My base 991 build.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sapster
Really? I never found this much of an issue in the past, though both of my current cars have it. When people drive behind me with their hi-beams on I tend to think of it as an issue with the driver and not the car. In europe I never had this issue as people there seemed to know when to use the hi beam and when not to. In the US you sometimes see people driving along oblivious to the fact that they are blinding people with their lights.
it happens to me on a nightly basis and I may be more annoyed by it since I got Lasik on my eyes but I'd never buy another porsche without this option. I do agree, there are a lot of people who follow too close and don't care about blinding in America.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:07 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Get the premium package that includes auto dimming mirrors or the pp + if you also want the keyless entry.
You don't need the sport seats plus.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 20-C4-10
it happens to me on a nightly basis and I may be more annoyed by it since I got Lasik on my eyes but I'd never buy another porsche without this option. I do agree, there are a lot of people who follow too close and don't care about blinding in America.
In germany and western europe it´s not a problem at all.
People, truck drivers etc. immediately turn the high beams off when you are within sight.
but it´s a feature i would still get, cause some bi-xenon headlights are very very bright.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
In germany and western europe it´s not a problem at all.
People, truck drivers etc. immediately turn the high beams off when you are within sight.
but it´s a feature i would still get, cause some bi-xenon headlights are very very bright.
Clarification: I meant high trucks and semis and most stock ford and chevy trucks at LOW beam are what I was referring to

Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
nephew is infamous around these parts
I recent took delivery of a base 997 that was fortunate enough to order. I went through a process of options pros and cons. The model was a black edition, so it came with the electronic upgrades.

however, i thought that since i'm already spending ~$90k for the car, i might as well add some of the performance-orientated options that will make the car 'better' in my eyes. Those options were sports chrono (car is pdk), PASM and sport exhaust. I've very happy with that combination of options - having the 'sport' button does wonders for the throttle response and i like having an exhaust that I can actually hear, but turn off if i don't want to hear it.

I changed my seat selection to the sport seats (a no cost option) vs the regular power seats as i rarely fiddle with my seats anyway. i'm happy with that choice.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
The best performance option to add on is the "S" option. Then just slap on PDK, Sport Chrono and PSE, you're done, not far off in price from a base carrera with cosmetic options.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sapster
Changed my build to the following based on the advice above -

The new 911 Carrera $82,100
Packages
BOSEŽ Audio Package P37 $2,420
Exterior Color
Aqua Blue Metallic D2 $710
Interior Color
Platinum Grey leather front seats CJ $0
Exterior
ParkAssist (rear) 635 $610
Performance
Sport Chrono Package 640 $2,370
Porsche (PDK) 250 $4,080
Wheels
19-inch Carrera wheel 411 $0
Wheel Accessories
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest446 $185
Interior
Sport Seats Plus P05 $800
Interior Leather
SportDesign steering wheel 840 $490
Destination Charge:
Destination Charge: $950
Total Price* $94,715

Still wondering about the telephone module. What is the benefit of this over the standard bluetooth?
Solid build. I might consider Porsche Sports Exhaust and would also chime in on the utility of auto-dimming mirrors which I have on my C2S.

PDK, SC, PASM, PSE, auto-dimming mirrors, park assist and adaptive sports seats would be my build options.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aamersa
Get the premium package that includes auto dimming mirrors or the pp + if you also want the keyless entry.
You don't need the sport seats plus.
Sorry, I can't agree with that. The Premium Packages are some of the worst value in options. The only thing I would like is the keyless go in the PP+, but I am not paying nearly $5k for it.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:33 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
The Auto-dimming mirrors have the rain sensor included. I find that feature very useful.

Not sure about the Sport plus seats, they have a huge silver plastic cover in the back, looks cheesy Imo.

Last edited by galion; 11-17-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 PM
WFO_Racer is infamous around these parts
Our grandfathers must be rolling in their graves.

Park Assist?

On such a tiny car?

How did gramps manage to parallel park the land barges from the sixties?

Never fails to amaze me the dumbing down of drivers with all these "aids".

Old 11-18-2011, 04:23 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WFO_Racer
Our grandfathers must be rolling in their graves.

Park Assist?

On such a tiny car?

Never fails to amaze me the dumbing down of drivers with all these "aids".
it´s the same with navigation systems.
not utterly necessary. i could use a map and it would be okay.
but i have both things and sometimes they make life really easier.
apart from that and i am fan of new technology and love to play with those new gimmickies.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
WFO_Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
it´s the same with navigation systems.
not utterly necessary. i could use a map and it would be okay.
but i have both things and sometimes they make life really easier.
apart from that and i am fan of new technology and love to play with those new gimmickies.

I fully understand some things, sat nav with traffic is useful in major metro areas. But I will shlt if Porsche introduces a feature like other makes have that parks the car for you.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
I fully understand some things, sat nav with traffic is useful in major metro areas. But I will shlt if Porsche introduces a feature like other makes have that parks the car for you.
Progress is a terrible thing, isn't it? We'd be far better off just walking or riding a horse, right?

Old 11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light

Did you happen to see the bumpers of the land yachts Gramps just parked inbetween?

Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM

i may be accused of being a sexist now, but i still think some of those new gizmos have been invented, because: woman.

sometimes even a park assist doesn`t help tho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPuIxy-r30U&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2a1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH17H...eature=related

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 11-18-2011 at 02:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My base 991 build.