Ordering today - 991CS- seen GT Silver on 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
haha - yes - 997.2 sold and money is in my bank - ready to be advanced to Porsche's acct

I talked to my dealer today and the design pkg will delay the cary until post-March. (he thinks - he is still doing legwork).

Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
You son of a gun ... thats the third 911 in a year (considering you had one of the 997.2 for a few days/week) Why ... not happy with 997.2 or 991 too good to resist ??

Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
the latter - Haven't pulled trigger yet - was going to yesterday but I'm trying to get my head around some options - and colors

Old 12-02-2011, 06:12 PM
DRLC6 is infamous around these parts
I also really like The GT silver. 3 of my last 5 cars were silver. I may order a White one this time? Im really loving the new 991S.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:29 PM
DRLC6 - is that Carrera in the first pic Platinum or Arctic?

Old 12-04-2011, 02:43 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EricP
DRLC6 - is that Carrera in the first pic Platinum or Arctic?
Not trying to step on DLRC6's toes.. but I'm pretty sure that's Artic Silver. Same as my base C2.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:57 AM
I think I agree that it's arctic I'll likely go with platinum. Does anyone think platinum is too champagne? Initially it looks like pure silver but I've caught a few glimpses where it appears to have some champagne in it - might be my brain doing it's OCD stuff .

Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
dont have a pic but my buddy's turbo S in GT silver on Black is a very good looking combo. I personally wouldn't ante up the 3k for the GT option and would go with Seal or Platinum.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:06 AM
I've seen GT Silver extensively. The interior will be espresso for sure.. And I don't mind pony'ing up the extra $3k for GT Silver paint - BUT I saw GT and Platinum side by side the other day and leaned towards platinum just a hair.

Still undecided though.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM
299moto is infamous around these parts
Just sold my Gt Silver GTS-Saw it next to platinum at the dealer. Platinum is more brown, GT has more blue/violet.
I'm restoring an old VW in GT and my painter said when he mixed to create the GT, blue & violet were mixed in.

My vote is GT & Espresso
White also looks good on the 991
Maybe they'll unlock sport classic grey for you

As cool as GT is tho, after a while it seemed to blend in as common silver after a while.

Good luck & congrats

Old 12-06-2011, 09:16 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with 299 moto: "As cool as GT is though, after a while it seemed to blend in as common silver after a while ". Platinum has a little champagne tinge in it's shade and looks really cool IMO. I have extensive shots of my GT silver and can post a few if you wanted. For espresso, platinum is the way to go.... without a doubt. For black I say GT silver since they no longer offer artic silver.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:18 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
GT silver was an ice cool look and platinum a warm brownish, earthy slightly beigish look.
That has been my perception, too. A bit warmer, brownish hue with the Platinum Silver.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
People are saying no 991's in GT silver have been spotted but after 2 weeks of staring at Platinum and GT Silver I feel very confident that I can tell the difference, quite easily.

This is the North American Debut in LosAngeles. AND this HAS to be GT Silver. It has no champagne or warm overtones at all.

THoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 3.41.51 PM.png
Views:	342
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	164708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 3.42.00 PM.png
Views:	350
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	164709  
Old 12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
People are saying no 991's in GT silver have been spotted but after 2 weeks of staring at Platinum and GT Silver I feel very confident that I can tell the difference, quite easily.

This is the North American Debut in LosAngeles. AND this HAS to be GT Silver. It has no champagne or warm overtones at all.

THoughts?
I would bet $ that is Platinum Silver. I believe I can see the brown/champagne hue in that paint.

That & the Dark Blue car "duo" have been paraded around quite a bit, and Porsche really is leaning hard on marketing Platinum Silver. The hue especially stands-out in the second picture, but is detectable (to my eye at least) in the first picture as well. To my eyes, GT Silver comes across as a bit more "crisp" for lack of a better term... a bit brighter, colder, but not in a sterile or clinical way.

But hey, I could be mistaken. Either way it's a great color.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 12-07-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Hippocampus is infamous around these parts

THoughts?

Looks like PS to me. I see the warm tones too. Of course the WB camera setting used to take the picture can screw things up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering today - 991CS- seen GT Silver on 991?