Ordering today - 991CS- seen GT Silver on 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Ordering today - 991CS- seen GT Silver on 991?

I'm about to pull the trigger (today). Has anyone got any good pics of GT Silver on the NEW 991? (I've seen it on the Panamera and 997) I'd ideally like to go GT Silver with a natural and black 2-tone leather but I'll have to speak with my dealer configuration person. This is how my 997.2 was.

You long-time members will remember me from my mis-configured 997.2 debacle. I ordered my car and it came missing many options due to a screw up/mis-translation in Porsches computer system. I ordered, but it was missing upon deliver PSE, Sport Chrono, dynamic headlamps, etc. Well I'm pulling the trigger again!

If a natural/two tone option isn't available then I'll bail out and go FULL black leather. Another question - has anyone ordered the factory ducktail and or the Porsche design (name?) front spoiler combo? I like the duck from the Frankfurt reveal videos.

Thanks guys and I'll keep everyone posted along the way. I think I have a short term order Jan build, late Feb deliver. More detail coming later today...including equip list final build sheet.

Cheers.

Last edited by EricP; 12-01-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Hippocampus is infamous around these parts
I held up a factory sample of Platinum Silver Metallic to a GT Silver 997 in the sun at my dealer. Very very close to one another, really hard to distinguish the two. I too love GT Silver but went with platinum given this. I'm not sure the cost difference would be worth it. Your call of course, and best of luck.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Hippo - I'm not new to the colors - I've seen them side by side but I wanted to lay eyes on GT Silver on a 991 specifically. GT Silver has a gold flake in it which makes it rich (color-wise). Arctic is good too!

We need to start the colors threads like we did on the 997 forum!

Last edited by EricP; 12-01-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
I love GT Silver, but Platinum Silver is a beautiful color too. I have not seen it in-person, side by side with GT Silver, but the side by side pics I've seen appear to have the PS slightly "warmer" in tone to GT Silver.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
GT-silver is my favourite silver cause it´s a bit more sporty imho whereas the other silvers (platinum...) are a bit more elegant.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I love both colors, not sure if I have to do it all over again would pay premium for GT silver over platinum. Here is a thread I started sometime ago:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240469&referrerid=0

GT silver was an ice cool look and platinum a warm brownish, earthy slightly beigish look. IMO, platinum goes better with a espresso interior and GT with a black or grey interior. GT silver is the silver you see in silvers of most (if not all) cars albeit the quality of paint and depth of the color is in a different league than the other cars, platinum silver is unique and uncommon although I have seen a similar shade recently on one other make.
On a sidenote I do remember the fiasco on your order and am surprised and disappointed that you are already parting with the subsequent newly spec'd order of yours with that brilliant interior. Why ?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:39 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Just an opinion.

If going with any earth toned interior, I would lean PS.
GT silver with red interior is smoking but not for everyone. Of course black hide with anything paint wise.

Both are great but I would lean PS and keep the savings...in savings.

PS or CW would be my personal coin toss.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
I love GT Silver, but Platinum Silver is a beautiful color too. I have not seen it in-person, side by side with GT Silver, but the side by side pics I've seen appear to have the PS slightly "warmer" in tone to GT Silver.
I thought the GT silver was the warmer color since it had the gold flake in it.
Is this the Platinum or the GT Silver below?

Attached Images     
Old 12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
I thought the GT silver was the warmer color since it had the gold flake in it.
Is this the Platinum or the GT Silver below?
that´s platinum, no 991 showcars in GT-silver have been presented as yet.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
that´s platinum, no 991 showcars in GT-silver have been presented as yet.
HOLY SH*T then I'm ordering platinum. FO Sho!

thanks for the heads up on that!!!

(you might be wrong on the "no show cars in GT yet - see pic - I know for sure that this car is GT and Espresso

Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 AM
HOLY SH*T then I'm ordering platinum. FO Sho!

thanks for the heads up on that!!!

(you might be wrong on the "no show cars in GT yet - see pic - I know for sure that this car is GT and Espresso

no, that´s the same car that you posted above (3rd picture with ducktail).
it´s the car from the IAA in Frankfurt here in Germany, it`s fitted with the sport design package:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-02-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:35 AM
OK, thanks for the correction - That is a great combo.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Did we decide if the dealers will let us order that sport design package yet? (i forgot to ask - will ask today_) Gotta have a duck tail

Last edited by EricP; 12-02-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Did we decide if the dealers will let us order that sport design package yet? (i forgot to ask - will ask today_)

i don`t understand why it isn`t already in the U.S. configurator as it´s something that lots of people are really interested in!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Phew, I am so glad you did ask us. As cathcmyshadow mentioned it is the platinum silver. Hopefully another debacle is averted. So are you trading in your 997.2 ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering today - 991CS- seen GT Silver on 991?