My base 991 build.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 04:32 PM
nsblue is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking of a standard Carrera as well. How about 20" Carrera S wheels along with PASM? Will they cause too harsh of a ride?

Old 11-19-2011, 04:38 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nsblue
I'm thinking of a standard Carrera as well. How about 20" Carrera S wheels along with PASM? Will they cause too harsh of a ride?

All of the reviewed 991s were euipped with PASM and 20" and still have been described as (much) more comfortable as the 997s.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Base allocation.

My dealer only had one base allocation (mine). Feb/march build for march/april delivery.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:33 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sapster
My dealer only had one base allocation (mine). Feb/march build for march/april delivery.
5 months wait, that´s tough!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
5 months wait, that´s tough!
No doubt. Better to get some of my wait time in now before I see 991s on the street, though. That would be much more difficult.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 AM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I actually like the "cheesy plastic" behind the sport seats. It gives it a sporty and unique look, hence the term "sport seats"

Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
All of the reviewed 991s were equipped with PASM and 20" and still have been described as (much) more comfortable as the 997s.
Along with the reworked suspension, the longer wheel base, and more sidewall on the tires (245/35R20 up front) all contribute to a more cushy ride than the out-going model.

Originally Posted by tromero
I actually like the "cheesy plastic" behind the sport seats. It gives it a sporty and unique look, hence the term "sport seats"
Good for you. I actually like it in carbon or painted to match the body color.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Sapster,

Good choice on Aqua blue.

I never order my Porsche with color wheel caps. I will buy them at parts department separately at about the same price as in the car order. Doing this, I will have a set of non-colored one as spare for my second set of wheels (track or winter use).

Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Sapster,

Good choice on Aqua blue.

I never order my Porsche with color wheel caps. I will buy them at parts department separately at about the same price as in the car order. Doing this, I will have a set of non-colored one as spare for my second set of wheels (track or winter use).
Good point. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:04 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sapster
I am not averse to spending money, I just don't think there's a lot of bang for the buck in going for an S or some of the pricier options.

I mainly got the Bose for resale. Had Bose in my 987 and it really wasn't great, but the base audio was extremely poor.
So you don't really get into music? Just for resale? Do you normally change cars often? What happens if you find you really love the 991?