My base 991 build.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Don't worry about resale, totally agree with the non S option. BTW I have the new Bose in the Cayenne and its incredible .

Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Base Carrera is a wise choice.
Imo skip the rear wiper and Bose (Std Stereo is 235w now)

Add Park Assist, Auto-dimming mirrors w/rain sensor, Bluetooth module.
I woundt buy a used 991 without these basic options.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
This has been really useful. Thanks.

Rear wiper - for some reason I always liked this on 911s.

Park assist - Good call. I have this on the M3 and X5 and it is quite useful.

Bluetooth - Did I miss something? This comes as standard now, no? From the configurator's list of standard features -
BluetoothŽ hands-free mobile phone connection, using Hands Free Profile (HFP)
Telephone module - Not sure what this adds? Is it just the ability to insert a SIM card for GSM phones? How is this better than the standard bluetooth?

Sport Chrono - Help me understand what this does for me aside from launch control(which I wouldn't really use)? Aggressive shift patterns? Again, I am not opposed to buying it if it makes sense, but I thought some of what the old sport chrono on the 997 offered is now standard on the 991.

PASM - I have dynamic dampers on my M3 and rarely set them to anything other than their softest setting.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I would like to hear what your dealer says as far as availability ... I have been told by 2 local dealers the first batch of cars will be the Carrera S with PDK only ... coming in January/February.

They told me they were not given a time frame when they are getting more allocations and they can't commit to when the Base model is going to be availability as well as the Manual Transmission. I was pretty disappointed as I would love to put in an order for a base with a Manual.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:58 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
The first batch of cars in HK will be the Carrera S with PDK only for January build. Not sure the schedule regarding the base Carrera or manual. I heard somewhere said the base will from March but not sure.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 AM
lazerblu is infamous around these parts
Didn't realize bluetooth was standard in US, us poor Brits have to fork out out extra ŁŁŁ's for it.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:11 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I would add the sport plus seats for $800 and XM for 750 and skip the Bose. My 2009 is Aqua Blue / Black and if I had it to do again I would have gone with a gray interior but it's a matter of personal taste.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:16 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sapster
Sport Chrono - Help me understand what this does for me aside from launch control(which I wouldn't really use)? Aggressive shift patterns? Again, I am not opposed to buying it if it makes sense, but I thought some of what the old sport chrono on the 997 offered is now standard on the 991.

PASM - I have dynamic dampers on my M3 and rarely set them to anything other than their softest setting.

both things are useful, but only if u drive your 991 like it´s meant to be:

Sport Chrono Package

In Sport Plus mode, the trigger threshold for PSM is raised. Agility is perceptibly enhanced when braking for corners with PSM, allowing for sportier braking and exit acceleration. For maximum dexterity, PSM can be set to standby while the car is still in Sport Plus mode. For safety, it is set to intervene automatically only when ABS assistance is required on both front wheels.
In cars equipped with Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK), the selection of Sport Plus adds two additional high-performance functions ideal for motorsports. The first is Launch Control, which can be used on the track or autocross course, to achieve the fastest possible standing start. The second is a motorsport-derived gearshift strategy: Shifting becomes lightning-fast for maximum acceleration.

PASM
An even more advanced version of PASM comes standard in the new 911 Carrera S, and is available as an option in the new 911 Carrera. This system actively and continuously regulates damping forces according to driving style and road conditions. In addition, it allows for a 0.39-inch (10mm) lower ride height, improving stability.
Sensors monitor body movements generated by powerful acceleration, braking, or uneven road surfaces. The PASM control unit modifies the damping force at each of the wheels accordingly. In the new 911, the number of sensors has been increased for improved data acquisition and even more efficient control interventions.
PASM has two modes, which can be selected using a separate button on the center console: “Normal,” which is a blend of performance and comfort, and “Sport,” with harder damping, appropriate for high-performance driving. When uneven roads are encountered in Sport mode, PASM immediately switches to a softer rating, improving road contact. When the road surface improves, PASM automatically reverts to the original damping. If Normal mode is selected and the driver’s style becomes more assertive, PASM automatically switches to a harder rating.
The results are tangible: increased driving stability, enhanced roadholding and improved comfort.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 AM
cay-man-ess23 is infamous around these parts
Skip the rear windshield wiper. The rear window has enough slope that you will not need it and it does not look good on any of the newer 911's. Granted go back into the 80's and early 90's 911's and it does look great but no longer. Looks like an afterthought and will ruin the lines of your $90k car. If you get PDK you might as well get the Sport Chrono Package. Give yourself launch control and more aggressive throttle mapping. Can't go wrong!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Changed my build to the following based on the advice above -

The new 911 Carrera $82,100
Packages
BOSEŽ Audio Package P37 $2,420
Exterior Color
Aqua Blue Metallic D2 $710
Interior Color
Platinum Grey leather front seats CJ $0
Exterior
ParkAssist (rear) 635 $610
Performance
Sport Chrono Package 640 $2,370
Porsche (PDK) 250 $4,080
Wheels
19-inch Carrera wheel 411 $0
Wheel Accessories
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest446 $185
Interior
Sport Seats Plus P05 $800
Interior Leather
SportDesign steering wheel 840 $490
Destination Charge:
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price* $94,715

Still wondering about the telephone module. What is the benefit of this over the standard bluetooth?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !

Still wondering about the telephone module. What is the benefit of this over the standard bluetooth?

You don't need the telephone module for the bluetooth to work.

The telephone module will, however, allow you to use a SIM card directly in the PCM and use the car's built in antenna for phone calls. It also allows you to do text messaging and stuff if you have the SIM card loaded in the PCM.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
This.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

The telephone module will, however, allow you to use a SIM card directly in the PCM and use the car's built in antenna for phone calls. It also allows you to do text messaging and stuff if you have the SIM card loaded in the PCM.
OK, that's what I thought. I never understood why they had this functionality in the US. Wireless companies won't clone SIMs, so you are left with the option of getting a second SIM with another number and forwarding your main number to it, or swapping the SIM in from your phone when you are in the car. I really can't see the benefit.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:47 AM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
OK, that's what I thought. I never understood why they had this functionality in the US. Wireless companies won't clone SIMs, so you are left with the option of getting a second SIM with another number and forwarding your main number to it, or swapping the SIM in from your phone when you are in the car. I really can't see the benefit.
Sap,

I wish someone would have made this a bigger a point when i ordered my 997.2, don't buy a Pcar without Auto-Dimming Mirrors! HELLO?! Your going to be blinded completely without adjusting them every time you get in the car at night and it'll be twice as bad with your car slammed.

Shaun

If it were up to me again, i'd give up my nav and turning headlights just for this one option

Old 11-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

Originally Posted by 20-C4-10
Sap,

I wish someone would have made this a bigger a point when i ordered my 997.2, don't buy a Pcar without Auto-Dimming Mirrors! HELLO?! Your going to be blinded completely without adjusting them every time you get in the car at night and it'll be twice as bad with your car slammed.

Shaun

If it were up to me again, i'd give up my nav and turning headlights just for this one option
Really? I never found this much of an issue in the past, though both of my current cars have it. When people drive behind me with their hi-beams on I tend to think of it as an issue with the driver and not the car. In europe I never had this issue as people there seemed to know when to use the hi beam and when not to. In the US you sometimes see people driving along oblivious to the fact that they are blinding people with their lights.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My base 991 build.