GRIP - 991 Test Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 05:00 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
GRIP - 991 Test Video

One of the most important (if not THE most important) TV Car Shows in Germany is testing the new 991 in the U.S..
Unfortunately no subtitles available, but i thought that the driving impressions, the sound
and some slalom action would still be kind of interesting for you guys. The main action starts at 4:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPh6Z...ayer_embedded#

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-02-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:47 PM
hyper911 is infamous around these partshyper911 is infamous around these parts
cool looks like he got the rear end to step out pretty easily. maybe the camera angle but the rear interior looks huge for a 911. The rear wiper base is also really big - delete option. Car sounds good though.

Last edited by hyper911; 12-02-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hyper911
cool looks like he got the rear end to step out pretty easily.

yeah, Malmedie (the driver) said it is pretty easy, especially with ESP/PSM off.
with PSM off you just have to touch the brake pedal slightly and the back end will swing around as easy as you like.
So early reports that the 991 is not tail-happy are utter BS it seems.

as a side note: "911 newbies, who want to show off in front of their girlfriend/wife, should better forget that there is a PSM-off button", he says.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-02-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:39 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
yeah, Malmedie (the driver) said it is pretty easy, especially with ESP/PSM off.
with PSM off you just have to touch the brake pedal slightly and the back end will swing around as easy as you like.
So early reports that the 991 is not tail-happy are utter BS it seems.

as a side note: "911 newbies, who want to show off in front of their girlfriend/wife, should better forget that there is a PSM-off button", he says.
I was hoping you would do a voice over for us ; D. You have my vote as our official Euro-911 representative.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by mdc
I was hoping you would do a voice over for us ; D. You have my vote as our official Euro-911 representative.

my girl is already seething that i am "wasting" so much time with cars. she says i am more in love with cars than with her.
i haven`t disagreed, lol.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:37 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
my girl is already seething that i am "wasting" so much time with cars. she says i am more in love with cars than with her.
I am considering moving into the garage and put a bed next to my cars, instead of in the house with my wife and kids. ; D

Old 12-03-2011, 01:47 PM
mdc
Let her know you are our 6speed 991 German embbassador, spreading the good word of 991 around the world. Not to mention this will help to improve world economy as more will start to place an order. ; D

Old 12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
HansGT2 is infamous around these parts
Malmedie got our law-enforced way of driving on freeways figured out: he calls it "lame-***". He's making that comment as he dawdles along 101 somewhere around Los Alamos. He says at least it's good for checking up on Porsche's fuel consumption claims.