Porsche Online Configurator Updates in process!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Porsche Online Configurator Updates in process!

Last night I took a swing over there to the Porsche USA online configurator page. Definitely some improvements underway. Subtle layout improvements. BIGTIME IMPROVEMENTS IN PAINT COLOR RENDERINGS! At least Ruby Red now looks in the ballpark of what it looks like in person. It's about TIME.

More options are tricklng-in as well. Though it's not complete, and it CAN be confusing (as in the leather options), they are moving forward on it. The 991's options are starting to increase, though they have a long ways to go to being complete on the USA site.

No excuse for somebody who sells $60k-$240k cars can't render colors correctly on their configurator site.

Once they have it complete, my advice to ANYBODY spec'ing a P-car for build to go to your dealer WITH THE BUILD SHEET YOU HAVE DONE YOURSELF, with all the options you want. This will keep those people on-track... or at least it should. I don't kinow about you, but I'm not inclined to accept a car that I ORDERED unless it's how I ordered it.

Right now they are still lacking many options on the list: deviated stitching colors, deviated carpet colors; gauge face color options (the only one listed is for the Chronograph), "paint to exterior color" options, and so forth.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 12-06-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
you are absolutely right, they need to get it together.....

Old 12-06-2011, 07:54 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
My understanding after talking to my dealer (while he was in front of his tool) was that deviated carpet and Porsche Sport Design Package are valid items but delay the car until after April. He could select them but a little warning box popped up with date info and delay warnings.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I just went over to the configurator and there are no changes I see at all - Both silvers still look like battleship grey. No add'l options.

Wishful thinking ?

Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EricP
My understanding after talking to my dealer (while he was in front of his tool) was that deviated carpet and Porsche Sport Design Package are valid items but delay the car until after April. He could select them but a little warning box popped up with date info and delay warnings.
Yup they are valid, but only publicly accessible on the German site (not the USA config) and perhaps some other foreign countries. I'm not surprised of the delay. There are one or two options already listed that the config. states "are only available after February 2012".

But yes, it's about time they get it together overall in their online presentation of the configurator. Their paint renderings were just hideous.

EricP- Many still need work, as in the silvers, but Ruby Red has been changed from the dull reddish-grey plastic yuck what it was just a few days ago and had been for months. May not be perfect, but definitely made a big improvement with that color.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 12-06-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Hippocampus is infamous around these parts
I ordered deviated carpets and stitching for my Jan build........those options existed on the dealer configurators but not the online configurator when I ordered 3 weeks ago.....l saw it on the dealer configurator with my own eyes.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
So, I am not alone!

Not a big complainer but it really is a mess. Maybe they need to post links to this site's color threads.

Platinum silver looks like the car was dipped in Milk of Magnesia.
I am thinking C white. It looks like white on there. heee.