Can anyone dumb down the PDCC and PASM functions for me please?

Old 11-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by mseligson
Can anyone dumb down the PDCC and PASM functions for me please?

PDCC

PDCC is an active anti-roll system that reduces lateral body movement during cornering. With this system, hydraulic stabilizing actuators located at each wheel actively optimize wheel camber, their action moderated based on steering angle and lateral acceleration.
The result is more stable lateral load transfer, sharper turn-in, and improved dynamic performance. PDCC is also helpful in minimizing the car’s lateral instability over uneven ground and in emergency maneuvers requiring sudden steering inputs. In simple terms, the vehicle holds the road better and you can steer through corners faster and in a more relaxed manner with greater ride comfort. In this way, PDCC contributes to a new benchmark in dynamic performance.

PASM
An even more advanced version of PASM comes standard in the new 911 Carrera S, and is available as an option in the new 911 Carrera. This system actively and continuously regulates damping forces according to driving style and road conditions. In addition, it allows for a 0.39-inch (10mm) lower ride height, improving stability.
Sensors monitor body movements generated by powerful acceleration, braking, or uneven road surfaces. The PASM control unit modifies the damping force at each of the wheels accordingly. In the new 911, the number of sensors has been increased for improved data acquisition and even more efficient control interventions.
PASM has two modes, which can be selected using a separate button on the center console: “Normal,” which is a blend of performance and comfort, and “Sport,” with harder damping, appropriate for high-performance driving. When uneven roads are encountered in Sport mode, PASM immediately switches to a softer rating, improving road contact. When the road surface improves, PASM automatically reverts to the original damping. If Normal mode is selected and the driver’s style becomes more assertive, PASM automatically switches to a harder rating.
The results are tangible: increased driving stability, enhanced roadholding and improved comfort.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome, thanks.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:08 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Jason your build sheet sounds very similar to the one I want. Almost to the letter. Very exciting! Congratulations!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Orders in...